Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That originally was the sole reason for any restrictions/lock downs. Keeping the hospitals from being overwhelmed.
Irrelevant for this thread. We were talking specifically about demand at WDW and if/when demand would increase resulting in a potential increase in hours. The travel quarantine restrictions imposed by a number of states on visiting FL look at cases and percent positive. To my knowledge no state looks at hospitalizations in FL as a metric to impose a travel quarantine.

GimpYancIent

Could have returned the them, off the books, canceled the lease but Chevrolet haven't moved the fleet yet, but I get your point. Hopefully the haven't and they bring them back next year.
The unique livery of these vehicles would make them collector item's it would be interesting to see what they would get, for instance, at a Barret auto auction.

ImperfectPixie

The unique livery of these vehicles would make them collector item's it would be interesting to see what they would get, for instance, at a Barret auto auction.
If you're referring to the paint jobs...maybe...if the dots are paint and not decals. If there are other, interior customizations, absolutely. Anyone could easily replicate the exterior look of the vans with vinyl though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If you're referring to the paint jobs...maybe...if the dots are paint and not decals. If there are other, interior customizations, absolutely. Anyone could easily replicate the exterior look of the vans with vinyl though.
I assume the outside is not really paint, just a wrap like they do to the monorail from time to time. I’ve never used one so never been inside but I assume its all standard equipment that came with the car.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The inside is all standard. Dark leather seating with typical Chevy LT options.

I hope they bring them back, or they get a new fleet if Chevy redesigns the Traverse for 2022
I see no reason they wouldn’t be back eventually. Right now I understand why they are gone but once the dust settles and the Covid restrictions are relaxed there’s no reason to eliminate a profit center for WDW. Unless they weren’t making money which I find hard to believe.

giantgolfer

Irrelevant for this thread. We were talking specifically about demand at WDW and if/when demand would increase resulting in a potential increase in hours. The travel quarantine restrictions imposed by a number of states on visiting FL look at cases and percent positive. To my knowledge no state looks at hospitalizations in FL as a metric to impose a travel quarantine.
You are wasting your energy. This poster is the epitome of irrelevant thread discussion.

giantgolfer

I see no reason they wouldn’t be back eventually. Right now I understand why they are gone but once the dust settles and the Covid restrictions are relaxed there’s no reason to eliminate a profit center for WDW. Unless they weren’t making money which I find hard to believe.
Uber and Lyft aren’t going away. Minnie Vans will definitely be back at some point.

legwand77

As far as capacity this should be of note, Miami Dolphins are cleared to have a full stadium of 65000 fans if they choose (next home games will only be 13000) , as do all other stadiums in Florida, this would also apply to the parks being allowed full capacity. Desantis lifted all restrictions early this week but is making it more clear. Disney will not move that fast to lift capacity limits even more until travel restrictions are lifted from other states and international locations. It is all in Disney hands now though. I could see Universal/ Sea World ramping it up quicker though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As far as capacity this should be of note, Miami Dolphins are cleared to have a full stadium of 65000 fans if they choose (next home games will only be 13000) , as do all other stadiums in Florida, this would also apply to the parks being allowed full capacity. Desantis lifted all restrictions early this week but is making it more clear. Disney will not move that fast to lift capacity limits even more until travel restrictions are lifted from other states and international locations. It is all in Disney hands now though. I could see Universal/ Sea World ramping it up quicker though.

Stuff like that is terrible news for Disney....not to mention the local community.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know, I hate when people stay employed. 28k lost Disney jobs isn't enough.

/end sarcasm
How does packing a football stadium with people help the unemployed Disney workers? Disney needs the tourists back. They need FL in better shape and off the travel restriction lists. They aren’t going to see improved demand if there is another spike in cases.

Dan Deesnee

How does packing a football stadium with people help the unemployed Disney workers? Disney needs the tourists back. They need FL in better shape and off the travel restriction lists. They aren’t going to see improved demand if there is another spike in cases.

I wasn't talking about just Disney. They reopened when Florida was near it's peak in daily cases, ever since reopening cases have continued to go down.

People want to talk about how terrible it is that so many are losing their jobs and livelihoods while also thinking that we should keep these economically destructive restrictions in place. Florida reduced restrictions and cases continue to drop.

If anyone cares about keeping people employed, then news like stadiums fully reopening should be applauded. Theme parks reopened a few months ago, people are mostly ignoring social distancing when not in lines (I was just in WDW for 6 days, in a park open to close), and yet, again, cases are going down.

legwand77

The other side of your IF is the reason it will help Disney. Also there is a chance in the current testing environment Florida will never move below the requirements to be off the travel restriction of the few NE states. Florida might be hitting the floor of positive tests.

Dan Deesnee

The other side of your IF is the reason it will help Disney. Also there is a chance in the current testing environment Florida will never move below the requirements to be off the travel restriction of the few NE states. Florida might be hitting the floor of positive tests.

They already are below the required positivity rate (10%) to get off of the travel restriction list, they just haven't been removed for whatever reason. The tri-state area released guidelines saying any state with a +10% positivity rate would be on the restricted list. Florida is hovering around 5% and has been below 10% for well over a month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom