Disney Customer Service Giving me the Run Around

MickeyLuv'r

@MickeyLuv'r I'm not sure it gets any clearer than this:

If you are an Annual Passholder that has paid in full, your options include:

• Alternatively, and in lieu of the one month extension, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to cancel their annual pass and receive a partial refund.
If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan, your options include:

• Alternatively, and in lieu of the additional month extension, Passholders on the monthly payment plan may choose to cancel their annual pass and waive their monthly payments due after August 11, 2020. Any payments made between July 11, 2020 and August 11, 2020 will be retroactively refunded for those that select this option and all future payments would be stopped.

Um , I'm not sure how I could be any clearer, but keep scrolling down the pass holder page to THE SECTION LISTED BELOW! The information on the LOWER part of the page conflicts with the section you quoted.

Other Policy Updates and Refunds

During the unprecedented closure period, we introduced policy adjustment options to help you manage your annual pass. Explore details below.
If you are an Annual Passholder who has paid in full:
All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks.
As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan:
On April 5, 2020, we automatically stopped and will waive monthly payments due while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen. Please note, pass expiration dates will not be extended and passes will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates.
As an alternative, Guests who are paying for Walt Disney World Annual Passes using our monthly payment program may choose to have their monthly payments postponed starting with payments due April 5, 2020 through the park closure period, and then resumed on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment date once the parks reopen. Postponed payments will be collected in the months following the end of the Passholder’s currently scheduled payment term. The pass will be extended the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.
Your Guide to Updated Experiences

BASS

@MickeyLuv'r It doesn't conflict. The section you're quoting is old. Look at the heading: During the unprecedented closure period, we introduced policy adjustment options to help you manage your annual pass. Explore details below.

The closure is over. If you look at the section I quoted, the heading is:

Reopening Policy Options

As the Walt Disney World theme parks prepare to reopen, we see a lot of Passholder enthusiasm to get back to the magic. We are eager to see our cherished Passholders too. We also recognize that Park reservations will change the way that many of our Passholders prefer to enjoy their pass. With that in mind, we are offering these alternative options to manage your pass.

The section at the bottom was introduced once the parks closed. Now that the parks have reopened, the new arrangement is what I quoted in the posts above. This jives perfectly with what the emails have conveyed back in May and w/in the last couple weeks.

Ldno

So if anyone has any Merchandise guest services claims pending, now it’s the time to take of care it. They low key re opened the merchandise returns Walkers back in the parks. Call them and they will create a claim for you and start the process and if you contacted them before or during the closure include the email they sent you.

Since i have had a lot of back and forth with them in the past regarding wrong t shirt sizes and wrong belt sizes for merchandise I took the bullet and paid for my own shipping even theirs is complementary and as of today they managed to exchange nearly 85% of the stuff i sent them. THe only hiccups they called about was about an item they have pending and it will be in stock soon but other than that I am completely impressed so far even though I had to go behind back to get it done, but once I called last week and got the green light for the merchandise services to start exchanges I took the chance to mail them. If you do everything they say you shouldn’t have to pay a dime, But lovely ladies and every one Who works there is amazing but sometimes during exchanges in the past I had to do like 4 times per item because of all the back and forth in regards to being sent the completely wrong items.

Susan Savia

So when can I expect my refund? We had APs paid in full. Called June 1st and told them we wanted the refund. We have heard nothing and called July 1st and they couldn’t rell us anything. Whats the holdup?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So when can I expect my refund? We had APs paid in full. Called June 1st and told them we wanted the refund. We have heard nothing and called July 1st and they couldn’t rell us anything. Whats the holdup?
According to a letter I received, refunds will begin processing in mid-September. Not sure why it takes so long.

Ldno

Well if it’s anything by how my exchange went, good luck with your refunds.

Long story short, i paid for my merchandise guest services to be sent there for an exchange. Got back some of my items as of today, lest just say I don’t know how they managed to send me a lightsaber with missing components and a missing case with the charger That I sent back complete. Never fails being the wrong size in tshirts, or just the wrong size and wrong item. Can’t complain, but something soo simple will just take like another month just for not paying attention to detail .

Attachments

• 238238EE-9FE3-40ED-B2E8-6C3C78904C83.jpeg
    238238EE-9FE3-40ED-B2E8-6C3C78904C83.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 711C61BF-AEA6-4478-A3AD-5D6F7246ABD4.jpeg
    711C61BF-AEA6-4478-A3AD-5D6F7246ABD4.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 99

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

It's still annoying. I am just worried I won't ever get it.
I hear you :(. Sandy & I are in the same boat... APs that expired 5-2020, extended to 10-2020, and of no value at all to us :(.

WE got lucky. Bought two NEW GP vouchers, just before the cutoff. We can activate these up to 2030, or when we have a real park :). Meanwhile? "Valid Tickets" :).

Next trip APR 2021 - assuming we do not have to travel from MI to FL on mules :). So much of this is not WDW.... it's interstate travel in one of those 550 MPH Beer Cans, at 20,000 feet :).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I hear you :(. Sandy & I are in the same boat... APs that expired 5-2020, extended to 10-2020, and of no value at all to us :(.

WE got lucky. Bought two NEW GP vouchers, just before the cutoff. We can activate these up to 2030, or when we have a real park :). Meanwhile? "Valid Tickets" :).

Next trip APR 2021 - assuming we do not have to travel from MI to FL on mules :). So much of this is not WDW.... it's interstate travel in one of those 550 MPH Beer Cans, at 35,000 feet :).
FTFY

Ldno

Wow, you know disney’s on a budget when every shipment is being done through ups surepost (ups delivers the leg work and usps delivers) it’s always been ups ground. Even with buying from shop disney and getting a return from merchandise guest services...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I stopped calling as they keep pushing it back a month every time I do. I requested my refund in May.
Several have pointed out that the end of their fiscal year was last week...

They won’t ADMIT they didn’t want to give money back until just before or just after that date...but it’s not unreasonable.

Hcalvert

Several have pointed out that the end of their fiscal year was last week...

They won’t ADMIT they didn’t want to give money back until just before or just after that date...but it’s not unreasonable.
Ok....other people have been getting their money, so it is not unreasonable to expect my refund...

Hcalvert

Oh...I’m not disputing that at all. Not pro-Disney...just wondering why they might be dragging their feet?
Sorry, misinterpreted your other post. It has been one of those days. Regardless of Disney's reasons for not refunding promptly, it is rather annoying that some people (who requested after May) are getting their refunds and I continue to be told that I will get my refund eventually and they cannot really say when. 😒

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom