New Evolv AI security scanners & bag-check procedures implemented at the parks

Figments Friend

I walked through these at DAK this morning, and these are terrific.
Everyone walks straight through....no stopping.
So camera equipment should go through just fine.

Electronics also go through with no issues, including the tablet I had which normally one is asked to remove from your bag before screening.
Not so with this new security scanner system.

So smooth and quick...you don't even feel like you are going through a security check.
These are going to help speed the process up tremendously in the future when the Parks get back to normal operating capacity during the busy seasons of the year.

-

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Does anyone have experience going through these scanners with a camera backpack filled with photography equipment? I have no problem going through a traditional bag check, even with this system, even in the age of Covid-19, but it would be sweet to waltz right through if this new system can handle it.

TSA doesn't seem to have a problem with my photography equipment during scanning with their machines, so I'm wondering if this new technology would be even easier.

~NM

I've carried a Lowepro hunchback to all the parks for years ( a few autofocus lenses, spare batteries, memory cards) and when we went two weeks ago, it was the easiest experience I've ever had once Security had me remove my two umbrellas from the sides. Hold them in one hand, the backpack in the other offset from my body, walkthrough, and I was done.

Gringrinngghost

Does anyone have experience going through these scanners with a camera backpack filled with photography equipment? I have no problem going through a traditional bag check, even with this system, even in the age of Covid-19, but it would be sweet to waltz right through if this new system can handle it.

TSA doesn't seem to have a problem with my photography equipment during scanning with their machines, so I'm wondering if this new technology would be even easier.

~NM
I’ve only been able to recall issues with my DJI Gimbal since it has a pistol style grip.

esskay

Yeah, I will concur that umbrellas seem to be the one object that triggers the new scanners.

As newworkpro said above, just remove it from your bag and hold it in front of you as you walk through and you are good to go.

-
Probably to do with it being a long metal cylinder. A fair trade off though, I doubt many guests are walking in with umbrealls, just plastic poncho's 😁

RaySharpton

This sounds great. Thanks for the info

I presume a power wheelchair will be scanned by hand wand and visually checked.

Anyone have any experiences or suggestions?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Looks like you're getting your wish.
1601688628247.png

FigmentsFangirl

My only question is, what about money bags ? In this case loose change kept in a seprate bag and not direftly in the wallet ? I ask this because my dad keeps his lose change in a seperate leather bag {with a metal spring like opening}, my brother does the sasme only his moneybag has a zipper, do either of these set it off, or is it just things like pocket knives and handguns ? {I carry 1 pocket knife at all times {commen self defense really} My dad has one as well, a smaller than a credit card swiss army knife {he's an Eagle Scout} and my brother carries two old picket knives he is trying tro get replaced, all of these knives are smaller than a credit card when closed or opened}

Truth be told I'm actually scared of guns

Horizons1

Neat technology.

I do miss the days when there were not scanners and bag checks, though. I try to explain to my girlfriend, who did not visit Disney until after 9/11 and therefore has no memories of life before bag checks at the parks, what it was like at a time when you could just walk up the gate and get in. She can’t even imagine.

Oh well.

dmw

In the Parks
No
In the past I have argued against the bag checks as inconvenient, inconsistent and time consuming security theater (we do not need to rehash).

With these new devices, I will concede that security is improved with technology and consistency. Sure, there are still security holes, but I applaud Disney for putting out the $$ for this improvement. Now, can we get airport TSA to adopt these?

TrainsOfDisney

In the past I have argued against the bag checks as inconvenient, inconsistent and time consuming security theater (we do not need to rehash).

With these new devices, I will concede that security is improved with technology and consistency. Sure, there are still security holes, but I applaud Disney for putting out the $$ for this improvement. Now, can we get airport TSA to adopt these?
the Florida bag checks have gotten increasingly inconsistent with rules changing every single time you arrive. (California has been inconvenient, but at least the rules stay the same).

I’m so glad to see this change. I hope Disney lays off the security with the word to guest relations feedback first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom