News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

raymusiccity

Isn’t Epcot Forever mostly pyro anyway? Minus the kites.
Sorry, I'm a bit late with this:
BREAKING: After-Hours Fireworks Testing to Take Place at EPCOT on September 23
Tuesday, September 22, 2020 Epcot, Walt Disney World
On Wednesday, September 23, there will be fireworks testing on World Showcase Lagoon at EPCOT. Testing is expected to conclude prior to midnight that evening. During this test, fireworks will be launched inside the park.

Guests currently staying at select on-site resorts are being advised that they might hear loud noises from their rooms during this test."

gerarar

Premium Member
Well Epcot Forever had a lot of decent pyro....until they cut it in half. For example in the finale, they used to go in 2s and 4s during A Whole New World, now it’s in 1s and 2s.

RSoxNo1

Well Epcot Forever had a lot of decent pyro....until they cut it in half. For example in the finale, they used to go in 2s and 4s during A Whole New World, now it’s in 1s and 2s.
I've pretended that segment didn't happen.

I don't think EPCOT is really conducive to the larger fireworks, but it can make up for it in volume. Initially I thought there were a handful of different options that would have been obvious choices to close out EPCOT Forever; but the further I get away from its debut the more I'm convinced that the closing song should have been Celebrate the Future.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member

I don't think EPCOT is really conducive to the larger fireworks, but it can make up for it in volume. Initially I thought there were a handful of different options that would have been obvious choices to close out EPCOT Forever; but the further I get away from its debut the more I'm convinced that the closing song should have been Celebrate the Future.
Yea the finale didn’t really fit, but imo it made up for it with the fireworks/pyro used. Now that’s reduced greatly....it’s so lackluster now.
Another example I should’ve pointed out is the Tapestry of Nations segment. When it first debuted, the pyro would form a nice halo/ring around lagoon....now only two sides go at a time so it’s barely anything now....sigh

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I've pretended that EF didn't happen. ;)

trainplane3

I've pretended that EF didn't happen. ;)
I'll never forget 1/10/19. Some random music started playing and there were jet skis and kites. It seemed weird to not have an actual show since it'll be a while until we get Harm'd.

Also just as weird how there was never a Robocop 3. The second one was still really good but they never made a third one.

;)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah heaven only knows what lives in there lol

And they are going to have fountains shoot that water into the air. Same with the nasty water at DAK and Rivers of Light lol.
But at dak there was no pyro...

Illuminations has shot shells into that lake since 1983...truth be told they probably would never get away with that now...even with the pope in charge of reedy creek

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You would think they would be required to clean it, somehow.
Remember that wdw was a phosphate poisoned fertilizer farm prior to 1964...

The only reason it wasn’t an epa brownfield was because superfund wasn’t passed until 1973.

So in that respect...it’s far “better” than before. Disney used to do great things...now they do “premium experiences” 🙄 like throwing everyone out of magic kingdom at 6 pm and charging $120 to let you back in at 6:05 😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And people fish in the crescent lake water which connects to the lagoon. Hasn't killed off the fish. Tho, I wouldn't eat one.
Good point...though there is some lock control mechanisms under the France bridge out of view.

They have cleaned that up periodically...i’m
Not making them a “villian”...just times have changed.

Remember it’s “catch and release” all over property including crescent lake...with good reason. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom