News ESPN plans to move college basketball events to ESPN Wide World of Sports

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

My first thought was that March Madness would further complicate (crowd) Spring Break, but that's my selfish concerns raising their ugly head. Reading the ... blurb?..... that doesn't seem to be the case, though. 🤷‍♀️

NelleBelle

My first thought was that March Madness would further complicate (crowd) Spring Break, but that's my selfish concerns raising their ugly head. Reading the ... blurb?..... that doesn't seem to be the case, though. 🤷‍♀️
I know! This was my first thought thought, too 😮 But I think we’ve decided to go late enough that we won’t encounter this (we were initially tossing around March but I think we are definitely thinking May). It’s one thing if they open All Star resorts but a potential annoyance if they don’t (thinking of when NBA played—only worse as it’s college kids with no self control as we’ve seen lately). 😠

Figments Friend

The Good Year Blimp has been cruising the skies above Pop Century for the last four nights I have been staying here.
Kinda cool to see it up there circling the ESPN Sports Complex.

I would post a photo I snapped, but not able to at the moment.

-

DCBaker

Premium Member
"ESPN is canceling plans to host eight of its men's college basketball events at one location in Orlando, Florida.

ESPN had planned to move eight of its 10 nonconference events to the ESPN Wide World of Sports property at Walt Disney World in Orlando, including the Champions Classic, Charleston Classic, Myrtle Beach Invitational, NIT Season Tip-Off, Wooden Legacy, Orlando Invitational, Jimmy V Classic and Diamond Head Classic.

The ESPN Wide World of Sports was the site for the NBA's bubble."

"ESPN Events set out to create a protected environment for teams to participate in early-season events in Orlando," an official statement from ESPN said. "Based on certain challenges surrounding testing protocols, we opted to resume these tournaments during the 2021-22 season."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom