Savi's Workshop

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I saw they are taking reservations again. Question, they have a 7PM slot, but the park closes at 7PM. Do they do one last one and let you stay later(are they doing this with dining too?) and if so, is it a rushed experience?

GimpYancIent

I saw they are taking reservations again. Question, they have a 7PM slot, but the park closes at 7PM. Do they do one last one and let you stay later(are they doing this with dining too?) and if so, is it a rushed experience?
You do realize that your inquiry is confusing management even more.

HongKongFooy

So of course it's locked behind a significant additional paywall and the vast majority of guests will never see it.

If the first 'paywall' is the Studios Park ticket, then what is the 'additional' one ???........I'm a bit confused here.

Disney now charges to enter the lightsaber shop? Or requires purchase if entering?

I went in that shop I think on 4 different visits last year to look at the artifacts and displays without paying anything.

UNCgolf

If the first 'paywall' is the Studios Park ticket, then what is the 'additional' one ???........I'm a bit confused here.

Disney now charges to enter the lightsaber shop? Or requires purchase if entering?

I went in that shop I think on 4 different visits last year to look at the artifacts and displays without paying anything.

Guess I'm wrong then -- I was almost positive you were only allowed in with a reservation to build a lightsaber.

If I'd known anyone could walk in I would have checked it out in January.

EDIT: I just looked it up and it says you have to have a reservation to get inside, and if you have a reservation you must build a lightsaber. People building a lightsaber are allowed to bring in one guest, but there's not enough space for other people. Is there some other area of the shop beyond where the lightsabers are built?

Last edited:

Ldno

Don’t forget to vote for the next lightsaber!

400 for 4 people? It should be 800, you can have one guest per builder, but if all should build you need four reservations.

No it will not be rushed. you just happened to be there after the park closes.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster

Don’t forget to vote for the next lightsaber!

400 for 4 people? It should be 800, you can have one guest per builder, but if all should build you need four reservations.

No it will not be rushed. you just happened to be there after the park closes.
We would get one for each kid. 4 of us would be just too deadly. Way too much saber for one family.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Guess I'm wrong then -- I was almost positive you were only allowed in with a reservation to build a lightsaber.

If I'd known anyone could walk in I would have checked it out in January.

EDIT: I just looked it up and it says you have to have a reservation to get inside, and if you have a reservation you must build a lightsaber. People building a lightsaber are allowed to bring in one guest, but there's not enough space for other people. Is there some other area of the shop beyond where the lightsabers are built?
Think they are confusing Savi's (paid reservation experience to build a lightsaber) with Dok Ondar's (great theming, non-paid store where you can buy legacy lightsabers).

UNCgolf

Think they are confusing Savi's (paid reservation experience to build a lightsaber) with Dok Ondar's (great theming, non-paid store where you can buy legacy lightsabers).

I was actually just about to say that. I don't think Dok Ondar's is all that amazing, though. The AA is really cool, and it's a neat shop, but I wasn't blown away when I went in.

Of course, when I was in there it was absolutely packed and hard to even move around, so I probably didn't get the best experience. I imagine that's the same experience most people get, though, especially considering I was there at one of the "light" times.

HongKongFooy

400 for 4 people? It should be 800,

No, it should not. $100 per build is well enough already; this is a Whitneyish toy whereby guests semi customly assemble(meaning there is a multitude of combinations, but finite nonetheless) their light sword using interchangeable plastic parts, no?

Ldno

Attachments

• 40D7B1AE-2B65-43C9-97F0-A56C97DABECF.jpeg
    40D7B1AE-2B65-43C9-97F0-A56C97DABECF.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 235

Hobbs

does anyone know if there is a place to store your lightsaber so you don't have to carry it around in the park the rest of the day, since they are no longer sending packages back to your hotel?

NelleBelle

hotel no, house yes, had someone confirm this for me yesterday!
That's good to know! We're hopefully planning a trip to DLR this summer (if they EVER open) and I know my 2 sons want to do Savi's. Although they could just run them back to the hotel--one of the things we love about DLR, everything is so close that if you need to run back to the room, it's not an an hour or more to do it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom