News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

dolbyman

It's official.. We canceled our October trip (rebooked from May).

Canada-US borders are still closed and a 2 week mandatory quarantine is just too much of a hassle. (On top my family coming in from Germany would not be insured for Covid-19 related issues and the German government excludes US travelers from sick pay benefits .. as an addition travel deterrent)

We hope next year will be better .. maybe Disneyland Paris in December .. if the travel situation has not gotten worse till then

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The Force will soon be flowing once again inside Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. Beginning Sept. 20, the Gatherers will invite you into this mysterious shop in Black Spire Outpost to train you in the ways of constructing a lightsaber."

"Advanced reservations (highly recommended) for Savi’s Workshop will open Sept. 16 via Disneyworld.com or the My Disney Experience mobile app; you can also stop by the shop to check for walk-up availability on the day of your visit. You must have a valid Disney Parks Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios prior to making a reservation for Savi’s Workshop"

Ldno

"The Force will soon be flowing once again inside Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. Beginning Sept. 20, the Gatherers will invite you into this mysterious shop in Black Spire Outpost to train you in the ways of constructing a lightsaber."

"Advanced reservations (highly recommended) for Savi’s Workshop will open Sept. 16 via Disneyworld.com or the My Disney Experience mobile app; you can also stop by the shop to check for walk-up availability on the day of your visit. You must have a valid Disney Parks Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios prior to making a reservation for Savi’s Workshop"

i recently booked a trip for November, was already planning on not worrying about a savi’s reservation, but today I am screaming inside of happiness after seeing this news!! Little by little it feels like things are going back to normal but lets hope More of the parks open up for the holidays!

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Cinderella’s Royal Table, the restaurant inside of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, has seen a price cut due to a lack of characters when it reopens on September 24th. Reservations opened this morning, and here is the updated pricing:

Adults – $62 (down from $75)
Children – $37 (down from $45)"

DisneyDebRob

"Cinderella’s Royal Table, the restaurant inside of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, has seen a price cut due to a lack of characters when it reopens on September 24th. Reservations opened this morning, and here is the updated pricing:

Adults – $62 (down from $75)
Children – $37 (down from $45)"

Holy cow, had no idea the price was 75 bucks. I haven’t look at what it cost because it’s not a interest for me but am blown away.

MM311

Holy cow, had no idea the price was 75 bucks. I haven’t look at what it cost because it’s not a interest for me but am blown away.
I had no clue either, we were actually going to make reservations since our 10 year old son really has no interest in princesses, we thought now would be a great time to eat in the castle... I was able to find reservations, but it wanted me to prepay $230 for the 3 of us, no thanks!

rowrbazzle

Breakfast is cheaper. Or at least it was. And the price does include tax and tip, if I remember correctly. Once you factor that in it's not much more than Akershus at Epcot. Still crazy, though.

DisneyDebRob

Breakfast is cheaper. Or at least it was. And the price does include tax and tip, if I remember correctly. Once you factor that in it's not much more than Akershus at Epcot. Still crazy, though.
I agree. I know, I know.. it’s the experience. Family of 4 being over 300 dollars? I guess some think it’s worth it but boy can I find so many things to do with that money. To each his own I guess.

edit: A little under 300, kids are a little less.

rowrbazzle

I agree. I know, I know.. it’s the experience. Family of 4 being over 300 dollars? I guess some think it’s worth it but boy can I find so many things to do with that money. To each his own I guess.

edit: A little under 300, kids are a little less.
Mrs. rowrbazzle took our daughter a couple years ago. She was just shy of her 3rd birthday so she was free. That seemed like a decent deal. Of course, our little girl was more interested in eating and coloring than taking pictures with the princesses (she feigned a swing at Aurora with her wand) so it wasn't quite the magical breakfast we envisioned. 😄

Maybe the two of them would go again sometime. Maybe. I don't see us ever forking over money for the whole family, though. I just can't stomach spending that much on a meal at Disney.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Do we know an approximate date for the outlets? My wallet is already crying but we leave town tomorrow and won't be back until November anyway. So even if it was by tomorrow, I'm not sure I'd want to fight the pirates that are sure to show up (or leave it bare if I went later at night). At least I can plan to stop by in November, hopefully that's enough time that there will still be some pickings for us common folk.

The Vineland outlet opened today.

Lilofan

Do we know an approximate date for the outlets? My wallet is already crying but we leave town tomorrow and won't be back until November anyway. So even if it was by tomorrow, I'm not sure I'd want to fight the pirates that are sure to show up (or leave it bare if I went later at night). At least I can plan to stop by in November, hopefully that's enough time that there will still be some pickings for us common folk.
Without the South American tourists ( i e. Brazil ) the Orlando outlet malls are not even worth operating. Most of their business is from them.

JoeCamel

Without the South American tourists ( i e. Brazil ) the Orlando outlet malls are not even worth operating. Most of their business is from them.
The people from the UK were well represented at the outlets as well. Talked to a couple that did the math to find the prices were a bargain for them even with the cost of getting it back.

JohnD

What's going on October 9-16 that DHS is blocked out to resort guests and ticket holders? But AP holders have availability at all parks October 13-15? I've never seen that before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom