Biergarten table service, avoid until they change

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
We've always enjoy eating there until today when we got our first dose of the bring it to your table service.

The Kalt salat options were tasteless (beets just cut up, macaroni slathered in mayo, the kartoffelnsalat potatoes not fully cooked).
The entree platter was full, in fact too full for just the two of us. Overcooked schnitzel, tasteless beef and pork wurst, the only bright spots were the Hühnerfrikassee and Soßklopse . The kraut tasted like canned and didmt have the first carraway seed in it.

The deserts were ok, cheese cake with fruit puree, chocolate cake roll, and apple strudel with vanilla sauce.

Imho the only attractions for this place right now are Schofferhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen on tap by the liter and the band (yes they are still really German, but they live here) .

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We've always enjoy eating there until today when we got our first dose of the bring it to your table service.

The Kalt salat options were tasteless (beets just cut up, macaroni slathered in mayo, the kartoffelnsalat potatoes not fully cooked).
The entree platter was full, in fact too full for just the two of us. Overcooked schnitzel, tasteless beef and beef wurst, the only bright spots were the Hühnerfrikassee and Soßklopse . The kraut tasted like canned and didmt have the first carraway seed in it.
Honestly...the Biergarten food has steadily declined for years...

And it was “niche” to start. It’s really outrageous for the price for awhile now

Hockey89

The entree platter was full, in fact too full for just the two of us. Overcooked schnitzel, tasteless beef and pork wurst, the only bright spots were the Hühnerfrikassee and Soßklopse . The kraut tasted like canned and didmt have the first carraway seed in it.

The deserts were ok, cheese cake with fruit puree, chocolate cake roll, and apple strudel with vanilla sauce.

Imho the only attractions for this place right now are Schofferhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen on tap by the liter and the band (yes they are still really German, but they live here) .
Mmmmm the food is terrible there for years. This is not shocking. You thinking it would be good is the only shocking item here.

Lilofan

Wow, that's sad. That was our favorite place to eat.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
There’s less money in that

Charge more for the pretzels then and the beer. At the outdoor carts. Amazing what a .50 increase can do. And face it. If your spending $8.50 for a beer - what's $8.99 gonna do? Cause after all, you wouldn't be paying $8.99 for a beer. You'd be paying $8.99 for a beer at The Germany Pavilion at EPCOT. It just goes down smoother there.

On the other hand - myself - I'd no longer buy the beer - but I would have the cake.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Charge more for the pretzels then and the beer. At the outdoor carts. Amazing what a .50 increase can do. And face it. If your spending $8.50 for a beer - what's $8.99 gonna do?
Why do anything to jeopardize a mediocre buffet with a flat price of $46/$25?

I’m not saying I advocate this...but in order to hunt the beast...you must understand the beast

Magenta Panther

Honestly...the Biergarten food has steadily declined for years...

And it was “niche” to start. It’s really outrageous for the price for awhile now

I agree. I love the ambience of the place, but the buffet was...pretty bad. I've been there twice - both times the food was abysmal. Lackluster and mostly tasteless. The only Epcot dining experience that disappointed me more was Morocco.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree. I love the ambience of the place, but the buffet was...pretty bad. I've been there twice - both times the food was abysmal. Lackluster and mostly tasteless. The only Epcot dining experience that disappointed me more was Morocco.
Ugh...

Morocco is awful. It’s like they didn’t realize that “scuzzy 70’s” went out of style in the 80’s

Nine dragons is awful...but I never understand why anyone would even bother?

Akerhus bad before they went full princess

Le cellier is average...terrible for the price

HouCuseChickie

I love German food, but last time we were at Biergarten (Dec 2017), we noticed things were pretty hit or miss. I specifically remember the German potato salad having a number of obviously undercooked potatoes, which saddened me as the flavoring of theirs is very similar to my grandmother's and would have been a real home run for me if they'd been cooked.

Benjamin_Nicholas

I mean, if we're being real, all of Epcot is pretty much junk. Even Paul's. It's a farce.

The majority of crowds that come convince themselves they're getting something amazing because they're overpaying and at a Disney park (where everything MUST be magical).

It's basic brainwashed behavior for many.

Hockey89

I mean, if we're being real, all of Epcot is pretty much junk. Even Paul's. It's a farce.

The majority of crowds that come convince themselves they're getting something amazing because they're overpaying and at a Disney park (where everything MUST be magical).

It's basic brainwashed behavior for many.
Pretty much lol.

castlecake2.0

I wish they’d turn the upstairs area into table service where the buffet is and then turn the lower tiers into a bar area, I think much more people would go in and buy a couple beers and a small plate compared to the lack of demand for AYCE model they have now. Both lunch and dinner are 40% off for cast even before covid, which is an SOS for any restaurant on property

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Seems like if the Oktoberfest can crank out good food at hefty prices for two weeks in a temporary kitchen, WDW should be able to do it in their permanent facility.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom