Biergarten table service, avoid until they change

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Seems like if the Oktoberfest can crank out good food at hefty prices for two weeks in a temporary kitchen, WDW should be able to do it in their permanent facility.

Yeah, but everybody is drunk at Oktoberfest. So the food quality doesn't matter much. I mean, if all people did was go around and get drunk at EPCOT like they were members of some fictional "drinking team" - then they wouldn't be as concerned with the actual taste of the food either.

Wait..... Ok now it makes more sense. Nevermind.

Phonedave

The Rotary Club I used to belong to does an Oktoberfest fundraiser. The member who was in charge of food (who just happens to come from Germany, and still has businesses there) say the temporary kitchen aspect was the worst part of it all. We used to rent a American Legion and use their kitchen. We only did 550 - 600 people through the gate for the one day event, but the food was excellent, and we made a heck of a profit.

I was not involved in food - I ran all beverage operations (and for a time security as well). Setting up temporary bars is no picnic either. My distributor used to give me a refrigerated tap trailer to use, but then they stopped - that make things especially interesting. We charged $5 for a 16oz pour, and were making 110% profit at the bar, after all expenses (tent rentals, cleaning supplies, cups, kitchen help stealing beer, etc)

Benjamin_Nicholas

Yeah, but everybody is drunk at Oktoberfest. So the food quality doesn't matter much. I mean, if all people did was go around and get drunk at EPCOT like they were members of some fictional "drinking team" - then they wouldn't be as concerned with the actual taste of the food either.

Wait..... Ok now it makes more sense. Nevermind.

If you've been to Munich for Fest, yes, some people are really drunk, but not as many as you'd think. Germans hold their own very well.

And no... Sober or drunk, they expect GOOD German fare.

My expectations for something edible at a Disney park are always low. That's never been their focus.

Hcalvert

My husband loves Biergarten---me, not so much. I really don't like eating anywhere at EPCOT anymore and I refuse to visit the park in the state that it is in now. I used to like Morocco, but the food has declined there as well. For our last trip in July (15 days and during Food & Wine), I visited EPCOT one time and we ate at Beaches & Cream for dinner. I told my husband I am not wasting a park pass on that park for our trips in December and June. I won't be going back until there is hopping again and I definitely don't want to go back to the Biergarten any time soon.

Nutso4Disney

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately I have to agree with the OP. My boyfriend and I were just at WDW a few weeks ago and the Biergarten has always been a favorite, but not anymore with this new style and the food was not the same quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom