Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

cmwade77

I'm calling it now...Disneyland will wait until the new year. Lets say they get approval mid October. They would need about 1-1.5 months to prepare (training, bringing ppl back on board, etc) that puts them right in the middle of the holiday season. To save money and not have to worry about holiday crowds, I see them putting it off until Jan.
Perhaps you have missed it, Disney says they need 10 days to reopen.

westie

Original Poster
Well tomorrow marks my personal deadline to cancel my trip for the 20-21st that I booked back in Jan. Sadly this will mean everything I had planned since March has been canceled or rescheduled. I have over $500. credit built up with Southwest air. I have $350. credit on my Visa, which they are not paying me interest on. That door doesn't swing both ways lol. So Mrs. Westie and I are thinking of doing a weekend in Vegas since fights and hotels are down to about $40 bucks and they do have a Morimoto's in Vegas. I really appreciate all your guys' insight and optimism. This is by far my longest thread to date. Once again I've been led on by rumors coming out of a CM's mouth. I do not see a Sept. opening or any opening soon. OP out!

cmwade77

This is why I'm thinking DL may bite the bullet and hold off right now.
Or may be pushing the state to release guidelines now; however, renewing their knowledge won't take much, even if it technically expires after 6 months.

The biggest issue as others have pointed out are the APs; however, it seems the ones that complain the loudest are mostly the ones that pay monthly and since the default became to not extend the monthly APs unless they specifically called and asked for it, a lot of those have been eliminated and this may have indeed been an intentional decision on Disney's part for that very reason. Of course there are exceptions on both sides, but I am speaking overall and what may have reduced it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Just an FYI, HKDL might be allowed to reopen after its recent closure as soon as the 18th:

So if true that would leave the original Disneyland Resort in Anaheim as the only Disney Resort not yet reopened. There is still hope that a reopening can happen in some form this year. So we'll just have to wait and see.

mickEblu

Just an FYI, HKDL might be allowed to reopen after its recent closure as soon as the 18th:

So if true that would leave the original Disneyland Resort in Anaheim as the only Disney Resort not yet reopened. There is still hope that a reopening can happen in some form this year. So we'll just have to wait and see.

but the guy on the other thread said October 8th.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Newsom actually just had a press conference in which he is signing a few bills to support small businesses. One is a tax cut to small business owners for each employee they bring back as a means to stimulate the economy. He said there will be more in the coming weeks.

Talks of fires and COVID as well. But No theme park talks.

JustinSt

Newsom actually just had a press conference in which he is signing a few bills to support small businesses. One is a tax cut to small business owners for each employee they bring back as a means to stimulate the economy. He said there will be more in the coming weeks.

Talks of fires and COVID as well. But No theme park talks.
He was the one to bring it up yesterday without being asked, so I think, we are getting closer to a official opening.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
1599687882560.png

Gottalovepluto

Well tomorrow marks my personal deadline to cancel my trip for the 20-21st that I booked back in Jan. Sadly this will mean everything I had planned since March has been canceled or rescheduled. I have over $500. credit built up with Southwest air. I have $350. credit on my Visa, which they are not paying me interest on. That door doesn't swing both ways lol. So Mrs. Westie and I are thinking of doing a weekend in Vegas since fights and hotels are down to about $40 bucks and they do have a Morimoto's in Vegas. I really appreciate all your guys' insight and optimism. This is by far my longest thread to date. Once again I've been led on by rumors coming out of a CM's mouth. I do not see a Sept. opening or any opening soon. OP out!
You have a credit on your Visa? Just call your credit card company and tell them you have a credit and want the refund sent to your bank/issue you a check. A couple of the majors I know will do Ach. You can send a Secure message to Chase and they’ll set up an ACH transfer to your bank. You can chat Amex and they’ll send it to the bank account on file. It’s your cash, not your Credit Card company’s. They have to give it back to you.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Does Great Wolf Lodge count as a Family entertainment center or water/ theme park?

Attachments

• 74A4A6C6-CC83-4FF3-92A0-08FE6164F520.jpeg
    74A4A6C6-CC83-4FF3-92A0-08FE6164F520.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 80

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Does Great Wolf Lodge count as a Family entertainment center or water/ theme park?
Depends on what part they are reopening. They can reopen the hotel/lodge now if they wanted. Maybe they'll keep their water area closed.

However maybe they know that an announcement will come soon, which allows them to reopen the water area on Oct 1st.

cmwade77

Depends on what part they are reopening. They can reopen the hotel/lodge now if they wanted. Maybe they'll keep their water area closed.

However maybe they know that an announcement will come soon, which allows them to reopen the water area on Oct 1st.
Actually, since Orange county is now in the Red Tier, they can open the water park portion as a pool area and/or indoor fitness area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom