Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgmnt

The only unannounced thing I feel like I could openly speculate on would be a shut down of Space Mountain sometime after Labor Day 2022 for a complete teardown and rebuild in advance of *its* 50th anniversary. I sometimes wonder if someone has to be severely injured on that ride for management to commit to such a project...

TTA94

I'd rather see them make headway on a light parade for MK over a new fireworks show there.

I'd also place a replacement night show at DAK above the need for a new fireworks show at MK.

Id rather see them making headway on a light parade as well! If they can be building a nighttime show when they don’t know even know when they’ll be able to debut it, Why can’t they be building a light parade?

T.Will

The only unannounced thing I feel like I could openly speculate on would be a shut down of Space Mountain sometime after Labor Day 2022 for a complete teardown and rebuild in advance of *its* 50th anniversary. I sometimes wonder if someone has to be severely injured on that ride for management to commit to such a project...

Insiders have said there are no plans for Space.

doctornick

HS needs something in the way of nighttime spectacular as well. Really hoping that Fantasmic is replaced.

Eh. I still think Fantasmic! is great and actually kind of timeless. Sure, a refresh,maybe swapping out some segments for different characters, but I see no real reason it needs to be replaced. If big budget entertainment money is going towards DHS, I'd rather see it go towards a daytime parade or a bigger fireworks show.

As for the 50th proper, I really hope that MK gets a light parade, even if it is a borrow like PTN.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nya...
that's why i said it's speculative

though the speculation is derived more from wishful thinking more than educated (cynical) guessing
If that’s how it works...

Then I speculate they will retheme the entirety of Star Wars land to the old stuff and build that xwing coaster I always speculated about 👍🏻🤘🏻

TTA94

What happens next year probably won’t just be about Covid, it will also be a timing thing for the 50th. And honestly a smart move on Disney’s part to hold off bringing things back until the 50th so they can get away with not debuting new things and just promote the return of Pre Covid entertainment. Unfortunately that’s likely the reality of what’s going to happen.

DMMDMM

I just want the hotel reservations to open up for late 2021. I will be happy just to be there. Any rumors when the hotel reservations will be available?

sbunit

I just want the hotel reservations to open up for late 2021. I will be happy just to be there. Any rumors when the hotel reservations will be available?

Ive been asking the same question the past few weeks. The 50th “season” is almost a year away. People want to book and plan (and feel the resumption of some degree of normality and excitement in their lives)

TTA94

Could be wrong but I’m guessing they will not open resort reservations until Covid is under control, meaning a vaccine.

My prediction is they won’t make to many 50th announcements until the Spring. They may have set plans by then, but just not announced.

TTA94

I know we talked about this before but I ran across this again on YouTube. This show seems so ideal for the 50th. Well, with some segments changes to fit MK, and the fountains. I mean the theme song, original version, came from WDW.

IMDREW

I know we talked about this before but I ran across this again on YouTube. This show seems so ideal for the 50th. Well, with some segments changes to fit MK, and the fountains. I mean the theme song, original version, came from WDW.

Yeah, this would be perfect. Just add the big fireworks and its done. I loved it in TDR! Absolutely amazing and beautiful colours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom