Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

yensidtlaw1969

Main Street Theatre would have been open by now. BTM should have closed imminently. The new entertainment festivities would have started next spring.
Other attractions would have been systematically updated through this year and into next.

We did get the HOP upgrades which were the start of the project.
Does The HOP Upgrades refer to the newest iteration of the show that opened in 2017? Or did something else get an upgrade there in the time since?

The revised show has been open so long at this point I'd be surprised (impressed?) if they considered that the start of work for the 50th.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does The HOP Upgrades refer to the newest iteration of the show that opened in 2017? Or did something else get an upgrade there in the time since?

The revised show has been open so long at this point I'd be surprised (impressed?) if they considered that the start of work for the 50th.
It was the current version. Scripting aside it was a large infrastructure project.

Haymarket2008

Main Street Theatre would have been open by now. BTM should have closed imminently. The new entertainment festivities would have started next spring.
Other attractions would have been systematically updated through this year and into next.

Are we still in the “fine tooth combing” of their budgets or have they got their act together with a plan to continue refurbs?
I hope this isn’t a half baked anniversary.

IMDREW

Are we still in the “fine tooth combing” of their budgets or have they got their act together with a plan to continue refurbs?
I hope this isn’t a half baked anniversary.
I'm not sure it will even be half baked. Looking more like not baked at all to me :(

RSoxNo1

The 2017 Hall of Presidents update was considered part of the 2021 projects? Don't get me wrong, they did a great job with the audio and video upgrades, but we all know the attraction is updated for every change in president.

RSoxNo1

Yes. The 50th was the biggest part of but not all of the project.
Recognizing that the world has changed dramatically since then, I hope that the quality of future "plussing" will be in line with these upgrades. The media upgrades to HoP were very well done.

ToTBellHop

Opinions on the current administration aside, the video and audio is significantly improved.
Oh it has nothing to do with the administration. That new AA is objectively horrifying. My kids will wake up screaming at 2 am and we need our sleep on vacay.

1598542276222.jpeg

Chills.

Brian

Oh it has nothing to do with the administration. That new AA is objectively horrifying. My kids will wake up screaming at 2 am and we need our sleep on vacay.

View attachment 493325
Chills.

Also, this is the first time we've all had 12 megapixel cameras in our pockets. Pres. Obama was inagurated in 2009 when you'd need a professional lens to get a clear close up like this one.

It's meant to be looked at from way back in the audience, not zoomed up like that.

tirian

Also, this is the first time we've all had 12 megapixel cameras in our pockets. Pres. Obama was inagurated in 2009 when you'd need a professional lens to get a clear close up like this one.

It's meant to be looked at from way back in the audience, not zoomed up like that.
It’s a poor quality sculpt that almost looks like they repurposed Ellen from UOE. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom