News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

Thelazer

I mean if Disney would just come out and say.

"Demand isn't there, we have to adjust the park operating model, we won't need half the staff and resorts till 2022"

That actually MIGHT go over better than this BS. At least it cuts the speculation out.
Pick a date, stick with it.. instead of this willy-nilly week by week closure, opening, delay, rethink, adjustment, etc.

Rooms being re-done could be done one building at a time with the resort open.
So that's not a good reason.

They've closed half the main lodge before, kept it open while working.
The company is short on cash, but spending to rehab right now?

Nope, it all stinks.

castlecake2.0

The rooms are going to be redone along with some changes to the ceremonial house. The rooms haven’t been done in awhile and in my opinion need updating.
I feel the upstairs area could be laid out better. It’s (Was) always so crowded, maybe rearrange it a bit, and maybe switch out some food and merch venues to different areas?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I thought Disney had no money to spend on things?

Doesn't bode well for the Grand Floridian opening up anytime soon after the NBA leave. I guess they're going to have a refurbishment too.
There are conspiracy theories that are just whack...

...and there are obvious cover stories.

Where does this one fall?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

"Demand isn't there, we have to adjust the park operating model, we won't need half the staff and resorts till 2022"

..:wise in the ways of the force, you are

1598883310743.jpeg

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

That actually MIGHT go over better than this BS. At least it cuts the speculation out.
Pick a date, stick with it.. instead of this willy-nilly week by week closure, opening, delay, rethink, adjustment, etc.

Rooms being re-done could be done one building at a time with the resort open.
So that's not a good reason.

They've closed half the main lodge before, kept it open while working.
The company is short on cash, but spending to rehab right now?

Nope, it all stinks.
Why stick with a date if its an evolving situation and it doesn't make business sense to re-open?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom