Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rteetz

Governor DeSantis and execs from Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld are wrapping up a press conference right now. All three companies said that they are seeing travelers from out of state. They said the majority is those driving though. The governor endorsed increasing capacity. Disney and SeaWorld talked about their animal care and how both companies worked together on many aspects there. All three also noted that they have plans in place for CA parks but are waiting on CA government.

durangojim

If they do expand capacity, it's going to be very interesting to see how wait times increase. They were already pretty long this past weekend if I remember correctly. I also wonder even if they increase capacity, will the guests show up? What point do they bring FP+ back?

DisneyDebRob

If they do expand capacity, it's going to be very interesting to see how wait times increase. They were already pretty long this past weekend if I remember correctly. I also wonder even if they increase capacity, will the guests show up? What point do they bring FP+ back?
Can you imagine the wait times if they do increase capacity? From what I read on the boards here now, with social distancing in place, most rides are 10 minutes to 35-40? Guess that’s ok with most days not even 20% capacity? Now increase it to 30?40?50?with social distancing? Are we looking at hour and a half waits? Some correct me if I’m wrong , spit balling here.

oceanbreeze77

Can you imagine the wait times if they do increase capacity? From what I read on the boards here now, with social distancing in place, most rides are 10 minutes to 35-40? Guess that’s ok with most days not even 20% capacity? Now increase it to 30?40?50?with social distancing? Are we looking at hour and a half waits? Some correct me if I’m wrong , spit balling here.
not only that.. longer indoor queues with air-conditioning....yikes.

rowrbazzle

I think even those waits could be reasonable. But maybe not given the dearth of other options in the parks. The upshot right now is the short waits for most rides. If they're going to get longer, then I think they need to increase the offerings to provide value to the guests.

JohnD

Governor DeSantis and execs from Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld are wrapping up a press conference right now. All three companies said that they are seeing travelers from out of state. They said the majority is those driving though. The governor endorsed increasing capacity. Disney and SeaWorld talked about their animal care and how both companies worked together on many aspects there. All three also noted that they have plans in place for CA parks but are waiting on CA government.

I wouldn't count on anything from CA government anytime soon. There should be a plan in place with metrics, etc. Keeping everything on lockdown is doing more harm that good. The fact that there isn't even a plan for how to re-open the state is unconscionable.

techgeek

Most of the currently in-use socially distanced queues seem to only hold 30-45 minutes of capacity - in many case much less - before spilling out into the walkways. MMRR aside, I don't think we've really seen consistent waits exceeding 45 minutes at any point so far. If they did wind up with 90 minute lines, there's going to have to be some really creative line management going on to find places to put people.

But that seems like a moot point since they can't fill the capacity they have now 90% of the time, aside from the Studios.

oceanbreeze77

I wouldn't count on anything from CA government anytime soon. There should be a plan in place with metrics, etc. Keeping everything on lockdown is doing more harm that good. The fact that there isn't even a plan for how to re-open the state is unconscionable.
.....we have a plan on how to reopen CA.....we are currently doing that plan.....we have to move slowly....to ya know....prevent more mass infection.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Without getting too political, THIS is trash. What an embarrassment. So many more are going to lose their lives unnecessarily .
Yeah, it’s probably too political...but total BS.

Castmbr

Compliance from a passenger or guest is one thing. Compliance from an employee tasked with enforcing the policies is different. I don't expect 100% compliance from guests. But I certainly do expect that employees aren't simply disregarding safety rules they disagree with.

Sure is but it happens....

DisneyDebRob

Without getting too political, THIS is trash. What an embarrassment. So many more are going to lose their lives unnecessarily .
I’m very surprised by this.🙄

Castmbr

I really wish "whistleblowers" would do it before the poo hits the fan vs after....LOL

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It is the word of one unknown official to CNN. I would let it play out. Side note, positivity rates in the US as a whole are still trending down.
Forget the source or this particular news story. The fact is the CDC revised the requirement. That’s not in dispute. There’s no way to explain how it makes sense. The only logical explanations for why it was done is 1) reduce testing overall and 2) allow schools to remain open if/when someone tests positive in a school. Positivity rates will certainly go up when you only test people with symptoms. Not at all what we need right now. Makes no sense.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
There’s no way to explain how it makes sense.
I’m sure there is. I believe an initial statement has been released already from Brett Giroir. I think he’s supposed to do a press conference today if it hasn’t happened already. I imagine he will be asked more about it. But I am sure many will not agree the with reasoning. Maybe I won’t either. Experts have disagreed all through the process. There have been plenty of times where the WHO, the CDC or any outside expert have said something and I thought “huh.” And there have been plenty of times when experts have disagreed with one another. It’s why when people say we should listen to the scientists, my response is “which ones?”

Also, since when do states follow CDC guidelines? :)

Angelo721

not only that.. longer indoor queues with air-conditioning....yikes.

“A well-functioning air conditioning system in the restaurant that actively provided the appropriate amount of ventilation and had good filters for particulate matter would have greatly lowered the concentration of SARS-CoV-2 in the air, perhaps to the point that fewer diners would have contracted COVID-19,” Bahnfleth told Healthline."

DisneyDebRob

I’m sure there is. I believe an initial statement has been released already from Brett Giroir. I think he’s supposed to do a press conference today if it hasn’t happened already. I imagine he will be asked more about it. But I am sure many will not agree the with reasoning. Maybe I won’t either. Experts have disagreed all through the process. There have been plenty of times where the WHO, the CDC or any outside expert have said something and I thought “huh.” And there have been plenty of times when experts have disagreed with one another. It’s why when people say we should listen to the scientists, my response is “which ones?”

Also, since when do states follow CDC guidelines? :)
Ooh ooh pick me pick me to answer that question! Rarely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom