D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

Horizons1

Keep your eyes on eBay for ones you want that have sold out. You might luck out.

While most of these are horribly overpriced by scalpers there are a few that don’t seem to know what they’re doing.

I had a seller who must have bought too many posters come down to 60 dollars on one. Then I scored a group of 4 for less than I would have paid if I bought directly from Disney.

Last edited:

michmousefan

Found a fairly inexpensive frame at Amazon in that hard-to-find 18" x 27" size... works well if you don't plan on matting the print. Decent frame for $40.

TAA_framed.jpg

Captain Barbossa

What are the dimensions for these posters? Also, yes, there is someone selling these on eBay for about $30 or so, and they look nice, but they’re not the official ones from ShopDisney. I may end up going that route to save some money, and so I don’t have to get up at 3am lol.

begood524

What are the dimensions for these posters? Also, yes, there is someone selling these on eBay for about $30 or so, and they look nice, but they’re not the official ones from ShopDisney. I may end up going that route to save some money, and so I don’t have to get up at 3am lol.
They're 27 inches long and 18 inches wide - actually pretty sizeable IMO

Magic Feather

Found a fairly inexpensive frame at Amazon in that hard-to-find 18" x 27" size... works well if you don't plan on matting the print. Decent frame for $40.

View attachment 492476
While not an exact fit, the best frames I've found (for the best price) are the 50x 70 cm frames from IKEA. Most frames are under $20, and they fit almost perfectly (just a little bit of room on the sides).
I may just get them via Etsy.
Watch out for the ones on Etsy and EBay. While cheaper, I've gotten reports of the colors and quality being a bit off.

trainplane3

While not an exact fit, the best frames I've found (for the best price) are the 50x 70 cm frames from IKEA. Most frames are under $20, and they fit almost perfectly (just a little bit of room on the sides).

Watch out for the ones on Etsy and EBay. While cheaper, I've gotten reports of the colors and quality being a bit off.
Most eBay ones aren't just slightly off, they're massively off. Living seas and Imagination are the two big offenders of that. The blues are near black.

Figments Friend

Yeah, I was going to post a comment a couple of days ago about being wary of buying these or other proposed Disney Attraction 'posters' from eBay or Etsy or the like.

Many are unofficial, unauthorized copies.
Literally, copies.
As in color copies, laser inkjet print copies, photographic copies, or professional printed scanned copies of the original prints.
There are even some made from high res photographs taken of the original posters that are / were displayed publically.

This is why you often see off model / incorrect colors as 'trainplane3' mentioned above.
Whatever printing / color copier duplication system is being used differs from the medium used to print the 'real poster images' licensed by Disney.
Always a easy way to tell the repro copies from the authentic prints.

The other tip off is the size.
'Bootlegs' and color copied reproductions are almost always smaller and often fall into the range of standard paper sizes.
I always have to laugh when I am browsing on eBay and see Park Attraction posters listed as being '11 X 17 inches' in size.
That size alone makes it more then obvious the seller just jogged down to their local copy center or print shop and ran off a few copies on a machine for 65 cents each.
Or for free at the office....

Some folks won't really care if a poster is 'real' or not....and just want a big image of the design they like to hang on the wall at a affordable price.
And that's fine, but just know that it's likely the quality of the image will be blurry or off color in most cases.

If you intend to pursue un-official prints, at least try to find decent reproductions.
However I instead recommend that if you really love these images, invest in the real deal.
:)

-

Last edited:

hornett

If you are wondering why these are so expensive, why they cant just print as many as they want, or why they look so darn good, check out these videos that show the screen printing process:

Each color is its own layer and its own pass. So for 300 posters if there are 10 colors thats 3000 passes for just American Adventure.

However, if they were hand pulling these like the video above the edition sizes would be way smaller and they'd be more expensive still. So they use a machine press like this:

As you can see each layer has to dry on a rack before the next can go on. So no way are they printing these after the orders come in. I think they spend the entire month between drops printing these. Cyclops has been kinda quiet this year releasing only like 2-3 other prints. I think this is why.

Finally, in this video you can see an artist describe the different layers and how they come together. This poster was printed at the same shop as the EPCOT ones. Probably on the same exact press.

Have a good one!

trainplane3

Yeah, I was going to post a comment a couple of days ago about being wary of buying these or other proposed Disney Attraction 'posters' from eBay or Etsy or the like.

Many are unofficial, unauthorized copies.
Literally, copies.
As in color copies, laser inkjet print copies, photographic copies, or professional printed scanned copies of the original prints.
There are even some made from high res photographs taken of the original posters that are / were displayed publically.

This is why you often see off model / incorrect colors as 'trainplane3' mentioned above.
Whatever printing / color copier duplication system is being used differs from the medium used to print the 'real poster images' licensed by Disney.
Always a easy way to tell the repro copies from the authentic prints.

The other tip off is the size.
'Bootlegs' and color copied reproductions are almost always smaller and often fall into the range of standard paper sizes.
I always have to laugh when I am browsing on eBay and see Park Attraction posters listed as being '11 X 17 inches' in size.
That size alone makes it more then obvious the seller just jogged down to their local copy center or print shop and ran off a few copies on a machine for 65 cents each.
Or for free at the office....

Some folks won't really care if a poster is 'real' or not....and just want a big image of the design they like to hang on the wall at a affordable price.
And that's fine, but just know that it's likely the quality of the image will be blurry or off color in most cases.

If you intend to pursue un-official prints, at least try to find decent reproductions.
However I instead recommend that if you really love these images, invest in the real deal.
:)

-
To add, the real posters are serigraphs. Looking at the real ones you'll see the edges are not perfectly straight if multiple colors are used:
O7qXn7Z.jpg

RM19XSd.jpg

It's because how the poster is "painted" on with each color being its own layer. Anything else isn't going to give you this. And with that, you'll get very obvious "lines" on parts that overlay another layer:
Zd3saqy.jpg

(edge of Figments head)
k5VtlHa.jpg

(edge of the colored triangles touching the dark solid blue)
Another example (you'll have to open this one up and zoom):
81hH0JQ.jpg

All of them have these "artifacts". It's a quick and simple way to tell a real one from a fake if you see (or have!) one without a number. Unless you get the silver paper (which is pretty easily available), get a very high quality image, and commission a printing place, you won't get this.

This is hilariously off:
s-l1600.jpg

Edit:
If you are wondering why these are so expensive, why they cant just print as many as they want, or why they look so darn good, check out these videos that show the screen printing process:

Each color is its own layer and its own pass. So for 300 posters if there are 10 colors thats 3000 passes for just American Adventure.

However, if they were hand pulling these like the video above the edition sizes would be way smaller and they'd be more expensive still. So they use a machine press like this:

As you can see each layer has to dry on a rack before the next can go on. So no way are they printing these after the orders come in. I think they spend the entire month between drops printing these. Cyclops has been kinda quiet this year releasing only like 2-3 other prints. I think this is why.

Finally, in this video you can see an artist describe the different layers and how they come together. This poster was printed at the same shop as the EPCOT ones. Probably on the same exact press.

Have a good one!

I totally missed your post (somehow, I don't know how I managed that) and didn't mean to summarize and copy what you were saying.

Last edited:

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
I honestly don't see these selling out the same day. They will be numbered to 300, and if the previous release is any indication, these will be available for a day or 2. The Future World defunct attractions are selling out very quickly however. Illuminations will sell out first I'm sure.

I had decided to add Morocco to my, now growing, collection on Thursday, August 13th. Based on periodic checks of the site, Norway and Morocco were both available for more than a week following the Monday, August 3rd release date.

Previously, the posters seemed to sell out by noon. However, the four August offerings would appear and disappear during the two weeks following the release. I suspect that the misinformation on the site, first announcing a run of 200 posters, did not help.

Magic Feather

I had decided to add Morocco to my, now growing, collection on Thursday, August 13th. Based on periodic checks of the site, Norway and Morocco were both available for more than a week following the Monday, August 3rd release date.

Previously, the posters seemed to sell out by noon. However, the four August offerings would appear and disappear during the two weeks following the release. I suspect that the misinformation on the site, first announcing a run of 200 posters, did not help.
I’m also assuming that it’s because the posters were less “iconic” than most. I’d expect the Illuminations ones to be gone ina heartbeat this Monday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom