On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

the.dreamfinder

Like I said Disney history does nothing for me. I could care less that the reason Horizons closed was cause of a sink hole
1598110186052.png

@marni1971

This why getting the facts right and having videos made by people who understand the history is important.

Stevie Amsterdam

Our long standing insiders aren’t.

But some of the newer self-styled “insiders” are posting what they may have heard or even read on here, sprinkled with liberal amounts of opinion, and then use those posts as their “source” on their own YouTube channel.

It’s the next step up from simply using the genuine insider information as source material.
Who are they, if you don't mind me asking? We need names.

the.dreamfinder

Debatable. Personally I think he did his job well. New Fantasyland and Magic Bands just to name a few. He wasnt the best, but he wasnt terrible.
It’s not. Magic Bands, as the public facing part of NextGen, cost the company in excess of $2 billion and failed to achieve their goals of increasing efficiency whilst not building new capacity and data mining monetization. All the quality additions under his chairmanship were at the behest of others and/or already in the pipeline like Mystic Manor/Grizzly Mountain and Carsland/BVS. Pandora is generally good, but not at the price it took WDI to do it at.

Was he aggressively reckless and tasteless like Chapek, no? Was his tenure bad for the parks, yes.

Again, Disney executives aren’t your friends.

celluloid

Try walking in their shoes and see what pressures they deal with day to day. It's different from punching a time clock to start your day. If you want to make a difference, "stop talking and start doing" .- Walt Disney quote

I have, and have been compensated for it. Having an off moment is one thing and swinging your garbage pickers like puttin' on the Ritz while missing the thing the tool is intended for is inexcusable.

Last edited:

celluloid

What? You say this speaking from experience? Where exactly should said "bad leader" carry their trash picker when there is no trash to pick up?

Firmly disagree.
It should not make contact with the ground with any of the CMs weight on it. That is not carrying. Hence using it like a walking cane. Or swinging around us not really a good look outside of it being bad safety form. Yes, experience before the pickers, and after them. Outside of high reach or ride path, the real opportunities to assist came when I was able to return on stage with a Pan and Broom

Volcano Bay is going to be closing on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning next month, possibly adding some truth to the speculation that other parks will follow suit, including Disney.

brb1006

I really don’t watch his videos anymore because the framing and inaccuracies on the Disney stuff bothers me. The last one I watched was the “Failure of HKDL“ video from last year.
Shame, since the HALYX video actually contained interviews and rare footage of the show performing at Disneyland for the Summer of 1981.

Communicora

Premium Member
How come Martin's videos don't get that many views and followers compared to Defunctland? Is it because of a generation gap?
There's room for both. I think the pacing and length of the Defunctland videos makes them more appealing to the casual fan. I'm very grateful for Martin's videos and enjoy them a lot, but only a super fan would be interested in extended footage from rides they may have never experienced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom