Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

westie

Original Poster
I am just glad that one, I didn't have to cancel. All my vacation plans have been canceled this summer. And two, they gave me till the 13th to cancel with no fees. Thirdly, as I said it wouldn't be the first time a cast member has thrown shade my way. Fingers crossed that it happens!

DisneyJoe

I think you are misunderstanding (and so was the CM) another date push back for reservations being accepted at the 3 Disneyland resort hotels.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Let's not forget, though, they had reservations set for August 22, then canceled it and pushed back to August 29. Now it looks like that has been canceled as well. So who knows?

Also, it seems rather strange to me that the government would be this secretive with Disney and Knott's. From private conversations with @Disney Irish and others, I would bet they would not talk to anyone, not Disney or Knott's or anyone else, until cases can get down again and then stay down without the risk of spiking yet again.
I think you have me confused with someone else. Any private conversations I've had with you, while private, never indicated that I believe that California is being secretive with Disney and Knotts or any other theme park operator. In fact that is the opposite of what I have stated, both out in the open forum and in any private conversations. I believe Disney management knows more about the situation than is being publicly stated. And that when the time is right and they get approval they will provide new reopening dates.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
I think you are misunderstanding (and so was the CM) another date push back for reservations being accepted at the 3 Disneyland resort hotels.

The likelihood of this being just another routine pushback is very. I don’t think anyone disagrees with that possibility. But there were a few distinguishing features from this pushback vs all the others that I mentioned in the other thread. And my point in posting was simply to point these out. And pairing that with the account of OP (and then another follow up poster) puts this on my radar, personally. I’m not saying “this is the date,” I just enjoy speculating, because I get enjoyment out of hunting and finding hope ☺️

Maybe the CM misunderstood and reported incorrectly, because we all know that has happened during this time. Even the OP acknowledged this, so I don’t think it’s misunderstanding on their part. Maybe the hotels will open without the parks? Who knows! Just Disney officials and Gov Newsom. But it’s still fun to discuss these things.

mharrington

I think you have me confused with someone else. Any private conversations I've had with you, while private, never indicated that I believe that California is being secretive with Disney and Knotts or any other theme park operator. In fact that is the opposite of what I have stated, both out in the open forum and in any private conversations. I believe Disney management knows more about the situation than is being publicly stated. And that when the time is right and they get approval they will provide new reopening dates.

But there are also the unions that need to be dealt with, as well.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But there are also the unions that need to be dealt with, as well.
I'm not expert in Disneyland Unions, but unless something has changed I would expect the same union agreements from the July 17th reopening plan still apply. If not I'm sure as long as the same safety concerns are addressed as was previously outlined back in July it would easily be approved by the unions.

mharrington

I'm not expert in Disneyland Unions, but unless something has changed I would expect the same union agreements from the July 17th reopening plan still apply. If not I'm sure as long as the same safety concerns are addressed as was previously outlined back in July it would easily be approved by the unions.

Forgive my confusion, but I thought the unions had played a part in preventing the July 17th reopening.

cmwade77

Forgive my confusion, but I thought the unions had played a part in preventing the July 17th reopening.
No, they really didn't, though they would like to take credit for that disaster (more like the blame).

Interestingly enough, I just got an email from SeaWorld about what their new safety measures will be and if it follows the pattern for their other parks, we can expect an opening date to be announced within a week or two. To be clear I am not saying SeaWolrd will be open in two weeks, just that they will have announced an official opening date within two weeks time based on what we have seen with their other parks.

mharrington

No, they really didn't, though they would like to take credit for that disaster (more like the blame).

Interestingly enough, I just got an email from SeaWorld about what their new safety measures will be and if it follows the pattern for their other parks, we can expect an opening date to be announced within a week or two. To be clear I am not saying SeaWolrd will be open in two weeks, just that they will have announced an official opening date within two weeks time based on what we have seen with their other parks.

Like I said, though, their reopening is totally dependent on the government.

Figments Friend

Seems odd to me they would allow someone to book a Disneyland Resort hotel today if they are not expecting to be opening in the next month.
It would be a waste of time to book a room now online and then in a couple of weeks I'm told I have to cancel or re-book.

Or perhaps this has been the norm lately?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread....you can go onto the official Disneyland Resort website right now and book a room for Grand Californian or Paradise Pier for any late September stay after the 16th.

-

JustinSt

While it doesn’t specifically say what business would be apart of this. It’s a good possibility theme parks would be a part of this.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes

While it doesn’t specifically say what business would be apart of this. It’s a good possibility theme parks would be a part of this.

Thank you for sharing this! I always try to tune in to his noon reports, but sometimes I just need a summary, like this. This seems like movement, for sure. I’m excited (or nervous) with what he will say next week.

Emmanuel

Thank you for sharing this! I always try to tune in to his noon reports, but sometimes I just need a summary, like this. This seems like movement, for sure. I’m excited (or nervous) with what he will say next week.

I usually tune in and wait for the COVID data then exit the video and wait until the whole thing is in an article to read

George Lucas on a Bench

Seems odd to me they would allow someone to book a Disneyland Resort hotel today if they are not expecting to be opening in the next month.
It would be a waste of time to book a room now online and then in a couple of weeks I'm told I have to cancel or re-book.

Or perhaps this has been the norm lately?

Yes, this has been the norm since the resort closed! It's such a disastrous way to try to run a business. At this point, all Disney can do is keep canceling reservations while their social media promotes going to Downtown Disney. A complete disaster. We'd never have believed a year ago this would have happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom