What projects are gone?

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
Thanks to COVID-19, what are the projects that are cancelled?
What are current projects current under construction that they may just halt and never pick it back up?
What are the current projects under construction that will Go on but that are delayed?

nickys

Premium Member
This thread is pretty much covering the same subject, just from the opposite standpoint - what’s still on.But @CastAStone is keeping the list updated as construction is seen to have restarted, plus a list of what’s definitely “paused”. Might help.

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
This thread is pretty much covering the same subject, just from the opposite standpoint - what’s still on.But @CastAStone is keeping the list updated as construction is seen to have restarted, plus a list of what’s definitely “paused”. Might help.

Thanks.

sounds like they will finish most of what they have started and planned and will not do anything else.
Is Reflections the fireworks show for Epcot?

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks.

sounds like they will finish most of what they have started and planned and will not do anything else.
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is finished. Since Sept 2019 they were showing Epcot Forever, but the new show is Harmonius.

Many of the started projects are paused for now. A few are continuing but the whole of the Epcot “Spine” - the Central area behind Spaceship Earth is being reconsidered and who knows what will actually happen there now.

Tron, Ratatouille, Guardians will be finished.

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is finished. Since Sept 2019 they were showing Epcot Forever, but the new show is Harmonius.

Many of the started projects are paused for now. A few are continuing but the whole of the Epcot “Spine” - the Central area behind Spaceship Earth is being reconsidered and who knows what will actually happen there now.

Tron, Ratatouille, Guardians will be finished.
Well they can’t leave Epcot with demolition in place and nothing fixed. I expect they’ll cheapen the fixes but they can’t leave it like a construction site...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks.

I this context Reflections is the new resort that was going to be built near Fort Wilderness.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well they can’t leave Epcot with demolition in place and nothing fixed. I expect they’ll cheapen the fixes but they can’t leave it like a construction site...

If they went ahead and built the 3 Layer Festival building, it would have been a construction site for two years.

nickys

Premium Member
No but things may well remain paused for a few months while they decide what to do. The plans are being “revised” but the very expensive 3-story “Festival Centre” isn’t happening. That’s about all we, and probably they, know right now. They can leave the area blocked off to guests, just as it would have been anyway.

Giss Neric

We are already entering the "BER" months and things are still not looking good generally. I think this pandemic will extend till first quarter of next year. Let's see how the Holiday season this year if it will be not the usual chaotic crowds but crowds that are significantly higher and the demand is high that would boost the morale of the company and green light some cancelled projects.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Let's see how the Holiday season this year if it will be not the usual chaotic crowds but crowds that are significantly higher and the demand is high that would boost the morale of the company and green light some cancelled projects.
You assume park caps will be raised by then and reservations not required.

I don’t expect anything to be greenlit that’s not already past the point of no return.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I remember looking at the concept art for the multi level festival center thing and immediately thinking “yeah that’s not happening” even before COVID.

Simply because it looked way too ambitious for modern Disney... for not being a ride-based thing.

I’ll never be able to know whether or not it actually would have happened.

yensidtlaw1969

I don’t expect anything to be greenlit that’s not already past the point of no return.
Is it safe to assume that the point of no return is defined as “moved earth and/or vertical construction”?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

Do we know if Splash has actually been greenlit or is it early enough to be axed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom