Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

WDW Pro

It's not decided, but 11-7 has been discussed.

You're missing the cascading effects that will occur if A) vaccines aren't successful in the next 12 months or B) the virus mutates. In those significantly possible scenarios (God help us), Disney could be forced into either crippling debt or selling significant assets. Additionally, if the film industry is unable to resume soon, Disney+ will quickly become a significant liability.

Remember I said that was the most dire situation, not an expected outcome. In that scenario where attendance continues to crater while the disease numbers and deaths rise greatly, they could potentially move DVC to WL to alleviate some issues.

September/October

icc2515

$1000 for the lawyer for every $100 for the consumer.
That would be the best case. More likely would be $1000 for lawyer and a coupon good for 20% off a resort stay of 7 or more nights at a deluxe resort. Certain time limits and a whole boat load of restrictions apply. Not valid with any other offer. Good for the first 100 passholders to apply. Does not constitute that the defendant did anything wrong. You have to surrender your annual pass.

maxairmike

That would be the best case. More likely would be $1000 for lawyer and a coupon good for 20% off a resort stay of 7 or more nights at a deluxe resort. Certain time limits and a whole boat load of restrictions apply. Not valid with any other offer. Good for the first 100 passholders to apply. Does not constitute that the defendant did anything wrong. You have to surrender your annual pass.

Still more useful than the Ticketmaster settlement.

JohnD

Just got a pop up from my app as that affects me with a trip the third week in October. It may not be too bad. With attendance down, I may be able to get as much done with fewer wait times and maybe work in some time to DS.

Moka

I got a notification from MDE few minutes ago about hours changing. Clicked on it and my park passes aren’t showing up. Hoping it’s just a glitch, because when I try to remake the reservations it says we have them.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just got an alert on my phone from MDE about hours changing, as we would be affected by the hours change if we end up heading down there the 3rd full week of September. Depressing. :(

The cynic in me says - "What a way to draw people to WDW: Now with reduced hours, with no change in ticket prices!"

ETA: I realize park hours typically shorten during what used to be "slow times", and they never used to change the price, but this is not a typical September/October.

Last edited:

stretchsje

Where is the price reduction to compensate for the reduction of experience? @lentesta was just saying how the best plan for Epcot was to arrive after 6pm when the weather is nicer. I liked that idea, we've always taken a break in the middle of the day anyway. So much for enjoying twilight.

I'm cancelling my reservations not because of a virus but because of Disney's response to it. I can't be the only one who feels this way. This isn't something I want to reward with my business.

Shorter hours means less opportunity for distancing so this isn't a safety thing.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom