Please explain the Tiki Room

JustAFan

Wow ... this thread was started before The 40-Year-Old Virgin was released. Mariah Carey's 'We Belong Together' was the #1 song. Aaron Rodgers had just been drafted by the Packers 4 months prior. Jay Leno was the host of The Tonight Show. Michael Jackson was still alive. YouTube was 6 months old. Prince Charles and Camilla Bowles were newlyweds. Carrie Underwood was the most recent American Idol winner. Hurricane Katrina had not yet formed. A one day ticket at WDW cost $59.75.

COrunner

Cost of a Disney 1 day ticket in 2005 - $60

But to pile on post 15 year bump: I have always enjoyed the particular kitsch that tiki was and currently is so the tiki room is very much on trend and enjoyable for a break from walking or the heat.

RScottyL

I have been to WDW only 6 times, and though we waited in line once, we
have never been to the Tiki Room. Could someone give me an idea of what
the attraction entails? I am interested, and want to know if it is worth making
a conscious decision not to miss it next time.

You know you can pretty much look up everything on YouTube!

Go there and search for it and you can see the whole show!

As mentioned, just Audio Animatronic birds singing and talking!

Walt was alive and helped with the one at Disneyland, although this is a little different now!

thomas998

You know you can pretty much look up everything on YouTube!

Go there and search for it and you can see the whole show!

As mentioned, just Audio Animatronic birds singing and talking!

Walt was alive and helped with the one at Disneyland, although this is a little different now!
There is a chance the OP has already died of old age by now... this was a ancient thread revived for who knows what reason.

macefamily

I can't get my family to go back to the show. We walk past it, and I always say "Let's do the Tiki Room !" but they just keep walking.
Been to Disney many times, and we've done the show once. The same goes for the Skipper Canteen restaurant right up the way from the Tiki Room. I have wanted to eat there several times only to be vetoed by the family. They say the menu is "too exotic."

robhedin

I can't get my family to go back to the show. We walk past it, and I always say "Let's do the Tiki Room !" but they just keep walking.
Been to Disney many times, and we've done the show once. The same goes for the Skipper Canteen restaurant right up the way from the Tiki Room. I have wanted to eat there several times only to be vetoed by the family. They say the menu is "too exotic."
This is sad... Skipper Canteen is probably my favorite restaurant at MK. The food isn't that "exotic" although it does tend to be "flavorful" -- which I find to be welcome difference to most of the bland food there. I absolutely LOVE the "Jungle Green Salad"...

Hcalvert

My husband suggested the Tiki Room this last visit in July. We went. It was interesting and I would do it again if it was really hot and I needed a break from the heat. As for Jungle Canteen, we go every trip since they opened. I have had every variation of the Dr. Falls Signature Steak that they've had, but still miss the yucca fries. My husband likes the sustainable fish dish, which is swordfish (at least for the last few years). Kids can get a steak entree. We've never had a bad meal there.

JohnD

I replied to the OP. Then realized I went back in time to 2005. What am I doing? I deleted the post.

MickeyLuv'r

This is sad... Skipper Canteen is probably my favorite restaurant at MK. The food isn't that "exotic" although it does tend to be "flavorful" -- which I find to be welcome difference to most of the bland food there. I absolutely LOVE the "Jungle Green Salad"...

Now I generally enjoy a wide variety of foods, and I'm very supportive of WDW offering wide variety, but this just happens to be one of those rare menus where just about every dish happens to have something in it that I or the rest of my family doesn't happen to like. We're just not that into coconut, for example. I like all names though.

One of the other ones is Jiko, though we LOVE all the dining options at AKL. Or at least we used to enjoy them in the before times.

Oh- on topic- the Tiki Room was VERY well represented this past January at the Art Festival! They also had all kinds of Tiki Room Merchandise. There's a whole line of Tiki Room clothing that started with a Cherry Tree Lane dress/outfit.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I have been to WDW only 6 times, and though we waited in line once, we
have never been to the Tiki Room. Could someone give me an idea of what
the attraction entails? I am interested, and want to know if it is worth making
a conscious decision not to miss it next time.
If your grandkids are reading this, go see it. The Tiki Room represents all that is good and true and beautiful in this world.

Life hack: Never trust somebody who doesn't like the Tiki Room. :)

J_Carioca

If your grandkids are reading this, go see it. The Tiki Room represents all that is good and true and beautiful in this world.

Life hack: Never trust somebody who doesn't like the Tiki Room. :)
I love this.
Several years ago we had just gotten home from a great trip and I was in post-disney depression. The morning after we got home I got up and put on the Tiki Room song. I was crying within the first four bars.

I'll generally quote that song any chance I get. Say someone uses the word "kamikaze" I'll come out with "because of their claws? No, because they're macaws!" This is always met by blank stares except for my husband, who knows.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's a room. There's audioanimatronic tikis in it. All the birds sing, and the flowers croon. It's a tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki-tiki room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom