So... a Splash Mountain log sank..

Goofyernmost

Jose has a spill in Three Caballeros ✔
Peoplemover is still closed✔
Let's give Carousel a Progress a 'hand' because it too is closed✔
Some of those are closed because of the 6 ft separation issue. But, sure lets just blame everything on bad maintenance instead of the realities of life. Another consideration is that any mechanical things (and humans for that matter) have to keep moving to prevent the joints from becoming stiff and sometimes just not functioning properly. It seems that I recall a bit of a long shutdown just recently. Can't remember why!

Goofyernmost

I love how the Cast Member is upset that they got out because it's a safety risk. Because sitting in the trough is so safe...
I've heard rumors that CM's occasionally have a sense of humor. Since none of us were there to actually witness what transpired between the people and the CM, perhaps we should search deep for our own sense of humor and see the other possibilities. What an awful society we have become. Humorless sheep!

InnKpr

I love how the Cast Member is upset that they got out because it's a safety risk. Because sitting in the trough is so safe...
"Please Remain Seated At All Times" means just that.

I follow the rules.
Screenshot_20200803-122559.png

lazyboy97o

I've heard rumors that CM's occasionally have a sense of humor. Since none of us were there to actually witness what transpired between the people and the CM, perhaps we should search deep for our own sense of humor and see the other possibilities. What an awful society we have become. Humorless sheep!
Even for you this is a ridiculous excuse. An unsafe situation is not a time for joking.

Goofyernmost

Even for you this is a ridiculous excuse. An unsafe situation is not a time for joking.
Even for you that is one of the most ridiculous responses I ever read. Good god unless we have all passed into another dimension there would be no reason at all to stay in it unless there was no place to get off. Either one of the choices was a safety hazard but in this case the PEOPLE decide the best avenue to take. And Disney it's highly intelligent management could pound it. Oh, and btw re-leaving tension with a joke is EXACTLY the time for joking. The true joke would have been if some idiot did stay in the log like a brain dead cartoon charactor. You must be fun at parties!

lazyboy97o

Even for you that is one of the most ridiculous responses I ever read. Good god unless we have all passed into another dimension there would be no reason at all to stay in it unless there was no place to get off. Either one of the choices was a safety hazard but in this case the PEOPLE decide the best avenue to take. And Disney it's highly intelligent management could pound it. Oh, and btw re-leaving tension with a joke is EXACTLY the time for joking. The true joke would have been if some idiot did stay in the log like a brain dead cartoon charactor. You must be fun at parties!
Failure in a giant piece of machinery that can seriously injure or even kill people is not “tension”.

Tom Morrow

Before we jump down the “bad maintenance” hole, is it possible that what happened was the log ahead of this one, and this one that sunk, had a heavy load in the front, and since there’s only a few riders per log, neither was properly balanced? This could cause the 2nd one to lodge itself under the one ahead of it. Then, when the log behind it hits, it gets forced further downward?

As in now they may have to focus more on balancing the logs due to not fully loading them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom