On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

DVCakaCarlF

Which I sort of agree with - there was no reason for the market to keep going up the way it did - so, as I mentioned in the above post, I always assumed that it was going to have a huge correction - and planned accordingly.
Even if things were, and, in the same note, are, structurally “sound,” the length of time for an economic correction was long overdue.

A typical recession happens every 60 months. Covid was just the domino that started everything. There were enough bankruptcies, retail declines, and “euphoria” in the market to clearly show we were at the tipping point.

Lilofan

Even if things were, and, in the same note, are, structurally “sound,” the length of time for an economic correction was long overdue.

A typical recession happens every 60 months. Covid was just the domino that started everything. There were enough bankruptcies, retail declines, and “euphoria” in the market to clearly show we were at the tipping point.
I don't agree. Many were jumping for joy when the stock market reached record levels around Valentines Day then with covid and country closing - crashed to bottom in late March. The market rebounded very nicely through present time.

DVCakaCarlF

I don't agree. Many were jumping for joy when the stock market reached record levels around Valentines Day then with covid and country closing - crashed to bottom in late March. The market rebounded very nicely through present time.
I’m not disagreeing with the results of the stock market, I’m saying we were overdue for a correction of some sort...Covid just amplified the hell out of it.

HauntedMansionFLA

er5eyro.gif

"I'll be back on Christmas Day!"
Happy Birthday!!

MerlinTheGoat

I worry about this too. DLP has continued refurbishing work and its wonderful to see how good the parks look now (even on twitter).

I don't want that to stop.
Yeah. I expect OLC will continue to operate Tokyo Disneyland with the save love they have since it opened (essentially almost everything looking like it opened yesterday and the streets looking clean enough to eat off). But as you said, Paris only recently got back on its feet after many years of being trashed. It would be tragic if it fell back into decay again.

WDW has been in a gradually declining state since the mid 90s or even before. The peak of its poor quality I would say was probably 2010-2012. There were some small attempts to clean certain attractions up after this (Splash Mtn in particular reopening with a wonderful rehab that made the ride look brand new again). But WDW never received a truly sweeping property wide cleanup to the extent that Cali and Paris received. So seeing how poorly WDW is managed even in seemingly "healthy" financial times, i'm very concerned with what a devastating (and possibly lengthy) financial collapse and corporate upheaval will do to it...

DVCakaCarlF

Yeah. I expect OLC will continue to operate Tokyo Disneyland with the save love they have since it opened (essentially almost everything looking like it opened yesterday and the streets looking clean enough to eat off). But as you said, Paris only recently got back on its feet after many years of being trashed. It would be tragic if it fell back into decay again.

WDW has been in a gradually declining state since the mid 90s or even before. The peak of its poor quality I would say was probably 2010-2012. There were some small attempts to clean certain attractions up after this (Splash Mtn in particular reopening with a wonderful rehab that made the ride look brand new again). But WDW never received a truly sweeping property wide cleanup to the extent that Cali and Paris received. So seeing how poorly WDW is managed even in seemingly "healthy" financial times, i'm very concerned with what a devastating (and possibly lengthy) financial collapse and corporate upheaval will do to it...
I must be the only one annoyed about this...but I can’t stand that the twinkle/small light bulbs at GF, BW, BC, YC don’t all work...I loved how they carried a “glow” through the night.

I’ve pushed my daughter in a stroller to sleep late at night on the Boardwalk looking at them as I made a loop around Crescent Lake.

ToTBellHop

I must be the only one annoyed about this...but I can’t stand that the twinkle/small light bulbs at GF, BW, BC, YC don’t all work...I loved how they carried a “glow” through the night.

I’ve pushed my daughter in a stroller to sleep late at night on the Boardwalk looking at them as I made a loop around Crescent Lake.
The popcorn light sitch at the resorts and MK is appalling. Flagship park and resort at the flagship property, my Alien Swirling Saucers!

socalifornian

It is absolutely false that companies are at full production in the US.
Most of the reports seem to be coming out of Georgia. We’re still largely shut down out here in CA where the virus was probably a lot worse, I never kept up with that state, and our government is definitely more strict. We were originally supposed to be back on June 12

SoFloMagic

Their customer service is horrible. I asked them several times what my new expiration date was, via email and twitter DM's and they never answered. When I tried to call, I couldn't even get into a waiting queue. I assumed it was sometime in August, but the lack of care coupled with reviews I've seen and read about mask issues was enough for me to just disregard going back and letting the pass expire.
Try bugging them on facebook. I was able to get them to cancel my pass and stop billing me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom