Back to the Future vs The Simpsons ride

Which is the best ride?

• Back to the future the ride

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • The Simpsons ride

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

lebeau

I may be wrong, but I believe the only restriction on Marvel is that Universal has to keep any new ride on Marvel Island. They could start an Avengers ride tomorrow if they wanted to.

That and Marvel has to approve the concept. But Marvel is not allowed to say "no" for just any reason. The only reason Marvel can reject a proposal is if it portrays characters in a way that is inconsistent with the source material. So, Universal couldn't just make Captain America a Hydra sleeper agent and have him take over the world. What's that? Major year-long storyline, you say? Well, I guess Universal can do pretty much whatever they like then.

Any disputes are settled in arbitration which would be completely invisible to us. For all we know, this has happened already. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been to arbitration over Disney testing the waters with meet and greets and monorail wraps, etc. But it's hard to imagine Universal being denied a new Marvel-based ride if they wanted to build one.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Universal can absolutely add more Marvel rides if it wants to. It hasn't because there are more pressing needs. MSI is one of the most fully realized lands in either park. All it needs is contractually-obligated upkeep. Meanwhile, the resort is expanding with new hotels and parks and other lands are in greater need of additions.

Plus, they may need to retheme Springfield sooner or later.
Oh ok thanks for the info guys. I have no idea, I thought Universal could not build more Marvel attractions. It will be very interesting to see whats the future for Marvel and the Simpsons in Universal Studios.

lebeau

Ugh that was such a terrible comic. Nick Spencer is just awful.

I liked what I read of Spencer's Spider-Man. I didn't hate a lot of his Cap run. Secret Empire just went on too long for what it was. If it was a six-issue storyline in Cap's solo book, no one would have minded. Having it dominate the line for over a year was a major miscalculation. Especially since it picked up where the equally bad Civil War II left off.

I had the advantage of binge-reading on Marvel Unlimited. Secret Empire is a lot less odious when you can read it all over a weekend.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I liked what I read of Spencer's Spider-Man. I didn't hate a lot of his Cap run. Secret Empire just went on too long for what it was. If it was a six-issue storyline in Cap's solo book, no one would have minded. Having it dominate the line for over a year was a major miscalculation. Especially since it picked up where the equally bad Civil War II left off.

I had the advantage of binge-reading on Marvel Unlimited. Secret Empire is a lot less odious when you can read it all over a weekend.
I agree I really like his Spider-man run. Having Cap be a Nazi was just stupid. If it was a what if or a elsesworld's comic that would've been fine. Also yeah Civil War 2 was just crap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom