The Red Button Option

Just4Pics

Stuff yourself in a container in the middle of a hot summer day and see how long you last in the heat, same thing. I am keeping stuff in storage without climate control and I am freaking paying the price the elements have accelerate disintegrating x50% no freaking joke. Makes me want to toss all them out the window now.

Iger didn’t put the park in China it was Eisner. Everyone wants to “bring” the disney experience closer to you! Haha

I was curious as to what makes SSE unique. He didn't say all rides had to be temperature controlled 24/7, just SSE. What about the others?

UNCgolf

I was curious as to what makes SSE unique. He didn't say all rides had to be temperature controlled 24/7, just SSE. What about the others?

My guess is they're all temperature controlled 24/7 because of the potential mold problems (among other things), and he specifically mentioned SSE because it's much larger than most rides and thus costs significantly more -- just like the monthly energy costs to heat/cool a 1,000 square foot home are much smaller than the costs to do so for a 10,000 square foot home.

Nubs70

My guess is they're all temperature controlled 24/7 because of the potential mold problems (among other things), and he specifically mentioned SSE because it's much larger than most rides and thus costs significantly more -- just like the monthly energy costs to heat/cool a 1,000 square foot home are much smaller than the costs to do so for a 10,000 square foot home.
Just for information. A standard 10,000 sqft home is a volume of 80,000 cft. SSE is 2,350,000 cft.

jt04

They installed those solar panels just in time.

peter11435

AC in many buildings and attractions across WDW is turned off overnight

dreamfinder

OK, but Gary Snyder, aka @dreamfinder, says in his addendum to his article that Iger tried to sell them specifically because of the possibility of a pandemic.

Can you please remove/update this post? While I'm flattered that you think I'm someone who is even the smallest bit of anyone, I can assure you I'm not. Thanks.

Piebald

It’s also questionable if it really is a cost savings if you have put more stress on these systems by cranking them back up during the day.
Maybe I hadn't been to the parks in a while or the lack of crowds made it more noticeable but the other day everytime I went into a shop or attraction it was FREEZING. No complaints but I feel like for a while in the past I thought Disney could have cranked up the AC a bit more.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
Maybe I hadn't been to the parks in a while or the lack of crowds made it more noticeable but the other day everytime I went into a shop or attraction it was FREEZING. No complaints but I feel like for a while in the past I thought Disney could have cranked up the AC a bit more.

There are studies that indicate that having the air turn over more frequently may help with reducing transmission of the virus. I have know way of knowing if that’s a factor or not. I’d guess that the added cost is cheaper than having one or more cases or clusters traced to the parks though.

Ldno

It’s friday and US and China relations deteriorating rapidly + Coronavirus in US not under control plus lots of talk about overheated marked = I am pessimistic about the coming weeks and just sold some individual stocks that have done very well in the last month. Might as well get the last months gains. Have kept my fund stocks. Japan just declared recession Along with Australia..... uh. Next week will be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom