News Disney's Hollywood Studios July 2020 reopening reports

jinx8402

It will be interesting to see when Mr. Penguin posts the graph with all the ride times on it later on today those numbers are going to be high

Yeah, watching ResortTV1 and following wait times, and it seems much more crowded than any other park, which we all assumed. It is also the only park that has "sold" out of passes, so this is also a factor. However, I think Disney needs to re-evaluate the capacity at DHS things seem concentrated in the popular areas.

They should reduce capacity, and if any current dates are above that capacity, leave them as is. However, if people cancel, those wouldn't become available unless under the new threshold.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are way too high for a park of that size. I get that HS is effectively "sold out" today but still - the crowding looks terrible.

Unless the calendar is wrong, resort guests still have availability for DHS today.

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 11.20.15 AM.png

BlackCauldron

Are they more profitable then we thought? At times it looks like a regular day at least at HWS.

EDIT: Capacity seems out of control.

Hope this is just opening day demand. Even EP is seeing some high times today, while MK and AK are seemingly quiet. Perhaps this will stabilize over the next week or two. If not, they need to take a good, long look at the HS situation.

Surferboy567

Hope this is just opening day demand. Even EP is seeing some high times today, while MK and AK are seemingly quiet. Perhaps this will stabilize over the next week or two. If not, they need to take a good, long look at the HS situation.

I feel like EPCOT & HWS will both be problem childs.

Reason why people will always flock to EPCOT for the festivals.

In my opinion, the best park is HWS right now so makes sense why it’s so crowded.

...what happens when they open Rat for EPCOT? Can they handle that?

Bob Harlem

Doubtful Rise is still really new and runaway railway only was officially open for about 10 days before everything shut. If anyone wants to risk going, it'll probably be for this park.

Surferboy567

Doubtful Rise is still really new and runaway railway only was officially open for about 10 days before everything shut. If anyone wants to risk going, it'll probably be for this park.

I wouldn’t go but if I was going to go...HWS would be the park I would prioritize. Despite already experiencing rise. It was that great, plus I would want to see Runaway Railway. I also really enjoy that park has some of the best attractions in all of WDW.

milordsloth

First time ever for me in Hollywood Studios today, and my friend and I got boarding group 1 for Rise right at 10am!! We went to the line at about 10:30 and had a short wait. Fantastic experience! All Preshows running as far as I can tell. Lots of distancing.

Last edited:

Mainahman

DHS will be the highest demand, its got the shiny new toys. Its going to be the one to constantly be at capacity and or look worse than it is, due to the parks design etc. Im starting to wonder if 2 days there would of been a better option for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom