Hi, long time no talk. New 50th parade cancelled.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Same source that gave you this tidbit as well or a different one?

No, not the same source. It's a contract getting pushed back by at least a year that is this source.

But, I live close enough to MK to see the fireworks daily when they are going off. My house is in a community that is very much full of Disney employees. I heard that Tom Sawyer's Island was on the cutting block months ago. If it is not, I am sorry I posted that. But I still think it is. This forum is for rumors, feel free to ignore me...

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
The floats we have compared to what they have in Tokyo is an outright embarrassment. To the point where we wont show our children the Tokyo parade on youtube.

Yeah the Japanese in general put a high emphasis on Quality and showmanship whereas the American counterparts are now focused on budget-cuts, price increases, and IP advertisement. Must've gotten to the point where they've become so popular, they think they can get away with this malarkey.

ABQ

No, not the same source. It's a contract getting pushed back by at least a year that is this source.

But, I live close enough to MK to see the fireworks daily when they are going off. My house is in a community that is very much full of Disney employees. I heard that Tom Sawyer's Island was on the cutting block months ago. If it is not, I am sorry I posted that. But I still think it is. This forum is for rumors, feel free to ignore me...
Not that it changes anything in terms of the 50th birthday, but in your opening post you state "New floats are cancelled" and this this follow up you say a contract is being pushed back at least a year. So is the contract cancelled or is the contract delayed?

DisneyOutsider

It appears that TSI is reopening along with the park. According to Disney.

Not trying to antagonize you, I just think it's only fair that people who make bold/definitive statements about future operations revisit those statements when they don't pan out.

Not only is it NOT shuttering for good... but it appears to be reopening effective immediately.

M:SpilotISTC12

I mean with Splash changing, losing Tom Sawyer island would not be surprising. So I don't think its out of the realm of possibility.

However onto the subject at hand, that is not surprising. Anything that was going to be announced for the 50th is surely dead. Whatever is announced is all we are getting, folks.

JoeCamel

Yeah the Japanese in general put a high emphasis on Quality and showmanship whereas the American counterparts are now focused on budget-cuts, price increases, and IP advertisement. Must've gotten to the point where they've become so popular, they think they can get away with this malarkey.
I don't know what is wrong with y'all, that castle float is ahmmmaaazing!

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Not that it changes anything in terms of the 50th birthday, but in your opening post you state "New floats are cancelled" and this this follow up you say a contract is being pushed back at least a year. So is the contract cancelled or is the contract delayed?

Delayed as far as I know. Does not mean cancelled I guess, but the new timeline does not put them in there for the 50th...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom