News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

NolanVboom

48CAD37D-A15F-4CD1-8267-93A13A19E356.png
A little concept I made on how the reimagine in WDW could happen with a Bayou surrounding land taking over.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I know there's a lot of controversy around it, and I know people on both sides of the issue, but I think we really need to ask the question.. Is this still gonna be sponsored by Ziploc?

Given that Tiana's friend, Charlotte La Bouff is the daughter of a sugar baron and because beignets will likely be served, a logical sponsor might be a sugar company or even Louisiana's The American Sugar Cane League; I'm sure they have the funds to back a PatF overlay.

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Oh, never said anything about Jim Cummings...he is great I met him at Comic Con. Very cool guy.

I was just pointing out Ray’s current...condition after the movie. If he is in the ride...Jim has to do the voice (I hope he does). Goin down the bayou is perfect and it basically requires Ray.

Yes er well, whatabout The Evil Queen in Snow White.(currently knocking on the door in 7 dwarves....Ursula in Little Mermaid......sure I can think of a few more around the kingdom that met their demise but live on in an attraction in the MK! Not to mention Darth Vader at DHS......shall I continue? Ray can be the storyteller....like Brer Frog.....you simply cannot omit Ray and make it work....cuteness counts!!!!:happy:

Surferboy567

Yes er well, whatabout The Evil Queen in Snow White.(currently knocking on the door in 7 dwarves....Ursula in Little Mermaid......sure I can think of a few more around the kingdom that met their demise but live on in an attraction in the MK! Not to mention Darth Vader at DHS......shall I continue? Ray can be the storyteller....like Brer Frog.....you simply cannot omit Ray and make it work....cuteness counts!!!!:happy:

You are definitely correct. I have actually made a whole concept for this attraction, it’s impossible that they don’t use “Friends on the Other Side” so I’m sure they will use both characters who are dead. Ray is a great character and like I said...that song is perfect so surely they will have Ray?

Sharon&Susan

Both those rides take place during the events of the movie (a.k.a before they die), they explicitly said in the original blog post that this takes place after the movie.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Both those rides take place during the events of the movie (a.k.a before they die), they explicitly said in the original blog post that this takes place after the movie.
Good point but nonetheless....Imagineering can create a new ghost host extra bright shiny Ray to lead the way.....anything can happen if you use your imagination.....and sell DVD's that omit the dearly departed scene..... the merchandise will help pay for the refurb.....little firefly headbands with light up parade tune flashing bugs..... ;)

jt04

Wait, the expansion area is to the west. Perfect. Hoping for a river rapids ride someday. Better than Kali or IoA.

Extra room for PatF mini-land and New Orleans Square potentially.

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

Honestly, what I need right now is reassurance that most, if not all of the America Sings AAs will be saved. They’ve always been the most important thing to me out of anything in the attraction, and they’re such historical figures. If any insider sees this post, feel free to comment on whether they’ll be kept, or removed. Although I’d assume information about the attraction is extremely scarce as of right now, so if you can’t answer whether they’ll be saved or not, I understand.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Honestly, what I need right now is reassurance that most, if not all of the America Sings AAs will be saved. They’ve always been the most important thing to me out of anything in the attraction, and they’re such historical figures. If any insider sees this post, feel free to comment on whether they’ll be kept, or removed. Although I’d assume information about the attraction is extremely scarce as of right now, so if you can’t answer whether they’ll be saved or not, I understand.

I'm with you. But I just don't see that happening. The visual styles, proportions, all of the AAs are different to what the PatF characters look like. And re-skins and new AA rigs would be costly. Most of us are assuming it'll be a budget-conscious reimagining. (well the pitchfork naysayers anyway) To that specifically though, we should expect less AAs. But seeing as how we really don't know anything at this point, Who knows? Maybe they can find a way to make it all work. I'd like some reassurance too!

Last edited:

Fox&Hound

For everyone concerned with the notice that the new Splash will take place after the PatF movie, consider Frozen Ever After which is supposed to take place after the movie too. Olaf sings an equivalent to “Do you want to build a Snowman” and Elsa sings “Let it Go” for no logical reason other than it would be expected on a Frozen ride. I call shenanigans on Disney Imagineering omitting arguably two of the best characters in the ride, Ray and Dr Facilier, simply because they are choosing to place the ride after the movie. Maybe it will be a flashback or some other creative method but I have no doubt they will make an appearance.

1. They will sell merchandise
2. They were integral to the movie
3. The movie is light on characters as it is (as opposed to Toy Story, for example, which has more recognizable parts). Who are they going to use, the Fenner Brothers? I hope John Goodman’s Big Daddy LeBouf and Charlotte are in here but due to how this ride is getting added into MK in the first place, probably not.
4. The drop screams “Friends on the Other Side” and if Disney does not capitalize on that they are idiots.
5. Splash is a looooooong ride. They will need all the help they will get filling the ride.

My heart is still broken they are replacing Splash. This one really, really hurt.

Homemade Imagineering

I'm with you. But I just don't see that happening. The visual styles, proportions, all of the AAs are different to what the PatF characters look like. And re-skins, and new AA rigs would be costly. Most of us are assuming it'll be a budget-conscious reimagining. (well the pitchfork naysayers anyway) To that specifically though, we should expect less AAs. But seeing as how we really don't know anything at this point, Who knows? Maybe they can find a way to make it all work. I'd like some reassurance too!
I’d assume the geese would be the biggest victim to removal, while every gator will probably survive since they all mostly fit the theme of PatF. Heck, the gators could all become characters in the story of the attraction, where they’re all friends of Louis.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I’d assume the geese would be the biggest victim to removal, while every gator will probably survive since they all mostly fit the theme of PatF. Heck, the gators could all become characters in the story of the attraction, where they’re all friends of Louis.

That's a small sample and still "maybes" at that. I'm just none-too-optimistic about this one right now. sigh

Stupido

View attachment 480869A little concept I made on how the reimagine in WDW could happen with a Bayou surrounding land taking over.

Now this is a very touchy subject for me.

Back in 2010, I was a CP and worked at Pecos Bill's. Frontierland has always been my home away from home, and I never thought it would ever change this drastically. However, I really think this mock up is a really wonderful solution for the potential theming issues in Magic Kingdom. I don't know if Disney would be willing to go as far as retheming the whole area like that, but I think that would really sell the introduction of Princess and the Frog. If they're going to force inject an IP into a ride as iconic as Splash Mountain, they should be willing to go the distance and commit to representing the IP. It is CRAZY to me that Tiana doesn't have a restaurant in any park yet. It's literally the most logical decision when it comes to theIP, and retheming a restaurant really wouldn't cost all that much in the great scheme of things. Sure, losing Pecos would really be hard on my heart, but if it meant Tiana finally got her Place, it would be worth it. Granted, Princess and the Frog came out one month before my first shift at Disney World, so I'm heavily biased.

The only thing they'd have to really consider is the costuming. As it stands, Pecos Bill's costumes are very uniquely designed because they're one of the only costumes in all of Walt Disney World that are designed to fit into two lands. The Cast Members who work at Pecos are the same that work at Tortuga Tavern as well, so the costume is uniquely designed so it would blend into both Frontierland and Adventureland. We were some of the few Cast Members who were allowed to walk back and forth. An easy fix would be just re-costuming the Tiana side, and having a set cast for Tortuga.

All in all, I really hope this is on Disney's radar in some capacity. It doesn't all have to happen at once, but I think it would be really special if this came together one day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom