Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

eliza61nyc

Why would they mean more? I have to wear that death trap 40 hours a week, not by choice. So it irritates me the more people I see comply like trained seals with this thing. If we all just stopped being so paranoid no company would force you to wear masks if the public wasn't into it. My question is what is your exit strategy? If you are waiting for a vaccine that is not acceptable. HIV never got one, so you might be waiting forever. Do you want to wear a mask for the rest of your life in a crowded environment? You didn't start thinking this way until

No HIV does not have a vaccine but that doesn't mean you go buck wild doing the hanky panky. It has been shown that a little piece of latex is enough to keep it from spreading. so as a single dating women, if it ain't "zipped up in plastic" we're watching tv. lol so yeah for the rest of one's life if you have HIV you wear a condom.
No the common cold does not have a cure but again that does not mean I willy nilly hang around people that are sneezing and coughing. I purel always have. I stay healthy and try to avoid catching a cold.

there is a lot of ground between being informed and being paranoid.

I'm not being paranoid, at least I don't see it that way. I see it as a choice, just like not smoking is a choice. I look at the data that we have today, I understand that this is a novel virus so every thing can and will change and I make decision based on that.

Phonedave

No HIV does not have a vaccine but that doesn't mean you go buck wild doing the hanky panky. It has been shown that a little piece of latex is enough to keep it from spreading. so as a single dating women, if it ain't "zipped up in plastic" we're watching tv. lol so yeah for the rest of one's life if you have HIV you wear a condom.
No the common cold does not have a cure but again that does not mean I willy nilly hang around people that are sneezing and coughing. I purel always have. I stay healthy and try to avoid catching a cold.

there is a lot of ground between being informed and being paranoid.

I'm not being paranoid, at least I don't see it that way. I see it as a choice, just like not smoking is a choice. I look at the data that we have today, I understand that this is a novel virus so every thing can and will change and I make decision based on that.

Or to add to your post - maybe everybody does not get it at once and the health care system is better able to handle those that need it. Maybe some people don't die because healthcare workers are working 90+ hours week and dead on their feet.

or

Maybe a treatment protocol is developed or the impact of the virus on the body is better understood so if you catch it later you have a better chance of surviving and a shorter recover with no permanent impact

or

Maybe a vaccine is developed.

If I, by simply wearing a mask, social distancing, and washing my hands, can delay getting this virus until a better treatment is developed, I think I will do so.

Shouldigo12

For anyone arguing that you can't see a smile under a mask and that just ruins the whole gosh darn experience: I'm guessing no one has ever had a genuine smile in your presence, because that isn't true. When someone gives a real, not forced smile, the eyes crinkle up. And unless they've come out with some new fangled mask that covers the eyes, you should be able to look at their eyes to see how happy they are. If the eyes aren't showing a smile, that's probably to do more with the current company than any masks.

Lilofan

In some locations at WDW there are open kitchens where guests can see cooks working in front of the hot grill stations. I'm sure it's not easy for the kitchen staff to be cooking and wearing the masks and trying to breathe through the smoke.

lazyboy97o

In some locations at WDW there are open kitchens where guests can see cooks working in front of the hot grill stations. I'm sure it's not easy for the kitchen staff to be cooking and wearing the masks and trying to breathe through the smoke.
The kitchens shouldn’t be full of smoke and a mask would help with particulates in the air.

Animaniac93-98

For anyone arguing that you can't see a smile under a mask and that just ruins the whole gosh darn experience: I'm guessing no one has ever had a genuine smile in your presence, because that isn't true. When someone gives a real, not forced smile, the eyes crinkle up. And unless they've come out with some new fangled mask that covers the eyes, you should be able to look at their eyes to see how happy they are. If the eyes aren't showing a smile, that's probably to do more with the current company than any masks.

A good example of this would be the videos showing Universal Japan and Tokyo Disney after they opened. You can hear the tone of their voice, see them waving enthusiastically etc. There's more to a smile and positive attitude than visible teeth.

NelleBelle

I wore a mask for a large chunk of my workday. Whenever I was wearing a mask, I always knew when they were smiling. Peoples eyes are very telling of their facial expressions underneath that mask, and not just for smiling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom