Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

To those of you that think we don’t test enough have you gone and got testedI with no symptoms If you get exposed do you get tested 2 days after you get exposed, 5 days 10 days, 14 days or every day. No healcare workers don’t routinely get tested.
It’s not a comfortable test to get for those of you that haven’t experienced it. It’s not something I want to do all the that’s for sure.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People with symptoms. People without who have been in contact with someone who had symptoms. People without symptoms who are scared. People who are just curious.

If this was a desease without asymptomatic spreaders we might expect higher positive rates. But for COVID lower is better. The best would be if we could test everyone every day. We could isolate the positives for a few weeks and the virus would burn out.
☝🏻☝🏻

This.

But we in the US immediately adopted “that’s not realistic/impinges my personal freedoms”

Why? Cause it’s expensive...it requires effort. But it’s not that we couldn’t...it’s because it involves spending money on something “not fun”...as opposed to the useless stuff we like spending it on, hoarding and backroom dealing that we’ve convinced ourselves was written on tablets James Madison walked down off the mountain with that decreed it.

I know I live in a selfish society...i didn’t need this kind of proof.

kong1802

To those of you that think we don’t test enough have you gone and got testedI with no symptoms If you get exposed do you get tested 2 days after you get exposed, 5 days 10 days, 14 days or every day. No healcare workers don’t routinely get tested.
It’s not a comfortable test to get for those of you that haven’t experienced it. It’s not something I want to do all the that’s for sure.

I think if people didn't have to wait for hours to get tested, more people would.

But perhaps they wouldn't?

It's just a guess on my part.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I don’t recall when “comfort” was the issue. What about this has been “comfortable”?

The testing is a failure because it’s not being determined by health concerns...it’s all been political and economic on a million tangent planes.

DKampy

No actually but lots of people (not necessarily you) have suggested Florida is under reporting. I think it’s possible that the media is muting public data (as in quieting it) to dunk on southern states because of how ratcheted up the NY versus FL feud was getting. This is proven via their deliberate omission of California from a lot of media outlets despite them being on a bad trend too. I think we will all encounter spikes from opening. Most states are in some stage of opening. It was quicker for Florida because they were first to open but I will start questioning the data for sure if NY doesn’t have a similar situation. None of it means anyone “did it better“ than the other. It’s just proof that what Fauci said was right. We were never going to get rid of the virus. We were going to take care of those at highest risk and protect hospital capacity. It was all experimental and we were never overrun anywhere. Shutdowns are not a long term strategy. They were never supposed to be. ✌🌸
This is some conspiracy theory...California was omitted because they could truly have rising cases cause of increased testing...unlike the other states their percent positive did not sky rocket like the other states...at least I noticed that was the case a few days ago...

Heppenheimer

I'm a healthcare worker, and I've been routinely tested twice. Kind of like the military where they randomly give you a pee test based on your SSN. I've been twice lucky enough to experience what I usually inflict on others.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is some conspiracy theory...California was omitted because they could truly have rising cases cause of increased testing...unlike the other states their percent positive did not sky rocket like the other states...at least I noticed that was the case a few days ago...

It’s a “theory” alright...

Like most of these “why can’t the magic kingdom be open?!?😡” ones....completely 🦇💩

mickeymiss

Are the tests still that bad? I have a hard time picturing anyone waiting in drive thru testing lines for something that is uncomfortable. How can they administer a test like that from inside a car? I thought they created a less invasive version.

oceanbreeze77

Are the tests still that bad? I have a hard time picturing anyone waiting in drive thru testing lines for something that is uncomfortable. How can they administer a test like that from inside a car? I thought they created a less invasive version.
they did. The new test you administer yourself. Its much easier but it still takes time because there is a process.

Miss Bella

I don’t recall when “comfort” was the issue. What about this has been “comfortable”?

The testing is a failure because it’s not being determined by health concerns...it’s all been political and economic on a million tangent planes.
You didn’t exactly answer the question Have you been tested? When should people get tested?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You didn’t exactly answer the question Have you been tested? When should people get tested?
I have not...but would love to do them and the antibody tests when, where and if they are available.

Even in a “hot spot” and now “recovered” state, they still are requiring doctors permission and somewhat rationing them unless you are symptomatic.

As an aside...that video OB77 just posted makes it look like not a big deal any longer...very simple/non-invasive nasal swab. No issues with that, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom