Annual Passholder preview notification thread

Beuford

Never mind, the link posted now says the event is full. I never received an email from Disney. That's ok, I have only purchased multiple passes every year for the last 16 years. I'm not disappointed at all......😣

donsullivan

Premium Member
Did you get in? I'm hoping this one went smoothly for you after the Pandora shenanigans.

Thanks. Yes. No issues at all this time. I got the email at 11:03AM ET and was successful getting into MK on Friday. I think the email preferences page I found a year or 2 ago seems to have pretty much fixed all that communication.

For anyone who has issues where you do not receive these emails I encourage you to try:

Note
: Do this on the website, not in the MDE app.
2) Log into you MDE account on the Walt Disney World Website
3) Choose Profile at the top of the My Disney Experience menu (right under your name)
4) Choose Communication Preferences
5) Under Marketing Messages at the top click on the link at the end of the sentence that says Privacy Choices Website.

Make sure all of the desired options are selected here for receipt of messages and make sure the email address matches your MDE email address. Legally all of these sorts of AP messages are classified as Marketing messages.

This is the tool Disney added a year or two ago to fix the messed up blocking issue they had with the marketing message to children problem back in the early 2000's which started all of this. Once you make these changes, while it is not 100% guaranteed you should start receiving the messages you desire like the AP registration announcement. Back then, lots of people opted out of receiving all kinds of message like this and when you did, it was a lifetime lockout. They added this page about 18-24 months ago that seems (it did for me) fix the issues.

I did this about 18 months ago and have gotten nearly all of the communications about things like this since that I would expect to get.

No guarantees but I'd encourage anyone with these sorts of issues to try it and see if it helps you.

JimW

Premium Member
Thanks Don! I'll definitely go through those steps. I had zero problems with Pandora and Star Wars, but got nothing on this one.

ElvisMickey

Thanks. Yes. No issues at all this time. I got the email at 11:03AM ET and was successful getting into MK on Friday. I think the email preferences page I found a year or 2 ago seems to have pretty much fixed all that communication.

For anyone who has issues where you do not receive these emails I encourage you to try:

Note
: Do this on the website, not in the MDE app.
2) Log into you MDE account on the Walt Disney World Website
3) Choose Profile at the top of the My Disney Experience menu (right under your name)
4) Choose Communication Preferences
5) Under Marketing Messages at the top click on the link at the end of the sentence that says Privacy Choices Website.

Make sure all of the desired options are selected here for receipt of messages and make sure the email address matches your MDE email address. Legally all of these sorts of AP messages are classified as Marketing messages.

This is the tool Disney added a year or two ago to fix the messed up blocking issue they had with the marketing message to children problem back in the early 2000's which started all of this. Once you make these changes, while it is not 100% guaranteed you should start receiving the messages you desire like the AP registration announcement. Back then, lots of people opted out of receiving all kinds of message like this and when you did, it was a lifetime lockout. They added this page about 18-24 months ago that seems (it did for me) fix the issues.

I did this about 18 months ago and have gotten nearly all of the communications about things like this since that I would expect to get.

No guarantees but I'd encourage anyone with these sorts of issues to try it and see if it helps you.

Agreed! I got my email at 11:02AM, didn’t notice until 10 minutes later but then was able to get a spot at the MK on the 9th through the website. No waiting either...super quick.

tissandtully

Agreed! I got my email at 11:02AM, didn’t notice until 10 minutes later but then was able to get a spot at the MK on the 9th through the website. No waiting either...super quick.
I only found out about it through Twitter and ended up getting spots quickly without being thrown into a waiting room. Guess I was lucky this time. Will see some of y'all at DAK on July 9th! I'll be the one wearing a mask!

KikoKea

We have our granddaughter's baby blessing to attend, so couldn't have gone anyway, even had I been fast enough to get in. But, congrats to all who did- have fun and let us know what to expect on our upcoming trips to the bubble!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom