Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

And that 7-day rolling figure is a very high number... way higher than it should be. One day isn't cause for alarm, but this number just made the 7-day go even higher.
I see it as alarming as this positive rate is not typical for Sunday stats. Not at all. Sunday is typically the "numbers are lower across the board" day.

MaximumEd

Also, based on personal experience in the panhandle this past week, the beaches in and of themselves aren’t a problem. It’s all the businesses that exist because of the beaches where people pack like sardines. We kept to ourselves and did our eating in the cottage aside from some take out.

kong1802

what's interesting is I'm already seeing a defense (not on here) of "look it went way down to 5000" from the SAME people who told everyone that the case count doesn't matter.

We all should have seen that one coming when people were advocating to reduce testing......

They don't even try and hide anymore.

hopemax

How is that problem still not solved? I thought they were saying we had a surplus of tests that were going to be "wasted" since we wouldn't need them.

Now we are back to this?!
We are also back to PPE shortages. There is an article in The Guardian, but I’m on my phone and can’t grab it at the moment. One of the examples is hospitals in Florida.

mickeymiss

It seems to me that bars are the only places being pointed to specifically as hot spots. I also suspect parties and events at home. Add the domino effect of household contact and it wouldn’t take much to reach these numbers. How does this translate to closing businesses that are being responsible? I’m starting to get confused by the targeted outrage toward Disney before they even open. Nothing implicates them as likely to fail in their strategy.

It seems like a few people have been absolutely determined to see Disney close way before this increase even happened. Universal has been open for nearly a month and there have been no connections made to covid. We watch vlogs every week of the same people going over and over. None of them have been sick and most of them say they feel very safe.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It seems to me that bars are the only places being pointed to specifically as hot spots. I also suspect parties and events at home. Add the domino effect of household contact and it wouldn’t take much to reach these numbers. How does this translate to closing businesses that are being responsible? I’m starting to get confused by the targeted outrage toward Disney before they even open. Nothing implicates them as likely to fail in their strategy.

It seems like a few people have been absolutely determined to see Disney close way before this increase even happened. Universal has been open for nearly a month and there have been no connections made to covid. We watch vlogs every week of the same people going over and over. None of them have been sick and most of them say they feel very safe.
It’s anywhere with a lot of people in close proximity...so that means it only has to be where people eat, drink, talk, touch surfaces and share common space/recirculated air...

...what does Disney run again?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I just think that "flat" is a misleading characterization.. especially if you expand that 7-day analysis to a 14-day. It's ugly.
my post was based on the latest trend that I’m seeing. If you don’t agree, or you think I am misleading, that is fine. I said those stats were not good. But I’m not gonna run around with my hair on fire due to one days worth of data. I have already been concerned before the latest day.

kong1802

It’s anywhere with a lot of people in close proximity...so that means it only has to be where people eat, drink, talk, touch surfaces and share common space/recirculated air...

...what does Disney run again?

I'm actually nervous for them...

As you said upthread, they are an "outbreak" away from this being a bad situation for them.

One CM comes down with it, headlines start pummeling down from the heavens..............

I just don't see how it plays out in their favor, really. But I do hope that somehow that doesn't come to pass.

What is in the union contract regarding hush money?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
my post was based on the latest trend that I’m seeing. If you don’t agree, or you think I am misleading, that is fine. I said those stats were not good. But I’m not gonna run around with my hair on fire due to one days worth of data. I have already been concerned before the latest day.
You almost had me on board...until the “one day” part.

It’s only one day if you only look at one day.

oceanbreeze77

I'm actually nervous for them...

As you said upthread, they are an "outbreak" away from this being a bad situation for them.

One CM comes down with it, headlines start pummeling down from the heavens..............

I just don't see how it plays out in their favor, really. But I do hope that somehow that doesn't come to pass.

What is in the union contract regarding hush money?
but instead of the headline being "new outbreak amongst cast at Disney" it'll be "cast members sick at Disney AFTER Disney chooses to open during one of the worst outbreaks the country has seen"

Rider

It's unfortunate that business that were being responsible have been shut down but unfortunately there are not enough inspectors to verify compliance and if you are responding to complaints of non-compliance you are already too late.

I've been to Disney Springs 3 times since they reopened and they are doing a good job with rule enforcement.

However the biggest issue with Disney is not that they will be lax. It's that with thousands or tens of thousands of visitors a day there WILL be spread of Covid at the parks. And if it's bad enough Disney World will be in the news in the worst way. It could damage Disney World (and Orlando) for years.

That is what Disney leaders are concerned about.

lisa12000

I really really do hope this is the worst it gets for Florida and the other states that are seeing spikes in numbers. We are talking about a local lockdown in one of our cities over here (UK) for a rise in cases which aren't overly significant and mainly due to outbreaks in food processing plants - but still they are talking of not allowing any easing of restrictions (no bars/hairdressers opening) for another two weeks (we are due to open on Saturday) and perhaps more severe restrictions if it doesn't flatten - I would seriously have a heart attack if we got the amount of cases Florida is getting in the UK - still think the WDW is one of the safest places you can go though and I genuinely hope their reopening goes well and that a downward trend is seen very soon.

The testing situation seems chaos though? we cant get people to take tests over here and they're free!! 98,000 tests done in UK today and we have capacity for 280,000 (including antibody tests) - our govt are begging people to come forward!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom