Park tickets for next year allow hopper option???

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I was checking the Disney site today (as another poster kindly recommended) regarding park tickets for 2021, specifically next summer. It is now allowing me to purchase tickets, but what I found confusing is it is also allowing me to select a park hopper option. I could have sworn that I read that Disney was now limiting guests to one park per day? Can anyone help clear up my confusion? Is perk hopping going to be allowed, and if so, how the heck will that work? I mean, what do you have to do, reserve all 4 parks for each day of your stay? I’m lost here, lol!

Any clarification from someone smarter than me (I know, that doesn’t really narrow down the pool very much) would be much appreciated!

crawale

I was checking the Disney site today (as another poster kindly recommended) regarding park tickets for 2021, specifically next summer. It is now allowing me to purchase tickets, but what I found confusing is it is also allowing me to select a park hopper option. I could have sworn that I read that Disney was now limiting guests to one park per day? Can anyone help clear up my confusion? Is perk hopping going to be allowed, and if so, how the heck will that work? I mean, what do you have to do, reserve all 4 parks for each day of your stay? I’m lost here, lol!

Any clarification from someone smarter than me (I know, that doesn’t really narrow down the pool very much) would be much appreciated!
No one knows yet. If Disney continues to limit parks to one a day then they will need to refund Park Hopper/APs as they were sold with the premise of being able to go to multiple parks a day. Perhaps they will offer an Annual Pass that only allows one park a day so that at least you were paying for what you would get. I can't think Disney can continue long term with this limit. People spend a lot of money eating at Epcot and oftern go to one park in the morning and Epcot for dinner so this restriction would reduce revenue - something Disney hates to do.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
No one knows yet. If Disney continues to limit parks to one a day then they will need to refund Park Hopper/APs as they were sold with the premise of being able to go to multiple parks a day. Perhaps they will offer an Annual Pass that only allows one park a day so that at least you were paying for what you would get. I can't think Disney can continue long term with this limit. People spend a lot of money eating at Epcot and oftern go to one park in the morning and Epcot for dinner so this restriction would reduce revenue - something Disney hates to do.
Yeah, I hear what you’re saying. I guess I just don’t understand how it would work logistically. I mean, if they are allowing me to purchase the park hopper option, and I also have to reserve a particular park, wouldn’t that mean that I have to reserve all 4 parks for each day in order to effectively receive the park hopper option I paid for? I don’t get it.

JIMINYCR

We just booked our 2021 trip which also included the PH as part of the package. Our TA said if Disney stays on one park / day by then we will be given a refund for it not being available. For right now your only option is to plan out for the one park / day. TA is suggesting doing it now instead of waiting, so the chance of not having your choice available later on wont happen. if things get normal, then park hopping will change that up. Dining reservations are now at 60 days, the DDP isnt available either but in the chance it is brought back, that can be added as well.
Its good that we have time on our side and hopefully as the months pass by we will see a Disney we enjoy come back. I told DS and DW, at this point even if its a different type of a trip, its still Disney and we will make it as enjoyable as we can.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
We just booked our 2021 trip which also included the PH as part of the package. Our TA said if Disney stays on one park / day by then we will be given a refund for it not being available. For right now your only option is to plan out for the one park / day. TA is suggesting doing it now instead of waiting, so the chance of not having your choice available later on wont happen. if things get normal, then park hopping will change that up. Dining reservations are now at 60 days, the DDP isnt available either but in the chance it is brought back, that can be added as well.
Its good that we have time on our side and hopefully as the months pass by we will see a Disney we enjoy come back. I told DS and DW, at this point even if its a different type of a trip, its still Disney and we will make it as enjoyable as we can.
Great info, thanks so much!

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, I hear what you’re saying. I guess I just don’t understand how it would work logistically. I mean, if they are allowing me to purchase the park hopper option, and I also have to reserve a particular park, wouldn’t that mean that I have to reserve all 4 parks for each day in order to effectively receive the park hopper option I paid for? I don’t get it.
As soon as Disney can allow park hopping, they will. It may even be that people with hoppers will be able to go to Epcot in the evening this summer if the park isn’t at capacity.

So by selling park hoppers for next year it means that if by January they can do away with park reservations altogether, people will be able to park hop without having to upgrade. Plus it’s more money coming in for them.

Sirwalterraleigh

As soon as Disney can allow park hopping, they will. It may even be that people with hoppers will be able to go to Epcot in the evening this summer if the park isn’t at capacity.

So by selling park hoppers for next year it means that if by January they can do away with park reservations altogether, people will be able to park hop without having to upgrade. Plus it’s more money coming in for them.
I’m not so sure they want to get rid of park reservations...it allows them to control costs, creates artificial “demand” - what they excel at - and what was the other thing?...

...it will come to me...

🤔

Storm

I’m going in April 2021 and I’m assuming that things will be kind of back to normal at least at WDW , I don’t see the restrictions and the masks so called “enforcement” which is inexistant lasting for long. Perhaps if parks reservation are a thing I will delay it further because when you live 6000 miles away it’s too difficult to know what to do on what day. Way too many factors (weather etc)

NelleBelle

I’m going in April 2021 and I’m assuming that things will be kind of back to normal at least at WDW , I don’t see the restrictions and the masks so called “enforcement” which is inexistant lasting for long. Perhaps if parks reservation are a thing I will delay it further because when you live 6000 miles away it’s too difficult to know what to do on what day. Way too many factors (weather etc)
Except you pretty much had to do that anyway when making dining reservations and FP+. Prior to making our dining, we needed to know what park we needed to be in to eat what meal and then hope we could get good FP for being in the park. We typically had park hoppers so we needed to figure out if we were going to try and eat early in a park or do dinner and be in a specific park. This is part of the draw of DLR lately for us...we don't have to do this nonsense. At least with having a reservation system, you only have to choose one park for the day (currently).

Storm

Except you pretty much had to do that anyway when making dining reservations and FP+. Prior to making our dining, we needed to know what park we needed to be in to eat what meal and then hope we could get good FP for being in the park. We typically had park hoppers so we needed to figure out if we were going to try and eat early in a park or do dinner and be in a specific park. This is part of the draw of DLR lately for us...we don't have to do this nonsense. At least with having a reservation system, you only have to choose one park for the day (currently).
I just eat at the pop century or AoA food court so this doesn’t really apply to me but I get your point :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom