Should WDW open?

milordsloth

Have fun having a terrible experience , plus unions are asking Disney to delay the opening as well , your freedom shouldn’t include spreading a disease to other people that lack immunities or older people , that’s called being egotistical. Shame on you.

You are entitled to your opinion, however I believe I will have a wonderful time celebrating my best friend's birthday at a place I've always wanted to visit.

Storm

You are entitled to your opinion, however I believe I will have a wonderful time celebrating my best friend's birthday at a place I've always wanted to visit.
To each their own , this is what is wrong with America right now , they think its time to celebrate and party while in fact its not the time for that , but who am I kidding , they've been doing that all along anyway

milordsloth

To each their own , this is what is wrong with America right now , they think its time to celebrate and party while in fact its not the time for that , but who am I kidding , they've been doing that all along anyway

Where have you been the last few months? We've all been stuck at home and only recently started opening up. No one has been partying this whole time. I've been stuck at home, not going out or even visiting my parents out of caution. I am doing nothing wrong by going to a park that will be doing everything in their power to keep us safe.

Storm

Where have you been the last few months? We've all been stuck at home and only recently started opening up. No one has been partying this whole time. I've been stuck at home, not going out or even visiting my parents out of caution. I am doing nothing wrong by going to a park that will be doing everything in their power to keep us safe.
Except there is nothing safe about going to an amusement park in the middle of a pandemic , especially with the huge increase in cases in Florida right now , you have to be insane to think this is a good idea to go mid july and expect to have a good experience

milordsloth

Except there is nothing safe about going to an amusement park in the middle of a pandemic , especially with the huge increase in cases in Florida right now , you have to be insane to think this is a good idea to go mid july and expect to have a good experience

Why can't I expect to have a good experience? Should I just stay home and be sad? I understand all the safety measures and I'm prepared for that. I think it is possible for people to go back to work, and for other people to be at a theme park and stay safe.

Storm

Why can't I expect to have a good experience? Should I just stay home and be sad? I understand all the safety measures and I'm prepared for that. I think it is possible for people to go back to work, and for other people to be at a theme park and stay safe.
So you expect to have a normal experience , all that while wearing a mask (which is mandatory by the way) , have social distancing , have severely reduced amount of attractions and dining places ? And no as I said going to an amusement park in the PEAK of a pandemic is not a safe thing to do , you can twist it and find excuses all you want , its both egotistical and insane

milordsloth

So you expect to have a normal experience , all that while wearing a mask (which is mandatory by the way) , have social distancing , have severely reduced amount of attractions and dining places ? And no as I said going to an amusement park in the PEAK of a pandemic is not a safe thing to do

Yes, as I said, I know what the requirements are and I do know for a fact I will have a wonderful time. I appreciate your opinion and our discussion and hope you'll be able to enjoy the parks sooner rather than later.

Storm

Yes, as I said, I know what the requirements are and I do know for a fact I will have a wonderful time. I appreciate your opinion and our discussion and hope you'll be able to enjoy the parks sooner rather than later.
I'm going next year only and even then I dont expect things to be back to normal , especially with how things are going right now in Florida , it will only get worse because of people like you who think its a good idea to go in large gatherings , I sincerely hope the unions that are agaisnt the reopening success and the opening is delayed because its the right thing to do.

DfromATX

CNN: Disney World workers petition to delay reopening as Florida coronavirus cases surge.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/media/disney-world-petition-trnd/index.html

Honestly, I personally think it's too soon. Even if cases were not on the rise, which they are.

We love WDW, it's not going anywhere.
Another month or two could save a lot of lives and even more hospital cases.

I miss it a lot. My plan is to observe what happens over the summer and maybe in August or so I will book a quick trip, like 2 park days only, in January. If it doesn’t look good, I guess we will have to wait.

ppete1975

I'm in Canada, and we have been following, as have Americans. You can only force people to stay home for so long. We were told that all they had to do was "flatten the curve" just so there wouldn't be hospitals overwhelmed. I can tell you with great confidence, that hospitals have never been so dead as doorknobs like they are now. Nurses are being sent home and laid off temporarily.

How did staying home for 2 weeks turn into 4 months of it? Enough is enough. You can't do this forever. Life is worth living too, you know? Let's live it.
Sounds like Canadians took it more seriously. Had people actually done what they were supposed to we would be closer to an end. Instead numbers went down and people went back to life before anything happened. Now people are getting sick again. Wear an fing mask its not hard. And most people prob should cover more of their faces cause they aren’t as pretty as they think they are lol.

DfromATX

Sounds like Canadians took it more seriously. Had people actually done what they were supposed to we would be closer to an end. Instead numbers went down and people went back to life before anything happened. Now people are getting sick again. Wear an fing mask its not hard. And most people prob should cover more of their faces cause they aren’t as pretty as they think they are lol.

I agree. There’s just such an uproar about having to wear them. I don’t get it. Why is it so hard to wear a mask?!? Well now in many cities in my state (Texas), it’s mandatory. Maybe if people weren’t rebelling so much we wouldn’t be in this situation. I passed by a Walmart and it looked like they had armed guards standing outside finally enforcing it.

Storm

I agree. There’s just such an uproar about having to wear them. I don’t get it. Why is it so hard to wear a mask?!? Well now in many cities in my state (Texas), it’s mandatory. Maybe if people weren’t rebelling so much we wouldn’t be in this situation. I passed by a Walmart and it looked like they had armed guards standing outside finally enforcing it.
Finally , should have done it a long time ago , it was obvious a lot of citizens wouldnt respect it.

Flying_High

I think this is exactly why certain states are seeing a rise. The virus takes time to slowly fade away as those with it either make a recovery or unfortunately pass away. I don't live in Florida so I don't know how serious they treated this, but I do remember when they let people go to the beach, almost no one had a mask and the woman who created the website, which is legally required of the states to list covid statistics, said they asked her to lie and also they moved data into the past to make current cases look like a downward trend.

IMO, what they did was criminal and if you aren't enforcing these laws why bother having them? This was a failure of government in the state and now all the blame is on them. They, of course, will scapegoat and blame it on protests or something else, but this is how I see it from where I am in another state.

DisneyJoe

Yes, you know what the requirements are and you will follow them - but there are many that don't and won't - have you read the open letters from Cast Members who are scared for their lives because they don't want to deal with entitled, cranky and aggressive guests who are sick and tired of being in the heat and wearing a mask and not being able to breath? Situations that they needed to deal with before COVID-19 and they now expect things to be much worse because of these new procedures.

I would not recommend to anyone to take their first trip to WDW in summer 2020 unless they already plan on taking a return trip in the future. Good luck to you.

Storm

Yes, you know what the requirements are and you will follow them - but there are many that don't and won't - have you read the open letters from Cast Members who are scared for their lives because they don't want to deal with entitled, cranky and aggressive guests who are sick and tired of being in the heat and wearing a mask and not being able to breath? Situations that they needed to deal with before COVID-19 and they now expect things to be much worse because of these new procedures.

I would not recommend to anyone to take their first trip to WDW in summer 2020 unless they already plan on taking a return trip in the future. Good luck to you.
Exactly my thoughts thank you,going to WDW in July or even august 2020 is complete insanity especially with the HUGE increase in cases we’ve seen , and it’s only the beginning it would seem.

NickMaio

Original Poster
No, they shouldn't open. They just had almost 9000 new cases in one day!!! They need to get better control first. Otherwise it's just going go continue spreading to other states as people return home from their trips.
It does not take a genius to figure out what will happen if they open next month.
Two weeks after park open I will bet they will need to close for even longer. FL really needs to get a handle on this virus.

Its wild we ALL want our WDW back 😉

Storm

It does not take a genius to figure out what will happen if they open next month.
Two weeks after park open I will bet they will need to close for even longer. FL really needs to get a handle on this virus.

Its wild we ALL want our WDW back 😉
It’s obvious looking at most responses in this thread that a lot of people think WDW is more important than their lives and the lives of other people , apparently putting at risk the elderly and the people lacking immunities is a minor issue to them because they have the “right” to enjoy WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom