Should WDW open?

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Actually? I'm not sure a formal "opening" matters. What matters is if people CHOOSE to go to WDW, as it currently exists.
All personal opinion - but I believe that a great deal of any current WDW traffic will be locals - not folks from out of state, or out of country.

eliza61nyc

There will always be asshats. They were there before this whole thing and they'll be there after. This is just a new thing to be an asshat about.

Realistically, what's the alternative? You open with restrictions or you stay closed forever.

Actually hold individuals and businesses accountable. The fact is whether it's today or next week or next month, we will have to deal with the exact same issues we're dealing with right now, as we open up in various locations.

the difference is usually the asshats just annoy everyone. now they can kill people. and I'll ,ive you an example of what I saw yesterday. Joe dumb dumb is trying to get into a cvs without a mask. Very polite young lady stops him, he immediately starts having at it with the young girl. now she's a young kid and he's cussing, yelling etc. she even offered him a free mask. luckily there were other patrons (guys, women, me) who came to her defense but it's not always easy for a business to simply throw someone out.

milordsloth

Actually? I'm not sure a formal "opening" matters. What matters is if people CHOOSE to go to WDW, as it currently exists.
All personal opinion - but I believe that a great deal of any current WDW traffic will be locals - not folks from out of state, or out of country.

I'm sure I'm not the only out of state person! I'll be there on the 11th from California! (and my first ever trip to WDW!) I can't wait.

Ldno

Well with Texas and california shutting back down, it’s all a matter of time before florida does, and it won’t look for disney at all. Heck the push back on reopening now it’s big but who knows.

AngryEyes

the difference is usually the asshats just annoy everyone. now they can kill people. and I'll ,ive you an example of what I saw yesterday. Joe dumb dumb is trying to get into a cvs without a mask. Very polite young lady stops him, he immediately starts having at it with the young girl. now she's a young kid and he's cussing, yelling etc. she even offered him a free mask. luckily there were other patrons (guys, women, me) who came to her defense but it's not always easy for a business to simply throw someone out.

So, should we close CVS? When would be the appropriate time to re-open pharmacies, so we can ensure this type of person won't show up?

Idiots are everywhere all the time. There is no vaccine.

Phonedave

Just saw that Hong Kong never shutdown and their numbers are way down . . . BUT, 97% of the population wears masks. The 3% that doesn't is supposedly American and Europeans. If we'd all just wear a damn mask and stop ******** about it, we'd likely bring the numbers down and be able to strike some balance between respecting the virus and protecting our fellow citizens and still enjoying life (as close to normal as possible). Wear. A. Mask.

Well that is the thing.

If EVERYBODY who did not HAVE to go out to work wore a mask and stayed home as much as possible for lets say 3 weeks, pretty much everybody who has it would know (they would be symptomatic). Then, everything could have opened with masks and social distancing for everybody who is symptom free for an other 2-3 weeks or so, just to make sure.

If that had happened, we could have been done with this crap for the ENTIRE UNITED STATES, back in the beginning of May. It would have been over and done with - things could be open, it would be well under control, and life and the economy would be back to normal.

But no, people won't wear a mask because - honestly I don't know why. People can't give up going to a rave, or a pool party, or yes even a protest.

Those of us in NJ have not been to a restaurant, let alone a bar, since early March, have been working from home, have been going out to stores only when we need to, and when we do we wear a mask - EVERY TIME. I have no sympathy or understanding for somebody who will not wear a mask because it fogs their glasses, or it is uncomfortable, or it makes them sweat, or they think they look silly. Family members who are in essential roles have caught this disease (and thankfully recovered), people who are close to my family have died from this disease.

Last edited:

NickMaio

Original Poster
Well that is the thing.

If EVERYBODY who did not HAVE to go out to work wore a mask and stayed home as much as possible for lets say 3 weeks, pretty much everybody who has it would know (they would be symptomatic). Then, everything could have opened with masks and social distancing for everybody who is symptom free for an other 2-3 weeks or so, just to make sure.

If that had happened, we could have been done with this crap for the ENTIRE UNITED STATES, back in the beginning of May. It would have been over and done with - things could be open, it would be well under control, and life and the economy would be back to normal.

But no, people won't wear a mask because - honestly I don't know why. People can't give up going to a rave, or a pool party, or yes even a protest.

Those of us in NJ have not been to a restaurant, let alone a bar, since early March, have been working from home, have been going out to stores only when we need to, and when we do we wear a mask - EVERY TIME. I have no sympathy or understanding for somebody who will not wear a mask because it fogs their glasses, or it is uncomfortable, or it makes them sweat, or they think they look silly. Family members who are in essential roles have caught this disease (and thankfully recovered), people who are close to my family have died from this disease.
Thanks for your hard work and sorry for your loss.
Take care.

bdearl41

they are....remaining flat?

yea. Actually the death rate has been cut in half in only 9 days. If we see a spike in deaths start I’m a week or so then the same narrative will exist, butif the death spike doesn’t occur you will start to see the perspective of the virus really start to shift. We will see I suppose.

skyphotographer

CNN: Disney World workers petition to delay reopening as Florida coronavirus cases surge.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/media/disney-world-petition-trnd/index.html

Honestly, I personally think it's too soon. Even if cases were not on the rise, which they are.

We love WDW, it's not going anywhere.
Another month or two could save a lot of lives and even more hospital cases.
No, it should never open again. It's much too dangerous for everyone involved. We must all stay in our homes for the rest of our lives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom