News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Goofnut1980

So I was booking a stay for the beginning of our April cruise and for the end of the cruise. Because we have APs and they expire in February. I will need to renew them before I can even book park days. Why would I renew now though?

Seanual757

So I was booking a stay for the beginning of our April cruise and for the end of the cruise. Because we have APs and they expire in February. I will need to renew them before I can even book park days. Why would I renew now though?

Like I explained to my wife we are local that is great but if we are unable to go when we want (we normally visit the parks 6-8 times a month) or get 3-4 visits a month it's not worth $350 a month in payments each month. I would rather wait and see how things go yea we will need to do the down payment again but do not see the benefit of ing away $350 a month.

This is not Disney's fault (the pandemic) but when people are not willing to travel they really need to take extra care of the passholders. We spend on average $100 with each visit (day visits) and when we stay on site we spend enough each year to buy a new car.

If I were in your shoes I would not renew until we have more information and we see where this pandemic is heading.

tissandtully

That is the eternal question. I guess the answer is best of luck in securing a day at the parks.

Seanual757

I think the only saving grace we have is that I don't expect availability to to go away for a while. I don't understand why they let everyone book park pass reservations so far out at the same time. It doesn't make sense.

Nope makes no sense maybe they are trying to gauge what attendance will be like to justify how many CM's the will need and factor in resorts as well since we have to confirm resort stays 3 weeks out..

bpiper

Nope makes no sense maybe they are trying to gauge what attendance will be like to justify how many CM's the will need and factor in resorts as well since we have to confirm resort stays 3 weeks out..
Your warm, but not quite red hot.

My take is that they are desperate to get some sense of what demand is like. Not for CM staffing and such but for fundamental forecasting what revenue will be like. Remember, Finance has years of data to make projections with, but they all got flushed down the toilet. I am sure Burbank is demanding to know what revenue projections will be like for the rest of the summer and fall and all they have to go by is existing reservations. With reservation data, they have at least a staring point to make financial projects. Not much of one, but at least something.

Seanual757

Your warm, but not quite red hot.

My take is that they are desperate to get some sense of what demand is like. Not for CM staffing and such but for fundamental forecasting what revenue will be like. Remember, Finance has years of data to make projections with, but they all got flushed down the toilet. I am sure Burbank is demanding to know what revenue projections will be like for the rest of the summer and fall and all they have to go by is existing reservations. With reservation data, they have at least a staring point to make financial projects. Not much of one, but at least something.

well seeing what the resorts look like I can see them not opening any more than the DVC resorts for the remainder of the year. I know they are opening some non DVC resorts. My friend and his family checked into VGF they were the 3 family to arrive he was told they are staying until July 6. I check into OKW next Friday we shall see I bet we have a run of the place.

Revenue will be close to zero and just breaking even, I expect major layoffs at Disney not furloughs but layoffs so they do not have to pay benefits.

Grim looking projections I expect the next 6-12 months even if a vaccine is ready by 1/1/21 it will take months to get to every american.

tissandtully

Not sure what the deal is, but when I try to go to the Park Pass system with my MDE login it crashes to the Olaf error screen every time while loading the first Party screen. But when I log in with my wife's account, it works perfectly fine.

Man, this system is terrible. Good thing we have a back up and can do it with her account.

Goofnut1980

Like I explained to my wife we are local that is great but if we are unable to go when we want (we normally visit the parks 6-8 times a month) or get 3-4 visits a month it's not worth $350 a month in payments each month. I would rather wait and see how things go yea we will need to do the down payment again but do not see the benefit of ****ing away $350 a month.

This is not Disney's fault (the pandemic) but when people are not willing to travel they really need to take extra care of the passholders. We spend on average $100 with each visit (day visits) and when we stay on site we spend enough each year to buy a new car.

If I were in your shoes I would not renew until we have more information and we see where this pandemic is heading.

I am half tempted to not renew until April.. instead of February.. and take my chances.

Vampyr

Reservations are now open for AP's!!! Magic Kingdom is now booked for AP's on July 11th. Everything else is still available as of 6:27am!!

Thank you for letting me know! I was able to make my three reservations with absolutely no problem. Took less than a minute. (Used Safari browser on my iPhone.)

joup7

I was able to get mine too. I got exactly what I wanted also, matching up with a friend who has a hotel stay a few days.

Of note: the availability calendar has nothing for passholder son the 11th or 12th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom