Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

Walt Disney1955

Wearing a 6in by 3in mask isn't interfering with your ability to get sun.

Paying taxes doesn't entitle you to be able to expose a bunch of people to a potentially deadly virus.

Get over yourself. You're not special because you work and pay taxes. Millions of other Americans do too and aren't complaining about showing respect to others by wearing one.

It's like saying "I refuse to wash my hands after using the bathroom" if you work in the food industry. Sure, not everyone will get sick, but you don't want someone who just had their hand in a toilet messing with your food.

Remember: it's not FOR YOU. You wear masks to protect others from you. People can be asymptomatic and people are also contagious before showing symptoms. Everyone complaining seems to think the world revolves around them. No, it doesn't.

When you come to the parks you're around hundreds of thousands of other people. You interact with CM's who want to make YOUR visit special and good. But screw them, right? Why should you care about them getting sick because you can't be bothered? Please, if you're not going to wear a mask and it's required, don't come.

I think we should all wash our hands period. But the rest of your post is like something that CNN would have on a cue card. It is more or less parroting everything we've heard. You have lived everyday of your life with viruses that have killed and continued to kill and yet you still didn't think twice about going to a concert, a movie, a sports game or Disney. Standing watching a parade next to another stranger? Never thought about it until you were told to be scared about it. How do I know? Because this is what our society has come down to, being told how to react. If this weren't true then you'd have been wearing a mask in February, and every other month of your life prior to this, but you didn't. And neither did I.

Masks aren't good for you. They are not meant to be worn for long periods of time. It is not healthy for you. You aren't being noble by wearing one because I am telling you, the people wearing them are disproportionately younger people (40 and under) while the 70+ crowd has a much lower percentage of people wearing them. Something is "off" when the people we are told that we will kill if we don't protect are less scared than a 25 year old that does 100 sit ups a day.

There are many of us waiting for you and others to wake up so we can have our lives fully back and actually plan our lives again.

lazyboy97o

I think we should all wash our hands period. But the rest of your post is like something that CNN would have on a cue card. It is more or less parroting everything we've heard. You have lived everyday of your life with viruses that have killed and continued to kill and yet you still didn't think twice about going to a concert, a movie, a sports game or Disney. Standing watching a parade next to another stranger? Never thought about it until you were told to be scared about it. How do I know? Because this is what our society has come down to, being told how to react. If this weren't true then you'd have been wearing a mask in February, and every other month of your life prior to this, but you didn't. And neither did I.

Masks aren't good for you. They are not meant to be worn for long periods of time. It is not healthy for you. You aren't being noble by wearing one because I am telling you, the people wearing them are disproportionately younger people (40 and under) while the 70+ crowd has a much lower percentage of people wearing them. Something is "off" when the people we are told that we will kill if we don't protect are less scared than a 25 year old that does 100 sit ups a day.

There are many of us waiting for you and others to wake up so we can have our lives fully back and actually plan our lives again.
It’s clear you don’t understand why the masks are being worn or that the reason is not at all new. You not paying attention does not mean people were scared into a senseless panic.

Prince-1

But the rest of your post is like something that CNN would have on a cue card.

And this is very much like Fox or OAN would be trying to sell.

Because this is what our society has come down to, being told how to react.

I‘m sure that the entire entertainment industry including movie studios and movie theaters, the cruise industry, Major League Baseball (and basketball and tennis and soccer and collegiate sports), as well as theme parks such as Disney and Universal, and so many other industries decided to loses some collective hundreds of millions of dollars if not billions because they were told how to react. Makes sense to me lol.

Masks aren't good for you. They are not meant to be worn for long periods of time. It is not healthy for you.

Source please.

And many of us are waiting for people like you to stop being selfish and spreading the disease that will continue to kill thousands and thousands because wearing a mask is such a sacrifice.

NelleBelle

Please, all those years I worked in a hot operating room! I better call my surgeon buddies and let them know that all those hundreds of hours we wore masks (and other PPE) was "unhealthy". Would you mind sharing your source please? But I absolutely will agree with you that we all should be washing hands--excellent point!

disney4life2008

Just went to Home Depot for a few minutes for a light bulb. Spotted at least 5 or so not wearing masks. Wasn’t enforced at all, sadly.

Yea. I think it just depends. I went to Ross and they wouldn't e
Please, all those years I worked in a hot operating room! I better call my surgeon buddies and let them know that all those hundreds of hours we wore masks (and other PPE) was "unhealthy". Would you mind sharing your source please? But I absolutely will agree with you that we all should be washing hands--excellent point!

Go to the men's bathroom after fantasmic and count how many men walk out without touching water let alone soap.

Goofyernmost

Will you wake the hell up. This isn't your common virus. How many people, worldwide, have to die before you all pull your heads out of your butts and know the difference between a Pandemic and a regular flu. Talk about parroting back everything one has heard Fox say. However, Fox is pretty much the only one saying that crap. CNN along with many, many other networks are reporting the facts. You've just chosen the wrong gods to follow. It is my sincere hope that your bias doesn't end up killing you or someone you care about.

I guess your "observation" that people 70+ crowd have a lower percentage wearing them was a fact pulled from no place. Where are you getting your information. Being in the 70+ range I can tell you without hesitation that is probably one of the most irresponsible as well as incorrect statements ever made.

Last edited:

NickMaio

Will you wake the hell up. This isn't your common virus. How many people, worldwide, have to die before you all pull your heads out of your butts and know the difference between a Pandemic and a regular flu. Talk about parroting back everything one has heard Fox say. However, Fox is pretty much the only one saying that crap. CNN along with many, many other networks are reporting the facts. You've just chosen the wrong gods to follow. It is my sincere hope that your bias doesn't end up killing you or someone you care about.

I guess your "observation" that people 70+ crowd have a lower percentage wearing them was a fact pull from no place. Where are you getting your information. Being in the 70+ range I can tell you without hesitation that is probably one of the most irresponsible as well as incorrect statements ever made.
Thank you......
I was going to just type the same thing.

Take care everyone.

WDWLOVER1957

Absolutely the more people come down here the worse it’s getting and I see it all the time with the mask. People eating taking it off putting it on the table and then putting g it back on. I do t care either way I’m not the one that’s goin got call someone out for not having a mask on I just stay away. But we r annual pass holder and live just a few miles away. But our daughter who has Down syndrome will not wear one it’s bc of sensory is sure nothing on her face head or hands it’s not even about not being able to going to all the parks. But we can’t bc of this issue and someone said wrk with her if anyone knows someone with special needs it’s easier said then done.
Don't they make allowances for certain circumstances sure I read somewhere they do

SpoiledBlueMilk

It doesn't matter how you feel about this - whether you think COVID is a joke or not. Your feelings and opinions on wearing a mask are irrelevant. WDW is private property. They set the rules. If you don't want to follow those rules, you will be asked to leave. If you don't want to follow the rules, you shouldn't go. It will save the rest of us the trouble and annoyance of seeing you removed from the premisses.

Walt Disney1955

The solution is simple. Stop watching CNN and continue watching Fox. Easy peasy mac and cheesy!

It is all under the same umbrella my friend. Avoid mainstream media at all costs.

It’s clear you don’t understand why the masks are being worn or that the reason is not at all new. You not paying attention does not mean people were scared into a senseless panic.

People WERE scared into a senseless panic, and still are.

I‘m sure that the entire entertainment industry including movie studios and movie theaters, the cruise industry, Major League Baseball (and basketball and tennis and soccer and collegiate sports), as well as theme parks such as Disney and Universal, and so many other industries decided to loses some collective hundreds of millions of dollars if not billions because they were told how to react. Makes sense to me lol.

Nobody wants to be the first one to make that call. Then they'll look like they just care about profits. Well, duh, that does pay your employees who need that money to pay their bills to feed their families and such. You really think these corporations are all for this just because they publicly say that they care about your "safety" first? It is killing them because they rightly want to run a business. When the fear stops, the normalcy returns.

And many of us are waiting for people like you to stop being selfish and spreading the disease that will continue to kill thousands and thousands because wearing a mask is such a sacrifice.

In the past three months I haven't, nor has my family, changed our habits. For the family members and friends that wanted to see us we saw them at their homes or at ours. We hugged, ignored social distancing or at least sat like normal adults do during a visit and my kids have played with every kid that was allowed to play with them. Guess how many people I've killed? None. In fact, no one in my entire circle, and it is a big one, has even gotten tested positive, or sick. It is time for people to wake up, this virus has done more damage just solely based on the reaction than the actual virus will ever do. And don't even get me going on the amount of deaths that this has caused, because it will depress you if you knew the truth. You'd wonder why the heck the 477,000 Covid-19 deaths were worth it.

Walt Disney1955

It doesn't matter how you feel about this - whether you think COVID is a joke or not. Your feelings and opinions on wearing a mask are irrelevant. WDW is private property. They set the rules. If you don't want to follow those rules, you will be asked to leave. If you don't want to follow the rules, you shouldn't go. It will save the rest of us the trouble and annoyance of seeing you removed from the premisses.

There are a lot of us who will happily let others take the bait first and break the ice so that when we use our hard earned money to return it is back to being the Disney we all know and love. I am sure people are having fun, perhaps at a 75% amount of normal fun they would have there, but no one can tell because they can't see you smile. Don't worry, anything I have done recently I always ensure what the restrictions are. No one wants to pay that type of amount of money while wearing a mask.

lazyboy97o

It is all under the same umbrella my friend. Avoid mainstream media at all costs.

People WERE scared into a senseless panic, and still are.

Nobody wants to be the first one to make that call. Then they'll look like they just care about profits. Well, duh, that does pay your employees who need that money to pay their bills to feed their families and such. You really think these corporations are all for this just because they publicly say that they care about your "safety" first? It is killing them because they rightly want to run a business. When the fear stops, the normalcy returns.

In the past three months I haven't, nor has my family, changed our habits. For the family members and friends that wanted to see us we saw them at their homes or at ours. We hugged, ignored social distancing or at least sat like normal adults do during a visit and my kids have played with every kid that was allowed to play with them. Guess how many people I've killed? None. In fact, no one in my entire circle, and it is a big one, has even gotten tested positive, or sick. It is time for people to wake up, this virus has done more damage just solely based on the reaction than the actual virus will ever do. And don't even get me going on the amount of deaths that this has caused, because it will depress you if you knew the truth. You'd wonder why the heck the 477,000 Covid-19 deaths were worth it.
You shouldn’t be so proud.

Walt Disney1955

You shouldn’t be so proud.

Why? Is it a bad thing to realize just how much of a social engineering project this whole thing has been? So it has been bad to NOT treat your neighbor like a leper? Overnight our society, including yourself, just accepted the fact that humans are pariahs and can and will kill them just by touching each other. The psychological issues this started are just like watching a plane crash into slow motion. Yes, someone in my position should be happy they didn't fall for this stuff from day one and saw it for what it is. I spent the entire day at my parent's house for Father's Day. If you or anyone else didn't visit your father because some idiot politician told you not to then you should NOT be proud of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom