WHO HAS RECENTLY CANCELLED THEIR TRIP?

gobstoper27

With the recent announcements of the changes and restrictions in effect when WDW reopens; who has decided to cancel their WDW trip? How are you feeling. What were you looking forward to? What were your dates and where were you staying. When do you plan on going back? Thanks for sharing!

My extended family and I have recently decided to cancel our Nov 3-Nov 8th stay at Pop and I couldn't be more relieved. For the first time in forever (lol) I was not looking foward to going. We all have expectations while being at Disney and being aware that my expectations would not be met I'd rather not go plus I know my anxiety would be through the roof.

We were traveling with my husband's parents and his brothers family of 4, all together for the first time to celebrate our nephew's HS graduation. My brother in law and his family were hell bent on going because our nephew has been cheated out of so much this year due to covid and he requested this trip instead of a huge grad party.

My DH and I worked hard to get them to postpone. They don't make a lot of money and we really wanted them to get the most for their money as they don't go often. He would be getting another cheated experience and for the money it just isnt worth it. After talking it out amongst themselves they let us know yesterday that they were out. Regardless of their decision, my family of 3 were more than likely going to cancel.

I am bummed because for the first time I scored every ADR I wanted and was looking forward to brunch at Homecomin but there is always next year.

Ricky Spanish

At the time of me writing this, we should have been driving through southern Georgia(from Chicago)for our WDW vacation.
It was scheduled for June 4-14 at All Star Movies.
But we rescheduled for next year and we changed our resort to POFQ(never stayed there).
Yeah, we are disappointed.
But, we are lucky to have been there before and we will get there again.

Upvote 0

The_Jobu

I cancelled my reservations for end of August. Was going to be first time staying at Pop, Riverside, and Cabana Bay. I'm like you, was very excited to go at first, but once everything started, it wasn't worth it for me to pay full price for less experience, not to mention I would be worried about my family's health the entire time.

Might return in 2021, see how things go.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

This year my daughter (our youngest child) graduates from high school. We had the absolute BEST trip planned during her spring break; needless to say that was cancelled 2 weeks prior to our departure. We rescheduled for the first week in August, that too was shaping up to be another BEST trip. What I mean when I say BEST trip; we literally got the resort we wanted Coronado Tower water view; ALL dining reservations (we had for the first time the Deluxe DDP) after all this was a celebration trip and every single FP we wanted. Unfortunately, last week we decided, as a family, against any sort of travel for now. We will, at some point in the future, take our daughter on her graduation trip. We ordered the graduation Mickey ears that say Class if 2020 for her to wear when we do take the trip.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

We cancelled our April trip and now are strongly thinking about cancelling the September trip. Waiting to see what the final details are for park reservations, dining reservations, etc., etc., etc.

Upvote 0

Herdman

We rescheduled from May to late October and so far we have not cancelled. We're not out anything to wait and see how things are as we approach the date we have to pay the balance. It's almost 5 months from now, and there is no way at this point to know what will be going on then so we've seen no reason to cancel now.

Upvote 0

cjlyon

Just canceled our July trip and they aren't letting anyone reschedule or make new reservations at this time hopefully can get the same or better deal when we can reschedule.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Technically, I haven't "cancelled" my trip. But my two previous attempts were cancelled on me by WDW (late March and late May). So, for the third time, I've rescheduled my trip to the third week in October. I just booked a regular priced standard room at Pop and hope that discounts show up for either APs or Florida Residents so I can apply them.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

We had an April 2020 trip:cancelled

just yesterday, I cancelled our November 1-14th 2 week trip...basically because 2 weeks is a long time if there’s not much open, showing , etc.. it was still an impossibly hard thing to.

we already have an April 2021 week planned and are hoping, hoping, hoping things are on the way to More normalcy by then.

maybe a 2 week trip in 2021 will make this all better

Upvote 0

Herdman

We had an April 2020 trip:cancelled

just yesterday, I cancelled our November 1-14th 2 week trip...basically because 2 weeks is a long time if there’s not much open, showing , etc.. it was still an impossibly hard thing to.

we already have an April 2021 week planned and are hoping, hoping, hoping things are on the way to More normalcy by then.

maybe a 2 week trip in 2021 will make this all better
Just curious - were you up against a deadline to pay your balance owed, or to get your money back? We rescheduled from May to the last week of October, and we're not out anything by waiting until closer to our reservation time to still get our deposit money back. There's no way of knowing right now what may be happening 4-5 months from now so we're just "watiing and seeing" for the time being.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

Just curious - were you up against a deadline to pay your balance owed, or to get your money back? We rescheduled from May to the last week of October, and we're not out anything by waiting until closer to our reservation time to still get our deposit money back. There's no way of knowing right now what may be happening 4-5 months from now so we're just "watiing and seeing" for the time being.

we are DVC, so for us it’s just point balance. We had already lost some points due to having our April 2020 trip cancelled...they were older and un bankable points. I’ve come to terms with that one

our main worry was just visiting Disney on a 2 week trip this fall with some things possibly closed and or cancelled. We really like food and wine festival..among other things

so, for us it was about just staying home this year and doing it again next year when hopefully some more things Are brought back.
Have fun on your trip!

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

We had what might have been the last family vacation (due to college schedules) planned for late May...when we saw the writing on the wall, my DW booked a trip for early June (right now)...obviously not happening. The DW & I have a second Disneymoon scheduled for December of this year. Fingers are crossed, however, if Disney is not close to normal by December, i.e. no parades, fireworks, 50% capacity, we will seriously consider postponing until next year. We hope to find the time next year with the daughters school schedules to take another stab at the family trip. For us, for the $$$ we spend and the tremendous amount of planning my wife does (thanks, dear), we just can't see returning with those restrictions in place. It's kinda like trying to get your Disney fix by going in the Disney store in the mall...it's just a tease.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom