WHO HAS RECENTLY CANCELLED THEIR TRIP?

gobstoper27

With the recent announcements of the changes and restrictions in effect when WDW reopens; who has decided to cancel their WDW trip? How are you feeling. What were you looking forward to? What were your dates and where were you staying. When do you plan on going back? Thanks for sharing!

My extended family and I have recently decided to cancel our Nov 3-Nov 8th stay at Pop and I couldn't be more relieved. For the first time in forever (lol) I was not looking foward to going. We all have expectations while being at Disney and being aware that my expectations would not be met I'd rather not go plus I know my anxiety would be through the roof.

We were traveling with my husband's parents and his brothers family of 4, all together for the first time to celebrate our nephew's HS graduation. My brother in law and his family were hell bent on going because our nephew has been cheated out of so much this year due to covid and he requested this trip instead of a huge grad party.

My DH and I worked hard to get them to postpone. They don't make a lot of money and we really wanted them to get the most for their money as they don't go often. He would be getting another cheated experience and for the money it just isnt worth it. After talking it out amongst themselves they let us know yesterday that they were out. Regardless of their decision, my family of 3 were more than likely going to cancel.

I am bummed because for the first time I scored every ADR I wanted and was looking forward to brunch at Homecomin but there is always next year.

gobstoper27

Original Poster
For us, for the $$$ we spend and the tremendous amount of planning my wife does (thanks, dear), we just can't see returning with those restrictions in place. It's kinda like trying to get your Disney fix by going in the Disney store in the mall...it's just a tease.
This was the main factor for us! I was almost tempted not to cancel as the lower crowd size but it's not a good enough trade off. I tried to get my Disney fix at the Dis Store..and it's still not open :arghh:

Upvote 0

gobstoper27

Original Poster
we are DVC, so for us it’s just point balance. We had already lost some points due to having our April 2020 trip cancelled...they were older and un bankable points. I’ve come to terms with that one

our main worry was just visiting Disney on a 2 week trip this fall with some things possibly closed and or cancelled. We really like food and wine festival..among other things

so, for us it was about just staying home this year and doing it again next year when hopefully some more things Are brought back.
Have fun on your trip!
No trip for us, cancelled our November reservations! I was sad because I got some great dining reservations but I just couldn't justify spending that much money on a watered down experience.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

Being from NJ, just read that Florida extended the 14 day self quarantine thing when you enter Florida for NJ, NY, and CT. So....if that’s still in place in November, I wouldn’t have been able to go anyway.
We are from way down South Jersey...haven’t seen the numbers of cases as Northern Jersey has...not even close...but NJ nonetheless.
I read Florida extended the 14 day thing “indefinitely”....that would be bad for us.

We have a trip planned April of 2021 now, and really hope It’s ok to go by then!

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Was supposed to go in April, obviously didn’t happen, then we rebooked for August, but have decided to wait until next September (so far away!) so that my BIL and sister can finally check out the Food and Wine fest and MNSSHP. :) it will be worth the wait!

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Were suppose to be there tomorrow haven't cancelled anything yet and haven't heard from Disney at all. Was hoping maybe to be able to make plans for 2021 then.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

While I canceled ahead of the reopening announcement, we canceled our July trip and rescheduled for February. We were supposed to check in on July 11th and check out on the 15th. It was just a quick trip, but I'm really happy we rescheduled. As Disney started to cancel resort reservations into June, my gut started to say they were going to wait until July 4th weekend/week had passed, simply because of the bookings and crowd potential. I didn't want to be part of the initial reopening and my parents, who are passholders and in their late 60s/early 70s weren't comfortable going, so it seemed wise to hold off. It's probably an omen, since some mandatory school stuff has popped up for that week. No Epcot also probably would have been a deal breaker. I'm sure things won't be totally normal in February either, but it gives us more time to learn and observe the changes.

Upvote 0

BellaSweet8384

We're scheduled for Jan 2021 after cancelling a recent trip. We're fine with pushing that date back even later if needed. We go to Disney to eat and drink..and drink some more.

Upvote 0

tkeerl

Cancelled 8/31-9/4 for our 45th anniv when Boardwalk didnt open and reschedules for Jan 2021. now it looks like boardwalk will still not be open. this is a scheduling nightmare!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom