The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

I was told that too and a local gardener told me I could put them In the ground and they would come back. Didn’t work for me in the ground. I suppose I could try bringing them in but I think I’ve exhausted my plant budget for the year. Maybe I’ll try next year.

Try pots next year! I have never tried putting them in the ground here. The pots may not grow as big, but at least I have a little taste of SoFla ;)

21stamps

Gosh I should have gone out of town. T is at a friend’s house, I’m glued to the news. Other than watching the space station, the rest is just angering me more by the minute.

I think I’ll go for a run.

donaldtoo

I also had it on my phone as well (Interesting that there was about 4-5 second delay in the coverage on YouTube, via the phone, versus 100% "live" on CSPAN.) Yet, it was the same NASA TV group video on both, so I found the delay on the phone oddly interesting.

Anyway, I watched it on CSPAN for the bigger TV screen, but kept it on my phone, only because I wanted to add to the numbers of people watching. Really felt it was important to give this launch as much coverage as possible to show support in numbers. 🙂

Yep, noticed similar here.
On my iPhone they mentioned viewership was up to 1.1 million at one point, and then up to 1.4 million about 15 mins. later (about 30 mins. before launch). Never heard what the final numbers were.

I may :cautious::cyclops:, or may not :D;) have had a few brewskis in celebration after the launch, but,I still managed to get my ol’ beeeeeeehind outta’ bed early enough this mornin’ to watch the docking and boarding/PAO event with/on the ISS...!!!!! :hilarious:

Ultimately, I’m just glad we as a country are back to launchin’ our own astronauts into space...!!!!!!! :happy:

donaldtoo

I've never tried the rollerblades, but I always had a pair of rollerskates growing up, and they got used a LOT!!! I loved them! I preferred that to riding a bike, so my best friend would get her mom's tenspeed, and she'd ride that while I skated along side. Good times!

As kids, we mostly rode bikes everywhere. Into the foothills of San Jose NoCal, to Taco Bell, to the local candy store, etc...important stuff...!!!!! :hilarious:
We actually did roller skate quite a bit too, until skateboarding got really popular with urethane wheels and sealed bearings that made it all so smooth...good times, indeed...!!!!! :happy:
After all that, Rollerblades were a no-brainer...!!! :)

donaldtoo

I'm just wondering how many people get the reference! I didn't get to watch Hogan's Heroes the first time around, but did watch reruns in the 70s and vividly remember playing the Theme song on trumpet - much to my dad's delight.

I definitely get the reference...I was born in ‘62, and definitely remember watchin’ the later episodes of “Hogan’s Heroes” in their first run. So much silliness and fun regarding a tragic war, but such a fun take on it all for many, I guess.
But, what’s even funnier is how it became a hit in reruns in Germany back in about the 90’s, I think...?!!!!!!! :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

I've never tried the rollerblades, but I always had a pair of rollerskates growing up, and they got used a LOT!!! I loved them! I preferred that to riding a bike, so my best friend would get her mom's tenspeed, and she'd ride that while I skated along side. Good times!
I was just talking to my one friend who I go for walks with about roller skating...and how it's the one thing that I hate doing. I did it a few times growing up...hated it.

The funny thing is that I took ice skating in college as my PE credit and will happily ice skate...but that's different. I think I dislike having wheels under me. At least with ice skating, if you need a break, you get off the ice and when you're on regular ground, you're just walking, albeit on weird shoes. Roller skates...you can never escape the fact that you're on wheels.

B got invited to a roller skating party a few years ago. I was asked if I wanted to skate with him. I said nah I had college graduation two weeks later and didn't want to risk getting hurt.

That was partially it. The other part was I really hate roller skating.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was just talking to my one friend who I go for walks with about roller skating...and how it's the one thing that I hate doing. I did it a few times growing up...hated it.

The funny thing is that I took ice skating in college as my PE credit and will happily ice skate...but that's different. I think I dislike having wheels under me. At least with ice skating, if you need a break, you get off the ice and when you're on regular ground, you're just walking, albeit on weird shoes. Roller skates...you can never escape the fact that you're on wheels.

B got invited to a roller skating party a few years ago. I was asked if I wanted to skate with him. I said nah I had college graduation two weeks later and didn't want to risk getting hurt.

That was partially it. The other part was I really hate roller skating.

I'm not a huge fan of roller skating either. I think for the reason that you mentioned about there always being wheels under me when I stopped. I also have a fear of falling so I was the kid at the roller rink that clung to the carpet wall as much as possible and at the points where there was no wall I was terrified. I would gain confidence for awhile and move away from the wall and then I'd usually get bumped by one of the faster kids and down I would go so then it was back to the wall or time to play air hockey. One of the teachers in my district when I was a kid, her son owned the roller rink nearby. So he would bring in roller skates to school and it would be one of our units in phy ed. We would all get a free pass as our reward. I suppose it was good advertisement for him.

I no longer have quarantine hair.

My scalp is still tingling because it's so much lighter. 😂

I'm jealous. I need a cut so bad but I probably won't venture out to get one for a couple more weeks.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member

I absolutely loved roller skating growing up. It was the 70s and we would go to Skateland at least one or two nights a week and they opened up the cafeteria at my school on Sundays and we would all go there and skate for free. Plus numerous friends had cement floor basements and we would skate around most days.

Then one day at Skateland, another kid who was having some trouble decided to use me to stop himself. Ran into my back and pushed me into the wall. Caught myself with my right arm and broke my the radius bone in my arm. Which made me fall to the floor, where I caught myself with my right arm and broke the ulna bone. Both bones of my lower arm, compound fractures, 4 months in a cast from shoulder to thumb that was bent at about 80 degrees at both the elbow and wrist. Had to learn to write with my left hand. Didn't skate again until my daughter was about 8 and even then I stayed at the wall the whole time (which my wife thought was pretty funny).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom