WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RaveOnEd

Thanks to replying to my note without actually reading it. Ready, Fire, Aim is the way America has been responding to this epidemic since the beginning, I was trying to lay out a concern I have about opening these places up and how they may affect people who don’t travel down. It’s depressing how no one can have a serious discussion anymore, it’s all about the soundbit.
My apologies. What is your concern?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Exactly. They shouldn't be out shopping. And I don't agree with food stamps or unemployment.

I honestly can’t follow you here. People shouldn’t be buying basic necessities like food and clothing?

You said something didn’t add up arguing that this wasn’t causing economic collapse. I provided you the exact reason why it wasn’t - but that if we don’t reopen why it will. Yet you keep throwing out red herrings and other things that don’t make sense.

Peter Pan's Shadow

I’m sorry I worry about mass gatherings causing spikes in cases around the country when those brave consumers return back home.

I hope all of you hoping to restart the economy realize what you are risking, because if the virus returns in a big way again, that will lead to a second shutdown. A second shutdown would be disastrous not only because it’s more of what we had earlier but what comes afterwards, see we human beings are not rational in large groups, and group think is going to think “we opened too early last time, I can’t trust the government to look out for my safety, I’m staying in until I think it’s safe.”

That’s the kind of thinking that leads to an economic depression, but bright side is, you got to go to a theme park in June 2020 so worth it.

I hope I’m wrong, but if I’m right then these 2 months of freedom are going to be extremely costly.
Although we disagree on the big picture, I completely respect your opinion and the way you present it. My wife and I both work at a hospital, she's on the medical side and based on everything I see and hear, the numbers say we are ready to open smartly. For the right reasons and emphasis on smartly. It's not as safe for the at risk people, but is better for the major majority of the population. And our economy was strong, but the people are fragile. Something like 90%+ don't have savings to make it two or three months. Calls to suicide hotlines are up 8,000% as of last week. What will happen to that number when unemployment benefits run out for millions of people. And what about those not encompassed in mortality numbers, the people and families that are financially ruined for years or decades and don't end up on a stat sheet? As of now only unhealthy people are at risk even though l everyone has heard or knows of a unicorn rare case. I don't want any deaths. But the equation isn't set up for that simple choice stay closed or cause death. It's a much larger equation that has many more variables.

Touchdown

Although we disagree on the big picture, I completely respect your opinion and the way you present it. My wife and I both work at a hospital, she's on the medical side and based on everything I see and hear, the numbers say we are ready to open smartly. For the right reasons and emphasis on smartly. It's not as safe for the at risk people, but is better for the major majority of the population. And our economy was strong, but the people are fragile. Something like 90%+ don't have savings to make it two or three months. Calls to suicide hotlines are up 8,000% as of last week. What will happen to that number when unemployment benefits run out for millions of people. And what about those not encompassed in mortality numbers, the people and families that are financially ruined for years or decades and don't end up on a stat sheet? As of now only unhealthy people are at risk even though l everyone has heard or knows of a unicorn rare case. I don't want any deaths. But the equation isn't set up for that simple choice stay closed or cause death. It's a much larger equation that has many more variables.

I think we have to reopen smartly too, and I’m all for non essential stores opening with social distancing and al Fresca dining at this point.

Sadly, for Central Florida, Theme Parks are not conducive to social distancing. We need to have much less active cases in this country before we open this up. If trends continue, maybe by July, but anacdotially and via news reports, we just didn’t care as a nation this weekend and I worry our trend inverts again.

Gravydeen

what’s opening mid june? Everything?
I really don’t know anymore. I know a guy that manages(whatever title that is considered)one of the restaurants in MK. That’s what he is being told. That is that Disney is opening mid June. I guess it’s possible that does not mean everything. My guess it at least means MK since that is where he works. He most likely knows more than he told me.

disney4life2008

I honestly can’t follow you here. People shouldn’t be buying basic necessities like food and clothing?

You said something didn’t add up arguing that this wasn’t causing economic collapse. I provided you the exact reason why it wasn’t - but that if we don’t reopen why it will. Yet you keep throwing out red herrings and other things that don’t make sense.

Hun go over to Alafaya and you will see people buying non essential items. I have Disney cm friends who have purchased new cars and trips.

Getachew

I really don’t know anymore. I know a guy that manages(whatever title that is considered)one of the restaurants in MK. That’s what he is being told. That is that Disney is opening mid June. I guess it’s possible that does not mean everything. My guess it at least means MK since that is where he works. He most likely knows more than he told me.

Ah ok. Thanks for the info. I guess we’ll find out soon enough since it’s almost June already.

disney4life2008

Great. I doubt you’ll love it when you see what it does to your local economy, state and local budgets, and your taxes. Not to mention when large scale layoffs, shutdowns, and foreclosures begin with people and business you’re not currently expecting to be impacted.
We will see

jpeden

In the Parks
No

Yep. Had a doctor tell me that they expect to miss 80,000 cancer diagnoses from this and that with children having vaccines delayed we are flirting with an outbreak of a preventable disease.

People really can’t get past what the news is saying about this virus. There are so many other unrealized consequences to this shut down/lockdown/quarantine than people realize and the news is covering.

COVID-19 is going to quickly turn into a symptom of a much greater issue if we don’t learn how to control it and open in a safe manner.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I think we have to reopen smartly too, and I’m all for non essential stores opening with social distancing and al Fresca dining at this point.

Sadly, for Central Florida, Theme Parks are not conducive to social distancing. We need to have much less active cases in this country before we open this up. If trends continue, maybe by July, but anacdotially and via news reports, we just didn’t care as a nation this weekend and I worry our trend inverts again.

The problem is those businesses don’t drive the economic train of central Florida - the theme parks do. Restaurants and other businesses are in trouble without theme park and convention visitors.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Yea but you said essentials. Shopping at premium outlets and buying 65 inch tvs is not essential

And if they could have their CM jobs back and WDW would open in a safe manner they wouldn’t have the extra income to go on these shopping sprees. Yet you advocating for them to keep closed is going to prolong the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom