Disney limiting dining reservations for social distancing?

DisneyFamily24

Original Poster
Just curious. I have been able to get most of the reservations I was looking for, but wanted to know if you think Disney is limiting the amount of open reservations to allow for social distancing right now. Maybe 50% of the normal amount of tables or something thereabouts. I'm not sure how they would choose which people to cancel if right now they are allowing 100% of normal dining reservations.

DisneyFamily24

Original Poster
Who wants to walk around Disney with a mask in 90 degree weather and humid as hell? Lets pay 8,000 so we can do that.... Yeah, I'm going to have to take a pass...

We don't know yet what the Disney guidelines will be. Since phase 1 in Florida is in full effect today, I think Disney now has the opportunity to put together the resort/theme park plans and guidelines, which should include an opening date (which could be changed). Once this is released we will know if masks are required.

Katelynbird

That’s been my stance since early in the process...I just can’t see how it’s practical, effective, or enjoyable?
That is the thing. If one guest can tolerate wearing a mask and say they are enjoying the experience of WDW like that then so be it. Many others may choose not to and that is cool too. They will have their time to enjoy WDW without a mask and I am all for that as well. I know it is hot in Florida, I have been there many times before. I am a big girl now and I don't have to have anyone on the television help me make up my mind when I am ready to eat a restaurant or go to an amusement park. I have a mind of my own that can tell me when I think it is safe or not. Like I said in another post, the mask thing doesn't really bother me because I am already doing it. The heat thing is fine because I already live in a State that it can get pretty hot at times. My problem is if this is going to be enforced correctly or not or is it going to be enforced like the smoking was when that was once allowed in the parks. If the CM's are going to overlook it most of the time than I don't want to be anywhere near the parks because that is just going to cause more problems.

As for the limited Dining reservations I would say they would have some sort of sticker on a certain amount of tables saying this table is not to be used if it is a walk up service to limit the seating issue. If it is a to be seated restaurant I would think each place would just book accordingly with those who called in reservation times first with first priority and down the line from there and adjust accordingly. Guests are going to have to be somewhat flexible I think at first as are the restaurants as things get worked out.

Last edited:

Hcalvert

I am thinking if anything, they might know who booked first and cancel the ones who booked later? I have been wondering the same thing.

Katelynbird

Just heard that guest are NOT required to have masked on while in eating areas or eating. Now I know that sounds like common sense, but once a guest purchases food and it cannot be with cash they go to a table and then they can take their mask off to eat. Once they are done the mask is to go back on. That is the official rule from what I have heard.

nickys

Premium Member
Problem is that ADRs were made six months prior.

So when they do open, WDW will have to cancel existing reservations for some people unless enough people cancel of their own accord.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom