Is this possible? Booking question

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey everyone. It's been a long time since I've posted in here (haven't been to WDW since 12/2018 and not going back until 2021, which is too long if you ask me.) Apologies in advance for a long post, I've never been able to make a long story short. ANYWHO.

So, we've decided to take a two week vacation in November of 2021. First week at WDW, second week in Georgia (this is where my husband wants to go, we're doing a split of my choice and his choice.) and the reason for selecting this month is because neither of us enjoys sweltering heat, so May-September is usually a no go for us and this is also when we feel it will be safe to travel again. I've decided we are going to stay club level at AKL. We've never stayed club level and the last time I stayed at a deluxe was in 2010 at the Contemporary. So needless to say I'm VERY excited. I like to book my trips out as early as possible, when we went in December of 2018 I booked it 499 days in advance (so July of 2017) because I'm a crazy person and I love to plan, haha.

We're going to rent DVC points for the first time, this and the Savanna View being the deciding factor when I was choosing which club level to book. I know you can only book DVC rentals 11 months in advance but I don't think I can wait that long, and I'm neurotic so I would be too paranoid that if I wait that long to book, nothing will be available (I know, I'm insane. But I've accepted this 😂.) So what I was planning on doing is, when Disney releases rates/bookings for 2021 (which is hopefully soon?) I was planning on booking then through Disney, and just paying the deposit, and then when I can book 11 months out, booking with the DVC rental company and cancelling the original booking. My question is, is that possible? Can I book twice for the same dates, or will Disney prevent me from booking the second until the first is cancelled? Does that make sense?

Rob562

Hey everyone. It's been a long time since I've posted in here (haven't been to WDW since 12/2018 and not going back until 2021, which is too long if you ask me.) Apologies in advance for a long post, I've never been able to make a long story short. ANYWHO.

So, we've decided to take a two week vacation in November of 2021. First week at WDW, second week in Georgia (this is where my husband wants to go, we're doing a split of my choice and his choice.) and the reason for selecting this month is because neither of us enjoys sweltering heat, so May-September is usually a no go for us and this is also when we feel it will be safe to travel again. I've decided we are going to stay club level at AKL. We've never stayed club level and the last time I stayed at a deluxe was in 2010 at the Contemporary. So needless to say I'm VERY excited. I like to book my trips out as early as possible, when we went in December of 2018 I booked it 499 days in advance (so July of 2017) because I'm a crazy person and I love to plan, haha.

We're going to rent DVC points for the first time, this and the Savanna View being the deciding factor when I was choosing which club level to book. I know you can only book DVC rentals 11 months in advance but I don't think I can wait that long, and I'm neurotic so I would be too paranoid that if I wait that long to book, nothing will be available (I know, I'm insane. But I've accepted this 😂.) So what I was planning on doing is, when Disney releases rates/bookings for 2021 (which is hopefully soon?) I was planning on booking then through Disney, and just paying the deposit, and then when I can book 11 months out, booking with the DVC rental company and cancelling the original booking. My question is, is that possible? Can I book twice for the same dates, or will Disney prevent me from booking the second until the first is cancelled? Does that make sense?

You can definitely book one and then the other if you want. However they're two different inventories of rooms, so it's as if you're booking at two different resorts. Even if you want to book a villa directly through Disney, they're a separate pool than the ones you'd be renting DVC points for. They'd also fall under the 11 month booking window, so availability through there would be the same as if you were renting points.

The only reason you might want to do what you're suggesting is if you're 100% set on Club Level Savanna View at AKL and you're willing to stay in a regular hotel room or pay the direct Disney price for the villa to get Club Level if you can't book through a DVC point rental.

-Rob

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You can book twice for the same dates.

However, the chance of scoring a DVC point rental for AKL Club Level for a week in November is akin to winning the lottery. Why? There are only 10 DVC Club rooms at AKL (5 studios/5 1&2 bedrooms) and fall is the most popular time for DVC owner bookings.

If your heart is set on AKL Club level, your safest bet is to book a regular (non DVC) room through Disney at 499 days out.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thank you! If I can’t book through DVC I still want to stay club level, but would likely do a split stay, stay a couple nights at a moderate then the last few club level. Don’t get me wrong I’d stay the whole week club level at full price but I have to leave some money for my husbands leg of the trip haha.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thanks to everyone for replying. Last night while we were out walking our dogs (this is apparently when my husband does his thinking) he decided he wants to move the trip up a couple months. So I called and booked a room only reservation for September 2021. I’m still going to try to get a DVC rental at the 11 month mark but even if I can’t, I’m pleased with the price we got for now.

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks to everyone for replying. Last night while we were out walking our dogs (this is apparently when my husband does his thinking) he decided he wants to move the trip up a couple months. So I called and booked a room only reservation for September 2021. I’m still going to try to get a DVC rental at the 11 month mark but even if I can’t, I’m pleased with the price we got for now.

You can get everything set up for a DVC rental more than 11 months out. I think brokers will take a request 12 months out so they can find an owner ready for the 11 month mark if you’re lucky.

To get CL though you’d be better trying to find someone to book it directly through. And there are tricks members use to get those CL rooms which will begin before the 11 month mark. You’ll need a very accommodating owner to do that, and pay more than the rate the brokers charge to do so.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You can get everything set up for a DVC rental more than 11 months out. I think brokers will take a request 12 months out so they can find an owner ready for the 11 month mark if you’re lucky.

To get CL though you’d be better trying to find someone to book it directly through. And there are tricks members use to get those CL rooms which will begin before the 11 month mark. You’ll need a very accommodating owner to do that, and pay more than the rate the brokers charge to do so.

The company I’m using will allow me to place a request 12 months out and hold it until they can find an owner at the 11 month mark.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm sure many will disagree with me, but IMO you're significantly diluting the "deluxe-ness" of your trip by staying on DVC points rather than as a cash guest. I would much rather stay as a cash guest with housekeeping and a normal booking experience without club level and/or savanna view than to have those features while staying on points.

I think Animal Kingdom Lodge standard view rooms are the best value on property but the markup for savanna just isn't worth it, especially when many of the standard view rooms have a partial view of the savanna.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure many will disagree with me, but IMO you're significantly diluting the "deluxe-ness" of your trip by staying on DVC points rather than as a cash guest. I would much rather stay as a cash guest with housekeeping and a normal booking experience without club level and/or savanna view than to have those features while staying on points.

I think Animal Kingdom Lodge standard view rooms are the best value on property but the markup for savanna just isn't worth it, especially when many of the standard view rooms have a partial view of the savanna.

There's no mousekeeping if you rent DVC points?

nickys

Premium Member
There's no mousekeeping if you rent DVC points?

Not every day. Depending on how long your stay, you get it every 4 days, but it alternates between a full change of linens and towels, cleaning etc and just fresh towels and trash.

If you book a DVC room direct with Disney you do get it every day. But then you’d probably be better to book a non-DVC room.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Not every day. Depending on how long your stay, you get it every 4 days, but it alternates between a full change of linens and towels, cleaning etc and just fresh towels and trash.

If you book a DVC room direct with Disney you do get it every day. But then you’d probably be better to book a non-DVC room.
Good to know. We’re staying 5 nights 6 days.

MissViv

To me club level is not worth the price, I booked a standard room at AKL and was automatically upgraded to a Savannah room. I think that happens a lot.

I also picked a standard room at Polynesian and was upgraded to Club level, and while very nice, I would not pay the difference for club level.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
To me club level is not worth the price, I booked a standard room at AKL and was automatically upgraded to a Savannah room. I think that happens a lot.

I also picked a standard room at Polynesian and was upgraded to Club level, and while very nice, I would not pay the difference for club level.
What about it wasn’t worth it? I haven’t heard many good things about Poly club level. That was my first choice before reading reviews.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What about it wasn’t worth it? I haven’t heard many good things about Poly club level. That was my first choice before reading reviews.
It's not that anything about club level is bad, it's that non-club, non-savanna view at Animal Kingdom Lodge is still really good for a ton less money.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It's not that anything about club level is bad, it's that non-club, non-savanna view at Animal Kingdom Lodge is still really good for a ton less money.

I know, I was asking her opinion on what she didn’t find worth it, if it was something specific or overall.

MissViv

Don't get me wrong it was NICE! It was nice to see fireworks from inside in a comfortable chair in the club lounge but I still enjoyed the fireworks on the beach better.

We did save money on the "goodies" provided to eat in the club. We ate breakfast there every morning. But it is not worth the $200+ per night. The little bit of food you get is not worth the price and we do not drink liquor so did not use that feature. Just not worth it to me but it might be to you (there was just the 2 of us).

MissViv

Just checked for the nights I am planning in October and standard a AKL is $408/nt and Club Level Savannah is $722 - sure not worth that to me!!! You could plan another Disney trip for those prices.

aliceismad

I did not find that the loss of mouskeeping was an issue when I rented points. We don't make a big mess, don't really care about having our beds made every day, and could easily get new towels as needed. Others' opinions will differ of course.

MickeyCB

We are DVC members and unless you really want the club level experience, the snacks etc., if you just rent DVC points and book (for example) a 1 bedroom Savannah view room you will have a full kitchen, living area, 2 bathrooms and a bedroom with a balcony. You can also book that same room through Disney paying cash. If you think you want to do that watch for room discounts because they are available. They can be as much as 25-30% off.
You can either pick up your own groceries if you have a car, or have delivered groceries, beer wine etc and have it all in your room.
I don't know but I'm guessing the price will be less than club (but I am not certain about that statement as we have never stayed club level).
We love 1 bedrooms for the space and amenities. It's actually what got us hooked on DVC.

nickys

Premium Member
We are DVC members and unless you really want the club level experience, the snacks etc., if you just rent DVC points and book (for example) a 1 bedroom Savannah view room you will have a full kitchen, living area, 2 bathrooms and a bedroom with a balcony. You can also book that same room through Disney paying cash. If you think you want to do that watch for room discounts because they are available. They can be as much as 25-30% off.
You can either pick up your own groceries if you have a car, or have delivered groceries, beer wine etc and have it all in your room.
I don't know but I'm guessing the price will be less than club (but I am not certain about that statement as we have never stayed club level).
We love 1 bedrooms for the space and amenities. It's actually what got us hooked on DVC.
Just to clarify something here. You would only get 2 bathrooms in a 1-bed at Kidani.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom