Is this possible? Booking question

MickeyCB

Just to clarify something here. You would only get 2 bathrooms in a 1-bed at Kidani.
Hi @nickys,thanks, that’s what I put in my post. 1 bedrooms have 2 baths. The master is large with a tub (unless that’s changed), and the second had a shower and I can’t remember if there was a smaller tub in that bathroom.

nickys

Premium Member
Hi @nickys,thanks, that’s what I put in my post. 1 bedrooms have 2 baths. The master is large with a tub (unless that’s changed), and the second had a shower and I can’t remember if there was a smaller tub in that bathroom.
You didn’t specify Kidani though. Jambo villas don’t have the extra bathroom. 🙂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
“Club level” at Disney isn’t really worth much...if you ask me.

A snack lounge...doesn’t get you much else in the way of advantages.

The other recommendation I see is that if you have Disney “obsessed” kids, I’d flip the weeks and do that second if possible.

I always recommend that people who do split stays in wdw do the better place second...ie build up, not down.

Good luck.

nickys

Premium Member

The other recommendation I see is that if you have Disney “obsessed” kids, I’d flip the weeks and do that second if possible.

I always recommend that people who do split stays in wdw do the better place second...ie build up, not down.

Good luck.

Some of the food offerings, particularly at AKL, are significantly more than snacks. I just found this very recent review of the Kilimanjaro Club, hopefully I can link to it:

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Good luck.
No kids. We’re not doing a split stay, the price for 5 nights ended up being much less than I had anticipated so we just booked AKL for the entire trip.

I don't know if anything has changed as its been a few years, but when we stayed DVC club level at AKL you could not choose Savannah View or Standard View. It was the luck of the draw when you arrived. This is because there are so few club level rooms for DVC at AKL. There were only five 2 bedroom lock off's some on one side some on the other. IF you are still planning to try to rent points you might want to keep this in mind.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't know if anything has changed as its been a few years, but when we stayed DVC club level at AKL you could not choose Savannah View or Standard View. It was the luck of the draw when you arrived. This is because there are so few club level rooms for DVC at AKL. There were only five 2 bedroom lock off's some on one side some on the other. IF you are still planning to try to rent points you might want to keep this in mind.
That’s true for DVC. Not sure for regular rooms.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Sounds fabulous...

Have you stayed there before? Always been in my top 3 hotel locations (beach and wilderness) and may be the best overall.

no never stayed at AKL. Stayed at Contemporary, Port Orleans Riverside and All Star Sports. Very excited to stay at another deluxe, especially AKL. My husband is a big “coffee outside in the morning” guy and a huge “animal” guy so having a savanna view is going to be his favorite part.

MissViv

I did like trying AKL once. It was a great experience but I would not stay there again because of the proximity to the MK & Epcot resorts. I like to be on the monorail if staying in a deluxe, Poly or Contemporary.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I did like trying AKL once. It was a great experience but I would not stay there again because of the proximity to the MK & Epcot resorts. I like to be on the monorail if staying in a deluxe, Poly or Contemporary.

yeah being close is nice but we’re usually up so early to head to the parks that distance doesn’t matter.

Cutigerlady

For my family, we splurge on CL when we expect to spend a good amount of time at the resort. If you are planning on getting up early and head to the parks and stay late, you may not get any value out of it. We stayed at AKL CL before a cruise when we weren't going to the parks at all. They helped ups pack up snacks/drinks to take down to the pool in the afternoon and we were there for breakfast and appetizers in the evening.

We have stayed CL at Contemporary, Poly, AKL, YC, and RP GF. We think the best value for our money is at YC. AKL is typically only slightly more for CL over a Savannah room, but they usually sell out quickly and often are not discounted.

We also stay DVC often because we like the extra space and kitchen. We have stayed at WL BRV, SSR, BCV, and BWV. My kids like SSR the best because the resort has multiple pools, activities and is so close to DS. I'm not sure we would want both CL and DVC in the same trip though.

CaptainAmerica

Some of the food offerings, particularly at AKL, are significantly more than snacks. I just found this very recent review of the Kilimanjaro Club, hopefully I can link to it:

They're significantly more than snacks but they're not that-many-dollars-worth more than snacks. You can also just buy those items at the restaurants.

CaptainAmerica

Unless you spend more than 50% of your time at Magic Kingdom, the "convenience" of the monorail resorts to the MK is offset by their inconvenience to the other parks.

aliceismad

no never stayed at AKL. Stayed at Contemporary, Port Orleans Riverside and All Star Sports. Very excited to stay at another deluxe, especially AKL. My husband is a big “coffee outside in the morning” guy and a huge “animal” guy so having a savanna view is going to be his favorite part.
Seeing the animals outside my balcony was truly a magical experience for me and my young daughter. I hope your husband loves it.

We also really enjoyed talking with the knowledgeable staff members about the animals.

I know a lot of people dislike the distance to the parks, but we didn't really think it was that bad. Maybe because we stayed there in December and it was not super busy, but the bus situation was fine. Every hotel is going to be distant from some of the parks.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Seeing the animals outside my balcony was truly a magical experience for me and my young daughter. I hope your husband loves it.

We also really enjoyed talking with the knowledgeable staff members about the animals.

I know a lot of people dislike the distance to the parks, but we didn't really think it was that bad. Maybe because we stayed there in December and it was not super busy, but the bus situation was fine. Every hotel is going to be distant from some of the parks.
Yeah I don’t think distance is going to be a huge issue. I think the pros outweigh the cons.

CaptainAmerica

Animal Kingdom Lodge to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom is faster than the Polynesian to any of those places.

nickys

Premium Member
Animal Kingdom Lodge to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom is faster than the Polynesian to any of those places.
Poly to Epcot? A 5 minute walk, onto the monorail. The monorail doesn’t take long to arrive or travel, and security checks are just in different places (TTC vs Epcot). I’d say it’s evens at worst, with a big advantage to the Poly if you walk to the TTC, given you could have a 20 minute wait for a bus at AKL. Obviously if you choose to ride the monorail to the TTC, then it becomes a contest.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Poly to Epcot? A 5 minute walk, onto the monorail. The monorail doesn’t take long to arrive or travel, and security checks are just in different places (TTC vs Epcot). I’d say it’s evens at worst, with a big advantage to the Poly if you walk to the TTC, given you could have a 20 minute wait for a bus at AKL. Obviously if you choose to ride the monorail to the TTC, then it becomes a contest.
If you have the 20 minute wait, it becomes pretty much a wash, as it's really only about 15 minutes from AKL to EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom