News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

Amused to Death

Most of these restaurants aren't setup to socially distance as it is. It's like back in the day when restaurants would have smoking and non smoking sections and literally nothing breaking the space up. Like smoke doesn't move past the smoking sign.
The virus has been shown to travel clear across restaurants and shared office spaces by way of air-conditioning systems, so having an empty table or desk next to you isn't really going to solve the problem.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My personal rules are that as long as I'm not within 10 feet of anyone else, I don't have to put it on. So I usually put it on as I approach the entrance to the grocery store, for example.
This is where I think they need to be more clear. There may be pushback from guests on both sides of the wearing everywhere / only inside camps.

DCBaker

Premium Member
This is where I think they need to be more clear. There may be pushback from guests on both sides of the wearing everywhere / only inside camps.

"Appropriate Face Coverings: All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both our guests and our cast. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table)."

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
"Appropriate Face Coverings: All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both our guests and our cast. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table)."

Thanks 👍 makes that a lot clearer

TrainsOfDisney

Nobody else touches your credit card or phone

That’s true, it’s definitely safer for the employees then. I was thinking how all the cards and phones will be touching the same surface but the employees wouldn’t be handling them so that does make things safer for them.

I noticed at my coffee shop they no longer make you digitally sign for your credit card order. You just dip the chip and you are done.

MarvelCharacterNerd

"Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless or contactless payment options, such as credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Rewards® Redemption Cards and mobile wallets—including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Guests may purchase a Disney Gift Card at select Merchandise locations and Welcome Center (Guest Relations) to pay without cash."
I read this online earlier and am not clear why people would buy a Disney Gift Card when those (I don't think?) couldn't be used at the 3rd party vendors that are the majority - and initially the only - places open?

nickys

Premium Member
I read this online earlier and am not clear why people would buy a Disney Gift Card when those (I don't think?) couldn't be used at the 3rd party vendors that are the majority - and initially the only - places open?
Because other locations are opening up a week later.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Just checking, have they announced the hours that Disney Springs will be open yet? It doesn’t look like it on the main site so was wondering if any press releases have stated any operation hours.
Personally debating about going on the 27th but will depend on when they will open. I would ideally like to go early to avoid a bigger crowd. However looking at how City Walk opened, if they also open in the afternoon maybe going a bit later would be better?

Haven't seen what time Disney Springs will officially be open for guests, but some restaurants have said they will be open at 11:30am on the 20th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom