News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

ImperfectPixie

Well, as we've been hearing over and over again, the masks we are being told to wear aren't designed to keep you safe. They are designed to keep you from spreading the virus to others if you are sick. People will not be able to keep masks on while eating, so if someone is sick and coughing, breathing out the virus and touching surfaces in the restaurant, they would probably be more likely to transmit the virus to others inside than outside. For that reason, I think you are right that walking outside where infected people are wearing masks would be safer than eating inside, where they would have to remove the mask in order to eat.
If they are already symptomatic, they should be quarantining at home. We wear face coverings in public in case we are asymptomatic, so that we don't unknowingly infect anyone else. If someone is actively sick and eating in a restaurant...shame on them.

wdwfan22

Not sure what this means but Disney removes June restaurant availability for Disney Springs restaurants and sends out cancellation notices to those Guests booked.

Amused to Death

I would think those who are serious about the possibility of contagion, would not want to eat inside. Here in South Carolina, the restaurants have opened at 50% inside dining but I haven't been inside one yet to see how it is handled here.

You won't see me inside of a restaurant anytime soon. There are documented cases where persons have been infected inside of restaurants and shared office spaces as far as 50-100 feet away from a sick individual because they were in the same air-flow path of the air-conditioning system. The infected person does not have to cough or sneeze or even do any talking. Normal breathing, into the shared "jet stream," over the amount of time one would typically spend in a restaurant, is enough to infect others.

Amused to Death

Two hour wait at Margaritaville. Here folks can be seen spending quality time together on their phones. :rolleyes:

Margaritaville.jpg

Photo: Twitterverse #universalorlando

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When it gets to the point where most park guests are bumping into one another as they try to film themselves... then we'll know the craze has reached unreasonable limits.

That indeed is the impression one gets when we hear people talk about how "most of the people there are v/bloggers."

But when you put an actual realistic value to the number of v/bloggers in existence and compare that to the actual number attending, v/bloggers are always a very small minority of attendees... except for media events and upcharge events limited to only a few hundred people.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
That indeed is the impression one gets when we hear people talk about how "most of the people there are v/bloggers."

But when you put an actual realistic value to the number of v/bloggers in existence and compare that to the actual number attending, v/bloggers are always a very small minority of attendees... except for media events and upcharge events limited to only a few hundred people.
3wbvt0.jpg

Giss Neric

Hello everyone -

I've been thinking about this for a few days and have some questions. Not trying to be smart or anything like that, but am really curious.

1. How do you think inside dining at the Springs is going to be handled? Will people all take off their masks while they are eating? While they take off their masks between bites and sips? Then will they don that same mask they took off while eating to return outside? I can't see logically why being inside with a room full of people (even if they are spaced) is going to be safer then being outside without a cute Mickey cloth mask (which you know tons will buy and wear). I would think those who are serious about the possibility of contagion, would not want to eat inside. Here in South Carolina, the restaurants have opened at 50% inside dining but I haven't been inside one yet to see how it is handled here.

2. What will be your signal to stop wearing a mask at Disney. Will it be if Disney makes them optional, or will you wait until some other sort of signal. If so, what will that be? Will it be not until receiving some future vaccine or perhaps if some agency you consider authoritative tells you it is now safe to do so. Have you thought about this at all?

Again - I am genuinely curious about what you think, especially since I gather that many of you are in the age group that my own kids are in.

Thanks!

David
1. I can't really base my opinion on how North/South Carolina handles their safety cause most of the folks there don't even take this seriously. I hope you're not one of those crazy conspiracy theorists. Here in Florida or at least the restaurants that I have been to, they only allow 25% capacity spread inside and outside. You are not required to wear a mask when eating. What I do before I eat is to sanitize, take off the mask, eat, then sanitize and put a new mask when I leave, so I bring 2 to 3 masks with me. Actually some people don't even wear masks outside while walking around but they do follow social distancing. It's a mixture of both mask and non-mask wearing people.

2. I don't have any signal as to when to stop wearing masks in theme parks when they reopen. Well, actually I don't have an answer to that yet since we are not there yet, but if I base it on how I do my groceries, eat out, walk in parks and neighbourhoods for exercise even under hot humid weather, I can take it.

NOTE: I'm in my 20s so my patience is still up there. My tolerance is still high.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom