Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomudro

You seem to clearly be of the mind that you are not going to wear a mask and nobody is going to tell you that you have to. Let me ask, are you actually planning a trip this summer where you'll actually be impacted by these rules or is this just a straw man to advance your view that masks are a waste.

I for one hope they make masks mandatory for all guests and cast and aggressively enforce it. In fact, I'll be less likely to visit if they do not. When I visit after the re-opening I'll be happy to adjust my pace to adapt to the mask. I live in this climate and have already had to wear a mask when it's 90 so I know exactly what it's like. I don't need anyone throwing theories at me, I have personally experienced it.

This is NOT ABOUT MAKING YOU COMFORTABLE, it's about keeping everyone safe.

The last thing I want is 60,000 cast members forced to stay out of work or be pushed back out of work because selfish guests refuse to comply with guidelines published well in advance of their visit and then spread a narrative thru the media that they went to Disney World last week and caught COVID-19. And then all those cast members lose their jobs again and the Florida economy never recovers from it.

People need to understand this is not just about you being uncomfortable wearing a mask in the summertime. It's about the health of the whole economy of Central Florida and the hundreds of thousands of jobs that rely on safely re-opening the tourism industry, not placating those who want to whine that "It's too hot to wear a mask". Stay Home if you aren't able to deal with it.

Refusing to follow the guidelines they set forth is just selfish and nothing more.

If you can provide proof that non N95 masks worn by large gatherings of non medical professionals, in outdoor them park environments keeps everyone safe, that'd be interesting.

Flugell

You seem to clearly be of the mind that you are not going to wear a mask and nobody is going to tell you that you have to. Let me ask, are you actually planning a trip this summer where you'll actually be impacted by these rules or is this just a straw man to advance your view that masks are a waste.

I for one hope they make masks mandatory for all guests and cast and aggressively enforce it. In fact, I'll be less likely to visit if they do not. When I visit after the re-opening I'll be happy to adjust my pace to adapt to the mask. I live in this climate and have already had to wear a mask when it's 90 so I know exactly what it's like. I don't need anyone throwing theories at me, I have personally experienced it.

The last thing I want is 60,000 cast members forced to stay out of work or be pushed back out of work because selfish guests refuse to comply with guidelines published well in advance of their visit and then spread a narrative thru the media that they went to Disney World last week and caught COVID-19. And then all those cast members lose their jobs again and the Florida economy never recovers from it.

People need to understand this is not just about you being uncomfortable wearing a mask in the summertime. It's about the health of the whole economy of Central Florida and the hundreds of thousands of jobs that rely on safely re-opening the tourism industry, not placating those who want to whine that "It's too hot to wear a mask". Stay Home if you aren't able to deal with it.

Refusing to follow the guidelines they set forth is just selfish and nothing more.
Whilst fully understanding the need to encourage the growth and recovery of the Floridian economy I am reluctant to use my hard earned savings to a tune of a minimum of $6000 before spending on treats, food and souvenirs for a less than perfect time! Hopefully by the time U.K. visitors are allowed back the new normal, with or without masks, will be well established, running smoothly and all attractions in all parks will be operational. At that point I will be happy to spend time and money in Florida! In the meantime I wish all visitors, employees and the recently unemployed all success and more importantly health and happiness.

fotofx

What I am really curious to know is how they are going to handle buffets? Sweet Tomatoes is not reopening and I worry that Golden Coral, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and Trails End at Fort Wilderness will be changed. I know there are many more but these are my favorites.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Whilst fully understanding the need to encourage the growth and recovery of the Floridian economy I am reluctant to use my hard earned savings to a tune of a minimum of $6000 before spending on treats, food and souvenirs for a less than perfect time! Hopefully by the time U.K. visitors are allowed back the new normal, with or without masks, will be well established, running smoothly and all attractions in all parks will be operational. At that point I will be happy to spend time and money in Florida! In the meantime I wish all visitors, employees and the recently unemployed all success and more importantly health and happiness.

And I completely understand the view that you don't want to spend all that money under the current conditions. That is a totally reasonable response. If I had to travel a great distance for a visit I would absolutely just delay that visit until things settled back to whatever the new normal will look like in 6-9 months or maybe longer. To me that is a very sound reaction and strategy to get past all this craziness.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agreed. This isn’t charity, Disney is running a business and if I choose to not want to go to FL in the summer and wear a mask 12 hours a day I‘m not going to feel guilty about the impact of that on the economy.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
If Chapek says guests and cast to wear face masks, surely the leaders up and down the supply chain will follow and it's their job to train, educate, implement to their team members. Team members are their to implement to guests. Managers on duty, Security and law enforcement are on duty to assist if there are incidents that need to be addressed with them.
What type of face mask "incidents" would law enforcement need to address?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What I am really curious to know is how they are going to handle buffets? Sweet Tomatoes is not reopening and I worry that Golden Coral, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and Trails End at Fort Wilderness will be changed. I know there are many more but these are my favorites.
There won’t be self serve buffets for a long time...if ever.

celluloid

Agreed. This isn’t charity, Disney is running a business and if I choose to not want to go to FL in the summer and wear a mask 12 hours a day I‘m not going to feel guilty about the impact of that on the economy.
Exactly, you should not. It is the money you earned and what you feel is worth it for the current climate for you and your family. Just as Disney has the choice on how they want to operate and decide what is safe for them, you can decide what is safe, and for value for you.
Theme Parks will handle this somewhat differently, and Disney has created an environment that is great when times are not like this, they have to figure out how to handle it when times are temporarily like this.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Just make them those all you can eat family style restaurants. Same thing but without getting up.

jaklgreen

My trip is planned for October, so who knows what it is going to be like by then. I am against mandating that people wear masks, especially at WDW. It's unrealistic to think that people are going to be in complete compliance. You can't wear one while eating or drinking and I predict an increase in popcorn sales so that people can carry the popcorn around claiming that they are "eating" and can't wear the mask. It's a false sense of security and it is crazy how many people think that having the mask rule is going to keep them safe. There are so many ways that you can get sick but so many are hung up about wearing masks that they let their guard down and stop practicing safe hygiene. How many are going to be walking around touching things and then mess with their mask. Then they will touch their mask again and eat without washing their hands. I think that people are too irresponsible to actually wear and handle the masks properly for them to be effective. So yeah, I rather not wear one and be comfortable but still do what I have always done and washed my dang hands, then wear a mask to appease those who feel that wearing the mask will keep us all safe.

Polynesia

I have a weird feeling the Sky Liner won't open for sometime, small confined space that would need to be fully cleaned between guests.... Maybe it will be, but I can't picture the feasibility.
I’d prefer Skyliner over the monorail. At least you can limit it to your immediate family and take your mask off while riding. The monorail or buses or boats can’t be thoroughly cleaned between passengers either. If Disney finds a way to effectively and quickly sanitize one form of transportation they’ll do it for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom