Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Found this image online (adventures in design) of the phase2 bullding footprint. Anywhere we can verify or are there anymore detail about the avengers e ticket?View attachment 467157

the shape here reminds me of the land that is cleared for hkdl’s avengers ride but mirrored.

Here's a satellite image from Mar 26, 2020...

1588201607775.png

Disneylover152

The Avengers attraction in Hong Kong hasn't even begun construction yet. The building you were looking at is the Iron Man ride over there. The plot of land for the Avengers ride is over 2 acres in size, more than double the size of that square you've drawn.

I went to HKDL on Google Maps, used tools to find how big the building shown in the constructions site is-
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 1.34.58 AM.png

And then overlayed it on DCA's rumored expansion area.
Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.18.28 PM.png

It's very rough, but it's a rough estimate for the size of the building.

choco choco

I went to HKDL on Google Maps, used tools to find how big the building shown in the constructions site is-
View attachment 468752

And then overlayed it on DCA's rumored expansion area.
View attachment 468753

It's very rough, but it's a rough estimate for the size of the building.

You're looking at an old satellite photo. The building you are pointing at (much of the area you chose wasn't even a building) was the old Autopia that was in the process of being demolished. Here's the most recent publicly available satellite photo, notice the date:

1588744568126.png

Land's cleared, but probably nothing will go in it for a while. From reading between the lines, the Avengers ride really hasn't been worked out yet. They aren't even close to having construction drawings ready to go.

Your previous square was around 36,000 square feet. Imagineering cannot design E-tickets in such a tiny footprint anymore (Haunted Mansion is only a little bigger than that, but those days are long gone). To give you an idea, Rise of the Resistance and Smuggler's Run are somewhere around 70k-100k square feet, and you should expect this building to be about the same.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
So the Red Car Trolley will have to go thru the Avengers HQ facade to get to its storage barn? Or maybe rerouted somehow.

Phroobar

If Avengers Campus is finish soon would be cool if they did a grand opening or open it with the Disneyland resort reopening.
Watch no one show up. If they do reservations like Shanghai is doing it would feel a little like Galaxy's Edge opening last year but worst because of people's fear of large groups. Other things that are similar is the opening of a D-ticket with a promised E-ticket in the future, a bar / food area, overpriced merch and upcharged experiences. I bet the stuntbot and stunt shows has been taken out of the budget.

truecoat

Watch no one show up. If they do reservations like Shanghai is doing it would feel a little like Galaxy's Edge opening last year but worst because of people's fear of large groups. Other things that are similar is the opening of a D-ticket with a promised E-ticket in the future, a bar / food area, overpriced merch and upcharged experiences. I bet the stuntbot and stunt shows has been taken out of the budget.

The Spider-man ride is now just a non-floating It’s a Small World with little Spidey bots twisting on sticks.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I bet the stuntbot and stunt shows has been taken out of the budget.
For now, the stunt area would be an obvious place to have group character appearances ala Shanghai. It's far enough from the crowds that the characters can show up without face masks (other than their usual ones ala Spider-Man) a couple of times a day and wave. And then run the stuntronic before or after. I'd take that for starters to keep the characters around.

And actually, along with Spider-Man, there are several new character meets announced that are already masked - Ant-Man and Wasp along with Iron Man. Oh, and maybe Groot and Black Panther could still potentially meet too. Or at least show up on the ground rather than up in the stunt area.

Hanging on to any character hope I've got right now! :)

Phroobar

For now, the stunt area would be an obvious place to have group character appearances ala Shanghai. It's far enough from the crowds that the characters can show up without face masks (other than their usual ones ala Spider-Man) a couple of times a day and wave. And then run the stuntronic before or after. I'd take that for starters to keep the characters around.

And actually, along with Spider-Man, there are several new character meets announced that are already masked - Ant-Man and Wasp along with Iron Man. Oh, and maybe Groot and Black Panther could still potentially meet too. Or at least show up on the ground rather than up in the stunt area.

Hanging on to any character hope I've got right now! :)
I wonder if Chewie will be giving out free hugs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom