Statements about WDW that grind your gears

JIMINYCR

Disney has priced out the majority of people, Only the rich can afford a trip.
Theres not enough to do at AK.
Your going for 2 weeks? Theres not enough to do there after 5 days.
The food is bad, theres not enough variety, flavor, quality.
The DDP is never a good value.
The CM's are worse than before. Not helpful, pleasant or attentive.

Jrb1979

Disney has priced out the majority of people, Only the rich can afford a trip.
Theres not enough to do at AK.
Your going for 2 weeks? Theres not enough to do there after 5 days.
The food is bad, theres not enough variety, flavor, quality.
The DDP is never a good value.
The CM's are worse than before. Not helpful, pleasant or attentive.
I know people love the Magic Disney provides but some regional parks do a pretty good job with their own magic and are cheaper. Dollywood, Cedar Point, and Silver Dollar City are good examples.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It's been called this as a term of endearment but never as an official title. You know that completely, it has always been 100% been called Disneyland and just Disneyland officially. My lord yall are just chomping at the bit to prove something when that something isn't there.
Incorrect. They have advertised it plenty of times as Magic Kingdom. a quick google search will show you all the prove you need. Its been on posters, pamplets, commercials etc.

celluloid

"It is not a musuem"

Walt Disney actually referred to Disneyland as a musuem of sorts. Yes change should happen, but moderation with musuems can be ever changing and preserve messages and goals to entertain or educate, they don't have to be stale. In many ways, I feel that is an insult to musuems that preserve some things in messages but update others.

Walt Disney himself referred to Disneyland in quotes as being a type of musuem. Moderation in all things.

lazyboy97o

never said it was. and i never said "Magic Kingdom" was Disneyland's given name either. She said Disneyland has only ever been referrenced or refered to as Disneyland and that is simply not the case was my point.
Context. The context was regarding the park‘s name which was claimed to be Magic Kingdom, that the two parks at the Disneyland Resort are Magic Kingdom and Disney California Adventure.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Context. The context was regarding the park‘s name which was claimed to be Magic Kingdom, that the two parks at the Disneyland Resort are Magic Kingdom and Disney California Adventure.
CORRECTION: There is only one theme park at THE DISNEYLAND RESORT. The good ole' MAGIC KINGDOM, DISNEYLAND. across the street is the former parking lot turned generic piece of crap some like to call a theme park but is not.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

For the record there is nothing wrong with a guest who visits Magic Kingdom who you over hear on a phone call saying to the other person on the line "Oh I'm just at Disney World." They are correct. They are at Disney World. They are just not specifying what park they are in because honestly who cares? If you say you are at Disney World the other person has a general idea where you are at. Like the old saying in Jaws: "You yell Barracuda everyone goes 'huh? What?' You yell "Shark!" we got a panic on our hands on the 4th of July." Just because someone does not specify what park they are at does not mean there is something wrong with them saying in general they are at Disney World nor does it imply they don't understand the difference between overall Disney World and Magic Kingdom Park, that is you assuming they don't. Those that have a problem with this are nitpicky elitist snobs. Here endeth the lesson children.

Giss Neric

For the record there is nothing wrong with a guest who visits Magic Kingdom who you over hear on a phone call saying to the other person on the line "Oh I'm just at Disney World." They are correct. They are at Disney World. They are just not specifying what park they are in because honestly who cares? If you say you are at Disney World the other person has a general idea where you are at. Like the old saying in Jaws: "You yell Barracuda everyone goes 'huh? What?' You yell "Shark!" we got a panic on our hands on the 4th of July." Just because someone does not specify what park they are at does not mean there is something wrong with them saying in general they are at Disney World nor does it imply they don't understand the difference between overall Disney World and Magic Kingdom Park, that is you assuming they don't. Those that have a problem with this are nitpicky elitist snobs. Here endeth the lesson children.
But would it be great if you provide that information that there are 4 theme parks within Disney World so they won't be that clueless. Don't assume that people will get what you're saying every time. Yes, most of it is self explanatory and can be done through researching as Google is so accessible nowadays but you would be surprised how stupid people are.

It's the same reason why guests asks CMs where is Harry Potter world in WDW when they are clearly in a wrong park. Some can't even distinguish Disney from Universal parks.

unmitigated disaster

"All Star Resorts has the same amenities as a motel and should be a lot cheaper".

No. Let's count the things the All-Stars have that you everyday Holiday Inn Express does not:

- 24 hour maintenance
- Landscaping
- Gift shop
-bell staff
- outdoor movies
-security
-I'm guessing some sort of 24-hour maid service
-themeing

Lilofan

"All Star Resorts has the same amenities as a motel and should be a lot cheaper".

No. Let's count the things the All-Stars have that you everyday Holiday Inn Express does not:

- 24 hour maintenance
- Landscaping
- Gift shop
-bell staff
- outdoor movies
-security
-I'm guessing some sort of 24-hour maid service
-themeing
However Holiday Inn Express usually has 24/7 coffee in the lobby, complimentary USA today paper, hot and cold buffet breakfast daily and Free parking.

FutureCEO

Pirates of the Caribbean is garbage.....why do they even keep this ride.

Seriously, a family member who does not go very often said this.
I simply......walked away.🥴

In defense, the one in Shanghai is much better. Actually, a lot of classics are better overseas. I do love Pirates though.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

But would it be great if you provide that information that there are 4 theme parks within Disney World so they won't be that clueless. Don't assume that people will get what you're saying every time. Yes, most of it is self explanatory and can be done through researching as Google is so accessible nowadays but you would be surprised how stupid people are.

It's the same reason why guests asks CMs where is Harry Potter world in WDW when they are clearly in a wrong park. Some can't even distinguish Disney from Universal parks.
Answer: No. Again I said the lesson was over

unmitigated disaster

However Holiday Inn Express usually has 24/7 coffee in the lobby, complimentary USA today paper, hot and cold buffet breakfast daily and Free parking.
Free parking depends. You ain't getting it at the Holiday Inn Express at the Fisherman's Wharf.

Sure, they have a free continental and coffee and newspapers, but there's no grounds for you to walk on. There's no lifeguard at the pool. And rooms aren't $69.00 anymore. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in tiny Greenville, Ohio last summer. Middle of nowhere (but with a very nice history museum). It was something like $119 or $129 with the IHG member rate.

*NB I don't know where parking attendants, transportation, and the food court 's budgets come from, so I'm not counting them.

Lilofan

Free parking depends. You ain't getting it at the Holiday Inn Express at the Fisherman's Wharf.

Sure, they have a free continental and coffee and newspapers, but there's no grounds for you to walk on. There's no lifeguard at the pool. And rooms aren't $69.00 anymore. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in tiny Greenville, Ohio last summer. Middle of nowhere (but with a very nice history museum). It was something like $119 or $129 with the IHG member rate.

*NB I don't know where parking attendants, transportation, and the food court 's budgets come from, so I'm not counting them.
Thru NC,SC,GA on I-95 one gets the hotel coupon book at the state line welcome center and gets a better deal. And the buffett breakfast is eggs, waffles, biscuits, gravy, grits, bacon or sausage and cold items, juice, milk,etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom