Fast and Furious: Supercharged and Men in Black: Alien Attack to be replaced soon?

JT3000

You make valid points, and I see where you are coming from, however, it has been proven that just adding a popular IP, especially at Universal with Potter, you can make an attraction more popular. By no means is that all that they would do, I'd image the show scenes would be updated, as well as the way the screens are placed out, and the vehicles can see them. It would just be a semi-cheap addition to Diagon Alley, not unlike Flight of the Hippogriff at IOA.

If anything, they've proven the exact opposite. Dragon Challenge started to lose ridership as part of Lost Continent, and no one was riding it when it was in Hogsmeade. Cheap rethemes are never the answer, even with a popular IP behind it, and I don't think Rowling would even allow that again.

They essentially just don't want this attraction to be the only representation of the F&F IP in the park. Also, "London Suburbs" would just be incorporated to the existing London area, with dining and shops. In my opinion, however, this idea is a far stretch. I'm just reporting that it is an idea, not that it will actually happen.

While I understand that F&F is a profitable IP, I don't think this is a hill Universal wants to die on. At a time when the new park is getting pushed back a year for supposed financial reasons, I don't see ideas like this getting past the "throw ____ at a wall to see what sticks" phase of Creativing™.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
If anything, they've proven the exact opposite. Dragon Challenge started to lose ridership as part of Lost Continent, and no one was riding it when it was in Hogsmeade. Cheap rethemes are never the answer, even with a popular IP behind it, and I don't think Rowling would even allow that again.

While I understand that F&F is a profitable IP, I don't think this is a hill Universal wants to die on. At a time when the new park is getting pushed back a year for supposed financial reasons, I don't see ideas like this getting past the "throw ____ at a wall to see what sticks" phase of Creativing™.

fair points. I almost wonder if this was an idea earlier on prior to the whole pandemic, and is just not surfacing.

JT3000

I don't know who thought the F+F was a good idea? I guess it works in California but was just crap in FL. They should have called me up, I would have shot down the idea in the first 5 seconds and then berated whoever thought it was a good idea.

It doesn't work there either. It was widely panned the moment it opened at USH. But F&F prints money, so they pushed through with a version here anyway. Hooray for corporate synergy.

Jphaddad96

I wouldn't complain about getting a new ride for MIB. That area of the park is lifeless

I agree, but the ride isn't good for many people... but if Universal ask me wich ride/land to revamp, I prefer the Kidzone, poseidon's fury land or the Cat in the Hat section... 🤔

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've heard several mumblings on the InsideUniversal Studios, a select number of projects are under consideration, primarily updates for KidZone in the Studios park and Seuss Landing in Islands. If these plans are indeed the case, that would alot for about 1 new addition for the years until 2024 when EU opens.

2021- Jurassic Park Coaster
2022- Seuss Update
2023- Kidzone Update
2024- EU

By "Seuss Update," do you mean updating the Seuss attractions, or replacing Seuss with some other IP?

Because, if the latter... There is an outdated zone (or two) in IOA which is absolutely begging to be replaced with a better IP. Seuss is eternal.

Jon81uk

By "Seuss Update," do you mean updating the Seuss attractions, or replacing Seuss with some other IP?

Because, if the latter... There is an outdated zone (or two) in IOA which is absolutely begging to be replaced with a better IP. Seuss is eternal.
I would expect/hope its the former. Seuss is the right IP but the land could do with a refresh but nothing more than a small ride and some repaints really.

As you say there are areas a lot more outdated areas or empty plots that need something else, across both parks before Seuss is significantly redone.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster

I don't know anything about either of those options, so I cannot comment on that. But yes, I agree, there are two outdated lands in IOA which need to be replaced- The Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon. I'd hope that they'd just update the rides themselves.

Coolbert

...two outdated lands in IOA which need to be replaced- The Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon.
1588786595880.png

I respectfully disagree.

cheezbat

I totally agree with Lost Continent.
Exactly. Lost Continent is nothing more than a walkthrough attraction and nice sit down dinner. If there are no plans to add more to the area, doze the thing and add something worthwhile.

Seuss just needs another family friendly dark ride and maybe a smaller family coaster to really round it out....Toon Lagoon may have ‘outdated’ IPs, but it has two awesome attractions.

The Grand Inquisitor

I would expect/hope its the former. Seuss is the right IP but the land could do with a refresh but nothing more than a small ride and some repaints really.

As you say there are areas a lot more outdated areas or empty plots that need something else, across both parks before Seuss is significantly redone.
I agree Seuss landing is prefect. It does need a refresh and a Grinch ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom