News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Purduevian

After guests exit a skyliner car, instead of new guests entering, a CM sprays the car. The car is empty until it reaches the next station. That few minutes should be enough time for the disenfectant to do it's thing.
It's self explanatory and also lewisc's explanation.

Gottcha, only loading the skyliner with half of the people capacity. I thought they were saying only run it one way or only open half the lines or with half the cabins and I couldn't figure out how that would help at all. But loading every other cabin and disinfecting alternating ones could work as long as the disinfectant could be applied in the ~30 seconds the cabin is in the station with its doors open after people exit

Kamikaze

Gottcha, only loading the skyliner with half of the people capacity. I thought they were saying only run it one way or only open half the lines or with half the cabins and I couldn't figure out how that would help at all. But loading every other cabin and disinfecting alternating ones could work as long as the disinfectant could be applied in the ~30 seconds the cabin is in the station with its doors open after people exit

See, I thought the way you did too, that he meant only run it one direction.

What he (or at least @lewisc) is saying is that when cabin X comes in at DHS, a CM gets on and rides cabin 100 all the way back to the CBR hub, cleaning it while it is in motion. Then cabin X can be used again by a different guest. It isn't a practical solution because they would need far too many CMs to catch every single cabin as guests disembark. You'd have to go back through all the numbers (and who wants to do that again) but with somewhere from 5-8 cabins dropping off every minute, and a minimum 5 minute trip, you would need 50 CMs per line minimum to do the cleaning if you were going to clean after every single guest.

lewisc

What he (or at least @lewisc) is saying is that when cabin X comes in at DHS, a CM gets on and rides cabin 100 all the way back to the CBR hub, cleaning it while it is in motion. Then cabin X can be used again by a different guest. It isn't a practical solution because they would need far too many CMs to catch every single cabin as guests disembark. You'd have to go back through all the numbers (and who wants to do that again) but with somewhere from 5-8 cabins dropping off every minute, and a minimum 5 minute trip, you would need 50 CMs per line minimum to do the cleaning if you were going to clean after every single guest.
I'm saying a CM can spray or wipe the cabin in the 30 seconds that would otherwise being spent loading the car with guests. The CM would disinfect and exit while still in the station. If necessary the skyliner would be slowed down. If neccesary 2 or 3 CM could enter the car and disenfect. Your solution would work but would require too many CM to be workable. There are some treatments which offer protection for at least 24 hours. I'm sure this is something Disney is researching.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member

See, now I read it as spray it down in the station when the previous occupants exit, presumably with some kind of high-pressure mist that would get everything. It would then travel, empty, to the next station where it would be ready to accept passengers at that time. (This doesn't sound terribly realistic to me, either, but there's a lot that I don't know.)

EDIT: Never mind. Already explained.

surfsupdon

I’m not seeing the gondola Skyliners disinfected after each use. Just like I don’t see the shopping carts at Target disinfected after each use.

I think with the Skyliner, one family per gondola will work fine. Then it’s your responsibility to not excessively touch things and then suck on your fingers. Bring some wipes or sanitizer for your hands, and then use the Purell touch point after you leave.

Kamikaze

See, now I read it as spray it down in the station when the previous occupants exit, presumably with some kind of high-pressure mist that would get everything. It would then travel, empty, to the next station where it would be ready to accept passengers at that time. (This doesn't sound terribly realistic to me, either, but there's a lot that I don't know.)

EDIT: Never mind. Already explained.

Misters like that do exist, but having enough of them to put one in basically every cabin is unrealistic, and they require power.

Kamikaze

I'm saying a CM can spray or wipe the cabin in the 30 seconds that would otherwise being spent loading the car with guests. The CM would disinfect and exit while still in the station. If necessary the skyliner would be slowed down. If neccesary 2 or 3 CM could enter the car and disenfect. Your solution would work but would require too many CM to be workable. There are some treatments which offer protection for at least 24 hours. I'm sure this is something Disney is researching.

You said the CM would ride the cabin to 'the next station' originally, which is why I was confused. You mean ride the cabin from disembark to embark in the same station.

They can't slow the gondolas in the station without stopping the line.

We've already discussed the 24 hour treatments. I would agree the skyliner would be an appropriate place to use them, since its more difficult to clean than say a queue.

lewisc

I’m not seeing the gondola Skyliners disinfected after each use. Just like I don’t see the shopping carts at Target disinfected after each use.

COSTCO and two local supermarkets have employees wipe the handles of carts between customers.
Misters like that do exist, but having enough of them to put one in basically every cabin is unrealistic, and they require power.
I was responding to the poster who asked how running at half capacity would help. I was thinking lower tech. A CM would use a wipe or a regular spray bottle. You could use a battery sort if pressure washer if you wanted to get the car.

surfsupdon

COSTCO and two local supermarkets have employees wipe the handles of carts between customers.

Rite. But are they wiping down the entire basket after children sit in them? The handles on the carts are a high touch point location. I don’t see a Skyliner cabin having a similar high touch point location. And as discussed, when exiting, use the hand sanitizer on the exit ramp.

ImperfectPixie

Rite. But are they wiping down the entire basket after children sit in them? The handles on the carts are a high touch point location. I don’t see a Skyliner cabin having a similar high touch point location. And as discussed, when exiting, use the hand sanitizer on the exit ramp.
I haven't seen a single child in a shopping cart in at least a month and a half. I have seen younger than usual children sitting in cars and listening to the radio or playing on a phone.

lewisc

You said the CM would ride the cabin to 'the next station' originally, which is why I was confused. You mean ride the cabin from disembark to embark in the same station.

They can't slow the gondolas in the station without stopping the line.

We've already discussed the 24 hour treatments. I would agree the skyliner would be an appropriate place to use them, since its more difficult to clean than say a queue.
No. I said the gondola would ride to the next station empty. The only way that would be possible is if the CM disinfects then exits the gondola before it leaves the station. I'm sorry you didn't read my post as intended. Sometimes I post in "shorthand"
The skyliner can run at a reduced speed. The entire line.

I was explaining what a PP meant when he suggested running the skyliner at half capacity.
I have no idea if a 24 overnight disinfection would be sufficient. I have no idea if suggesting guests use hand sanitizer is sufficient I have no idea what kind of disenfection, if any, will be required between guests. I have no interest in such discussion. I was only trying to explain a suggestion made by a PP.

Disorbust

It's not just the disinfecting. If you hand sanitize going in and out of the gondala that would cover much of it. The problem is when someone coughs, unmasked the virus is aroseolized for an hour. It may be less with all the air movement. And if it is aerosolized only a n95 can be helpful and then only at 95% filtration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom